JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Cyanaurora wrote:I saw plane tickets advertised LA to NY round trip $200. Do you think a person could take the red-eye to NY, see THE show and take to red-eye back? Then I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel.
IF I could go to the play, I think that is how I would have to do it. Fly from London, one night in a hotel and fly home the next day. The less time I spent in NYC, the less money I would spend. BUT the flight would still cost the same and I really can't justify spending one night in the city when I REALLY want to see New York!!! The more I think about it and my current financial position, the less I feel able to go but then, I'm not in a very optimistic place at the moment! :?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:My conversation continued with my neighbor, the big HJ fan and she expressed her concerns about a song and dance man's ability to pull off serious drama. "Daniel seems a perfect choice, but Hugh?" was what she said to me.

:roll:
That was what I wanted to express. Daniel couldn´t pull off a musical like Hugh, but serious drama demands another category of acting chops and I haven´t seen that in Hughs films yet. But maybe they will perfectly compliment each other.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:My conversation continued with my neighbor, the big HJ fan and she expressed her concerns about a song and dance man's ability to pull off serious drama. "Daniel seems a perfect choice, but Hugh?" was what she said to me.

That was what I wanted to express. Daniel couldn´t pull off a musical like Hugh, but serious drama demands another category of acting chops and I haven´t seen that in Hughs films yet. But maybe they will perfectly compliment each other.
It's interesting - I can't quite picture the chemistry between them yet - but Daniel is such a chameleon - I get the feeling the weight of the acting will be on his side.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

It's interesting - I can't quite picture the chemistry between them yet - but Daniel is such a chameleon - I get the feeling the weight of the acting will be on his side.
They seem to like each other in real life, which will make it more easy to give the impression of being friends, when the play starts. Now the turmoil that will follow, is another thing altogether...But thenn again, Babs is no fool, she has thrown in her money on this and must have the feeling, that Hugh is up to it. Lets hope, she is right.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote: That was what I wanted to express. Daniel couldn´t pull off a musical like Hugh, but serious drama demands another category of acting chops and I haven´t seen that in Hughs films yet. But maybe they will perfectly compliment each other.
She knows what she does and so I don't worry about that. Hugh is fantastic and Daniel is anyway. So I don't see a problem in the cast or the chemistry.

They seem to like each other in real life, which will make it more easy to give the impression of being friends, when the play starts. Now the turmoil that will follow, is another thing altogether...But thenn again, Babs is no fool, she has thrown in her money on this and must have the feeling, that Hugh is up to it. Lets hope, she is right.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From some interview - not related to this upcoming play.

I mean, the worst thing you can do is rehearse a play for six weeks, put it on the first night, and you get hammered. I mean, there's nothing more devastating. But, on the other hand, it's, you know—there's worse things that happen in this world.

Guess all of us will be sitting with our fingers crossed the night before the first verdicts.

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:From some interview - not related to this upcoming play.

I mean, the worst thing you can do is rehearse a play for six weeks, put it on the first night, and you get hammered. I mean, there's nothing more devastating. But, on the other hand, it's, you know—there's worse things that happen in this world.

Guess all of us will be sitting with our fingers crossed the night before the first verdicts.
Oh, yes. I'll just hope everything will be fine.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I read that it will be at the Schoenfeld Theater.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

That's what I read too, just a few minutes ago:

Meanwhile, it's said to be likely that Hugh Jackman-Daniel Craig starrer "A Steady Rain" will book the Schoenfeld, former home of "Impressionism";

source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... Id=15&cs=1

no idea how reliable this is :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Gerald Schoenfeld Theater. 236 West 45th Street New York, NY 10036
It holds 1,079 seats.

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h ... G%26um%3D1

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

OMG...over 1,000 seats. Easy to get lost, I think.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jana66 wrote:OMG...over 1,000 seats. Easy to get lost, I think.
Problem will be, if you are too far away, he will look like an ant - and we wouldn´t want that, would we? I have theatre glasses though :lol:

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
Jana66 wrote:OMG...over 1,000 seats. Easy to get lost, I think.
Problem will be, if you are too far away, he will look like an ant - and we wouldn´t want that, would we? I have theatre glasses though :lol:
we will all see fine i think our eyes like the saucers on the stalks.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All that testosterone will probably rather blind us anyway :twisted:

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Oh I soooo want to go! To see Dan and to meet you guys :)
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")