THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sasha

Post by sasha »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
sasha wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: Was it a true story or one of Spielbergs wornderful imagination?
I really haven't seen much about it, I think I did see 1 trailer but for the life of me I can't remember it. :roll:

It's fiction. And I expect it to be very good. It's set in England and Spielberg invited mostly British cast for this movie including Tom Hiddleston from "The Deep Blue Sea" and Benedict Cumberbatch, who now starting to have high profile HW carrier (I first saw him in "Amazing Grace"). I think Spielberg loves European actors.
:shock: thank you for the quick lesson on the movie, sounds really good, thanks,
:lol: :lol: Sorry. It's not exactly my kind of movie, but it's interesting what Spielberg can do with it. They predict the movie Oscar nominations, but it will be released only in the end of December. The same deal as with TGWDT - I'm thinking about the info you gave about Oscars - what with campaign? I don't know this kitchen.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sasha wrote:Thanks, Luna! Great read.
Love your avi! You got his expression exactly. :lol:

Is David Fincher’s “Dragon Tattoo” screening at New York Film Festival?
'Organizers at the New York Film Festival have revealed that a “work in progress from a master filmmaker” will screen Monday night, Oct. 10, at Avery Fisher Hall. The film “is due to be released in theaters this year,” which has Internet tongues wagging about what screening possibly could be.'
I wish it would, but it can be anything - Spielberg's "War Horse" for example.

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/10/07 ... rds-alley/
Another guess is that it'll be Hugo from Scorsese staring Depp, Law and Kingsley
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970179/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Hopefully they are not right with this, a bit of danger indeed :?

Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig in new promo images from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Are you sick of all the new stills, promo images, trailers and TV spots that have been popping up for THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO? Yeah, me too. Columbia Pictures has been cramming marketing material down our throats for a while, but I’m so enamored with Rooney Mara in the role of Lisbeth Salander that I can’t help but be excited every time they give us something new. And judging by what Columbia is focusing on, they’re excited about her too because she’s been the focal point in just about every campaign. Daniel Craig’s involvement at this point is barely an afterthought.

Below are some new promotional images that popped up from the French website Le Monde. They’re more of the same of what we’ve seen before, but they’re slightly different looks at Mara as Salander. And then there’s one of Daniel Craig, thrown in for good measure. Tattoo also stars Robin Wright, Christopher Plummer and Stellan Skarsgard. The David Fincher directed film hits theaters everywhere on December 21st, 2011.

source: http://www.flix66.com/2011/10/07/rooney ... on-tattoo/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Well gosh, we HAVE been getting heated! The lion's are roaring in Daniels corner again, sticking up for our beloved's actions and life decisions!! 8) I have nothing much further to add except a slight disagreement with JEC's post (and this NEVER usually happens!) about Daniel being more valued and loved in the UK. I actually think he is not valued or loved ENOUGH!!! It pisses me off when a movie like 'Tinker Tailor..' for example has the media crowing about how it stars every major actor in Britain when DANIEL ISN'T IN IT!!!! :evil: I really don't think they get how talented he is and how lucky we are to have him as a representative of UK creativity....

Crap, is the GWDT premiere REALLY on 12th December???? Is that date firm?? If so, I'm gonna have to move my holiday. It shouldn't be a problem as most people have Xmas off in December. I guess that's why it's earlier than normal ... to avoid the Xmas shopping rush. I DO NOT want the same debacle that I had with C&A. Moving my holiday left, right and centre to try and get to the same day... only to miss it anyway!! :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

A couple of thoughts about this:

So far, I feel, he was as much of a focus as Rooney was - holding back on her even IMO. Now they change it, because that was the marketing plan coming closer to release date. After all - SHE is the one, everybody and his dog are curious about. Guess not many need proof, that Daniel gets the job done. That isn't so with Rooney, hence they have to give out good vibes from her through pics...

..or they change the focus now, because they have the feeling, marketing Daniel too much isn't going to bring butts in the theaters after what happened with his last films.

IMO - both is possible, but I don't agree, that the focus was on her since the start. First poster has as much DC as Roones, second even more of him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I feel that more people are curious about Rooney's transformation into Lisbeth. It's logical a lot of the focus is going to be on her. This is the film that could make her into a star.
Everyone will want to know how she compares to naomi. I don't think this has anything to do with DC's popularity at the box office.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I feel that more people are curious about Rooney's transformation into Lisbeth. It's logical a lot of the focus is going to be on her. This is the film that could make her into a star.
Everyone will want to know how she compares to naomi. I don't think this has anything to do with DC's popularity at the box office.
I agree. I don't think there are many out there who whine about DC as MB and more fuss is about RM and the movies per se. So this focus on RM is probably their tactic to reassure people that have doubts about her.
tampa

Post by tampa »

caramel wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I feel that more people are curious about Rooney's transformation into Lisbeth. It's logical a lot of the focus is going to be on her. This is the film that could make her into a star.
I agree. I don't think there are many out there who whine about DC as MB and more fuss is about RM and the movies per se. So this focus on RM is probably their tactic to reassure people that have doubts about her.
I agree. I think Mara has to make people forget Naomi so the studio is selling her hard. DC doesn't have that burden. But bottom line, the only person that can make Tattoo a hit is Fincher.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig plays Mikael Blomkvist, a role previously played by Michael Nyqvist in the three Swedish films. It's actually hard to think of a better possible choice in Hollywood for the role than Craig. He exudes the kind of intelligence and tenacity that the character needs. Also, the book describes Blomkvist as more of a 'ladies man', with several female partners throughout the trilogy, and going by his turns as James Bond, Craig seems to suit this kind of character a little more than Nyqvist.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/119/1198554p1.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sasha

Post by sasha »

Dunda wrote:
sasha wrote:Thanks, Luna! Great read.
Love your avi! You got his expression exactly. :lol:

Is David Fincher’s “Dragon Tattoo” screening at New York Film Festival?
'Organizers at the New York Film Festival have revealed that a “work in progress from a master filmmaker” will screen Monday night, Oct. 10, at Avery Fisher Hall. The film “is due to be released in theaters this year,” which has Internet tongues wagging about what screening possibly could be.'
I wish it would, but it can be anything - Spielberg's "War Horse" for example.

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/10/07 ... rds-alley/
Another guess is that it'll be Hugo from Scorsese staring Depp, Law and Kingsley
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970179/
Looks like you are right. (Again :twisted: )

"Some think it may be David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but I know for a fact no one at Sony is aware if it is, and apparently it would violate his deal if he were doing this on his own. So very doubtful. That leaves a genuine “master,” Martin Scorsese, with his work, the 3D Hugo from Paramount, which is still “in progress” toward its November 23rd holiday release. However, a Paramount source who knows these things guessed it was the Daldry film while strongly indicating it wasn’t Hugo, adding, “Do you really think Martin Scorsese would premiere his movie that way?” Well, yes. He took Gangs Of New York to Cannes seven months before its December 2002 release and showed 20 minutes of the “work in progress.” Several sources “sworn to secrecy” are also pointing to Hugo. Guess it’s a wait-and-see game until 7 PM ET Monday. Nice way to get people talking about you out here on the other coast, NYFF!"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/hammond ... ery-movie/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

According to the Daily Blam site, this is supposed to be another viral site for dragon tattoo. I can't get anything. Anybody?

http://comesforthinthethaw.com/#

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/10/1 ... gon-tattoo
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:According to the Daily Blam site, this is supposed to be another viral site for dragon tattoo. I can't get anything. Anybody?

http://comesforthinthethaw.com/#

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/10/1 ... gon-tattoo
More on it here....

We have been wondering for a long time what mouthtapedshut.com, the tumblr site for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, was really all about, was it a viral site or was it just a site for teaser images? Sony’s newly launched ComesForthintheThaw.com, we can surmise it is the latter. Hit the jump to see what this new site is all about.
As hinted in their newest post (via Slashfilm), Comesforthinthethaw.com opens with a white background with text that reads “What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw. Clicking on the link takes you to a new page. We can hear yet another teaser for the score conducted by Trenzt Reznor and Atticus Ross and a POV look of Milleninum, the magazine that Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) runs. As cycle of ice begins to cover the screen and is quickly thawed out and the image becomes clearer to reveal sounds of trains and announcements, doors opening, water running, what sounds like to be a struggle, and some conversing between two characters.

We can’t make much of this now, but this site takes from the mystery and specter of mouthtapedshut.com. Having never read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I can only expect this mystery to grow darker even when clues shed more light.

http://www.movieviral.com/2011/10/10/ne ... too-viral/
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

With the first link posted by SG, when I clicked on the slogan ' What is Hidden in Snow, Comes Forth in the Thaw' I got an image of Daniel as Blomkvist leaving the court. The image comes and goes, and there is some eerie music playing in the background.
calypso

Post by calypso »

cassandra wrote:With the first link posted by SG, when I clicked on the slogan ' What is Hidden in Snow, Comes Forth in the Thaw' I got an image of Daniel as Blomkvist leaving the court. The image comes and goes, and there is some eerie music playing in the background.
here is picture
ImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

At least you get something, all I can get is the weird music. :wink: