Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm all for this movie. :D After almost a year of no new Daniel movie product, I'm hankering for ANY FILM in which Daniel stars because I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms... Hair or no hair, accent or no accent - Daniel come as you are!!! 8)
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I love psychological thrillers, so I'm very pleased with this one :D. I have to agree that every movie is a gift, but I'm glad it's this one :D. I don't matter any accent, because every is surely sexy :twisted:.
togal

Post by togal »

cornell01 wrote:
togal wrote:
cornell01 wrote: How lucky you live in Toronto! Maybe you'll see him. Please give us all the rumors and news. Is there a "Good Morning, Canada" type morning TV show in Toronto, with an entertainment commentator who might have some DC news every so often? Or an entertainment column in the Toronto newspaper that might mention him and where's he's been seen?
yes, we do have canadian entertainment shows like entertainment tonight canada and etalk- who's host also happens to live in my building. :D there are local tv stations here which do celebrity/entertainment segments too. i remember when clive owen was here in toronto filming he had a crazy stalker who would wait in front of his building. :shock: he was spotted all the time at starbucks, restaurants in little italy and yorkville, and even at a punk club. ladies at the gym that he worked out at were getting all dolled up in case they bumped into him. :lol:
Wonder how long filming will take? Typically three months? Please keep us informed during those three months!!

A number of movies have been filmed in Toronto, right? Are there certain places where the actors like to stay? Probably DC will look for a building with a gym, like where he is in NYC. It would be interesting to see what kind of restaurants they like to go to. I'm assuming SM will be there with him. If they go out, where? DC said once that he's in bed by 9:30pm when he's filming, and Bond producer Michael Wilson said that DC is a very disciplined worker.

He's in NYC right now, but we're not hearing very much about him, and there haven't been many photos. What a dry, dry time!
yes, quite a few movies have been filmed in toronto. off the top of my head, the more famous ones are cinderella man, chicago, and the hulk. i live in downtown toronto and i bump into movie shoots every now and then. the yorkville area is very popular with celebrities and the wealthy. there are a few hotels in that area that daniel will have to choose from and tons of restaurants plus a whole foods. toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world and we have every type of cuisine you can imagine. there is also a very popular hot-spot called ultra supper club across the street from my home usually used for film festival after parties.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270087/

"Dream House (2009) More at IMDbPro »

Coming off of a devastating broken engagement, Daniel Mays looks to start a new life in a new upstate home. No sooner does he move into his "dream house," than strange occurrences begin happening - not the least of which is the unexpected appearance of his ex-fiancé. As Daniel continues to try and build a new life and a new love, the events in the house push him closer and closer to a horrific realization that will change his life forever."

Has this movie been done before then re written? it say it released this year?? and look at name of leading character!
:lol:

(i steal article from basura site)
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh and he gets to fall in love....a little romance, finally! :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:Oh and he gets to fall in love....a little romance, finally! :D
Calm down BB, it not THIS Dream house ....

there has been a movie before with the same title....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Oh and he gets to fall in love....a little romance, finally! :D
Calm down BB, it not THIS Dream house ....

there has been a movie before with the same title....
Bah - a steady rain on my parade.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

it was about this movie (half down the site)

http://www.kevinhicks.com/

but the offical site is gone, I supose this movie never made in the theaters....but dunno :wink:

edit: the site is available http://www.dreamhousemovie.com/
Last edited by Dunda on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

'Bah - a steady rain on my parade.' Nice DC play plug in BB 8)

I'm interested in how this is going to turn out. I'm gonna to have to agree with Laredo that aside from his accents in Defiance and Infamous; his other American accent portrayls have been so-so; though this is coming from an American :roll: Because it's like think about it...how many Brit's nit-pick when an American actor portrays someone across the pond? It happens all the time, maybe not very vocally per-say but people judge (I know that I judge actors accents when they try to do something from the Midwest or more specifically Minnesota. I can't sit through Fargo or A Prairie Home Guide Companion without cringing :roll: ).
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I can understand concerns about accents and know exactly what you mean Zib.

But ... Dan will never be as bad as this:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090831/ten ... d6d_1.html

Much though I love Sean Connery, he really only does have one accent :wink:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I'm quite into good old-fashioned spine-chillers, so I like the idea that Daniel is going to be in one. I just hope this movie will turn out better than The Invasion.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Anglophile wrote:I'm quite into good old-fashioned spine-chillers, so I like the idea that Daniel is going to be in one. I just hope this movie will turn out better than The Invasion.
Oh, I so agree - hopefully he turn an old-fashioned concept into something memorable
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I have to admit that I found Invasion quite good :oops: :oops: :oops:.
Daniel Craig 007

Post by Daniel Craig 007 »

I think and I mainly hope that we don't really have to worry.
The story isn't a very new one, and they want to involve the old-fashion concept. Maybe this seems to be a bit boring at first.
But if a man like Daniel Craig, and we know very well that he's is quite choosy with scripts, signs on for a fil like that, there has to be something very interesting and special in it. And I think Daniel's performance will be very good as well. So I'm quite optimistic that this film will be a very good one.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:I have to admit that I found Invasion quite good :oops: :oops: :oops:.
I still think the original Hirschbiegel version would have been much better :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~