007 - SPECTRE

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

His arms in that pic are just :drool:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Five?! Where's the fifth? In the nether regions??
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Now look at this and we never got to see it in the film. I was literally holding my breath each time, whether or not, they would show his guns. It seemed, they tried to absolutely avoid it. The camera always stopped before you could see an entire arm. Its a mystery. F*** you, Sam :evil:

Martin Campbell was the only one, who knew and was willing to showcase his assets. Such a waste. Can make you angry. A waste also in terms of how it would have gotten him new female admirers. The more time passes, the more I am on your side sf, and others. Its incredibly stupid.

Alas, another rant :twisted:
Seriously. Look at that photo. Nothing sexual about it. He could have struck that same pose in the movie and we'd all be gasping for air. Even with that unnecessary shirt on. I swear, I would have gone to see it many more times if there was eye candy in the form of skin. Yeah, his body makes him look good in suits, but what a waste to have such a physique and be so covered up.

Yeah, F-you, Sam Mendes! Way to go GG! I think he's threatened by Daniel's body in a jealousy way. His pot belly can't compete. What other expiation could there be? It's just that BB should have mandated it, and it is supposed to be a Bond requirement, no? Daniel signed up for it.
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

sf2la wrote:Seriously. Look at that photo. Nothing sexual about it. He could have struck that same pose in the movie and we'd all be gasping for air. Even with that unnecessary shirt on. I swear, I would have gone to see it many more times if there was eye candy in the form of skin. Yeah, his body makes him look good in suits, but what a waste to have such a physique and be so covered up.

Yeah, F-you, Sam Mendes! Way to go GG! I think he's threatened by Daniel's body in a jealousy way. His pot belly can't compete. What other expiation could there be? It's just that BB should have mandated it, and it is supposed to be a Bond requirement, no? Daniel signed up for it.
I don't disagree, I would have loved to see more naked skin. Somehow I've got the impression that it was Daniel's idea not to do it this time? In this interview he says "I've done it, I've had my shirt off in all the other movies. We didn't need to do it again. If you want to see my shirt off, watch the other ones." I also feel like I've seen him say he's less confident about his physique the older he gets, but don't quote me on that.

Perhaps it was a joint decision, because I can imagine that as a filmmaker Sam is pleased when he's under no obligation to craft a scene in a certain way. The only natural place a shirtless scene could have existed in the movie they made would have been in the scene with Madeleine, right, if she had had a bit more time to rip Bond's shirt off. Skyfall had lots of scenes in which it was natural for Bond to be shirtless. In any other scene in Spectre him being shirtless would have seemed out of place and it would have been obvious to the audience that it's just a gratuitous shirtless scene and that can take people out of a movie. I think it was an early decision and/or influenced by the pacing of the movie, like the kissing scene with Madeleine feels carefully paced and making it any longer by showing them undressing each other would perhaps have ruined the 'flow' of the scene? If they had wanted a shirtless scene they would have needed to write it in early on so it would have made some sense in plot... Actually, another scene in which Bond could have been shirtless is the torture scene, but then everyone's attention would have definitely been in Bond's nakedness and not in what's happening :D

I'm sure Babs had opinions, so maybe the credit sequence was a compromise?

Here's to hoping we see more skin in Daniel's future movies (Bond or not). I don't care if he doesn't feel that confident anymore, he should realise he still looks amazing. :evil:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

My feeling is, that they had way more skin in the movie but for one reason or another skipped them to what they are now.
His quote, that he went to the gym for six months and OF COURSE I get my kit off doesn't seem to rely on what we got.

IMO, whatever he said afterwards and the quote you gave us, Madeleine, was just a reaction to make sense to what happened, not that it was necessarely a plan all the way. We will never know. But Babs sure slept through this one.

Of course, with Daniel and his way of perceiving himself, its often the case, that he would not be opposed to have less of showing off and more of whatever else. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Madeleine wrote:
sf2la wrote:Seriously. Look at that photo. Nothing sexual about it. He could have struck that same pose in the movie and we'd all be gasping for air. Even with that unnecessary shirt on. I swear, I would have gone to see it many more times if there was eye candy in the form of skin. Yeah, his body makes him look good in suits, but what a waste to have such a physique and be so covered up.

I don't disagree, I would have loved to see more naked skin. Somehow I've got the impression that it was Daniel's idea not to do it this time? In this interview he says "I've done it, I've had my shirt off in all the other movies. We didn't need to do it again. If you want to see my shirt off, watch the other ones." I also feel like I've seen him say he's less confident about his physique the older he gets, but don't quote me on that.

Perhaps it was a joint decision, because I can imagine that as a filmmaker Sam is pleased when he's under no obligation to craft a scene in a certain way. The only natural place a shirtless scene could have existed in the movie they made would have been in the scene with Madeleine, right, if she had had a bit more time to rip Bond's shirt off. Skyfall had lots of scenes in which it was natural for Bond to be shirtless. In any other scene in Spectre him being shirtless would have seemed out of place and it would have been obvious to the audience that it's just a gratuitous shirtless scene and that can take people out of a movie. I think it was an early decision and/or influenced by the pacing of the movie, like the kissing scene with Madeleine feels carefully paced and making it any longer by showing them undressing each other would perhaps have ruined the 'flow' of the scene? If they had wanted a shirtless scene they would have needed to write it in early on so it would have made some sense in plot... Actually, another scene in which Bond could have been shirtless is the torture scene, but then everyone's attention would have definitely been in Bond's nakedness and not in what's happening :D

I'm sure Babs had opinions, so maybe the credit sequence was a compromise?

Here's to hoping we see more skin in Daniel's future movies (Bond or not). I don't care if he doesn't feel that confident anymore, he should realise he still looks amazing. :evil:
:stick_iagree: with you Madeleine... 100%.
Shirtless scenes would have been fantastic but they needed to happen organically, without being forced. The one scene they had in QOS felt like it was 'crowbarred' in... although it was still VERY nice to see! :wink:
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Germangirl wrote:My feeling is, that they had way more skin in the movie but for one reason or another skipped them to what they are now.
His quote, that he went to the gym for six months and OF COURSE I get my kit off doesn't seem to rely on what we got.
I forgot about that one. Oh well, Daniel sure does give indecisive and conflicting statements. ;) And true, we'll likely never know, I doubt the topic is something they'll discuss in the dvd extras.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Madeleine wrote:
Germangirl wrote:My feeling is, that they had way more skin in the movie but for one reason or another skipped them to what they are now.
I forgot about that one. Oh well, Daniel sure does give indecisive and conflicting statements. ;) And true, we'll likely never know, I doubt the topic is something they'll discuss in the dvd extras.
Yes, I think his scene with Monica was cut quite considerably, depriving us of a shirtless Dan.
The DVD extra's are as boring as f*ck. Why don't they add deleted scenes these days!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its strange, they thought the big love affair would work without any real love scenes. Sometimes its weird, how they don't seem to see the most obvious. They are intelligent people, but often enough, their brain seems to decide to quit working for a while :twisted:

Reg the DVD. The fans are not happy and that is another big ?. Its not complicated to add some nice deleted scenes. Don't they want the money?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

My thinking is that that since the bond girl, Madeleine, was fully clothed, non-sexual the entire movie, that they'd do the same for Bond. The movie lacked sexual chemistry, IMO. The teaser was a rip in that regard; Monica's scene looked like it was going to be hot. Her pose at the end of her scene, the one in the garter belt, pleeeeeze. Did they just have sex with her dressed like that or did she put that outfit on for his departure?

Daniel and Sam said they wanted to get back a lot of elements to the former Bonds. Shirtless scenes are in every one. If Daniel worked out two hours after a 14-hour set, as Lea claimed, his chest was good enough to show; the brief beginning thing showed that it was. He didn't have any fat - I looked. Those fitted shirts showed no pudge. I, too, think it was intentional from Daniel. It had to be. But I also think that it could have easily been written INTO the script, particularly his scene with Monica. In SF, he swam and pulled himself onto the pool edge. Did anyone claim that was a gratuitous scene? No. Some of us aren't MI6-super James Bond movie fans (I'm interested to find out who his successor will be, but I don't really care unless the guy is hot); some of us women and gay men go for the popcorn and eye candy in the form of Daniel Craig, not Aston Martins and martinis. Signed, Ripped Off :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I don't care either way, hot or not. Daniel goes and to me, Bond gets back to what it was before. I liked it, but it was not special.

After 10 years of fandom, it would feel like a betrayal to go for the next guy :lol: So - whoever it will be, I hope, Daniel will always be regarded as better.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:I don't care either way, hot or not. Daniel goes and to me, Bond gets back to what it was before. I liked it, but it was not special.

After 10 years of fandom, it would feel like a betrayal to go for the next guy :lol: So - whoever it will be, I hope, Daniel will always be regarded as better.

What I meant is that if the guy isn't attractive to me, I will not make an effort to see the next Bond movies - example Damien Lewis :vomit: . And really, all the others who have been suggested. Daniel has made his mark, being called the #1 or #2 Bond and reinvigorating the franchise. And BB has HHH to herself in every way but sex (my, I bet she is one frustrated woman!! :lol: ) If an unknown guy who is sexy becomes Bond, I'll give it it a look without feeling like I'm betraying him. It's not like we need to have solidarity because he was fired against his will.

Daniel, too, admitted that he wants to be better than the next guy. He'd be lying if he said otherwise.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

But I am hopeful for Daniel to be Bond again AND show us more of that fabulous body!!! :shock: :twisted: Can we hope for the best future-wise now? I am not the most optimistic person in the world but I would always try and think 'happy thoughts' as far as HHH is concerned...
:blush: :)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:But I am hopeful for Daniel to be Bond again AND show us more of that fabulous body!!! :shock: :twisted: Can we hope for the best future-wise now? I am not the most optimistic person in the world but I would always try and think 'happy thoughts' as far as HHH is concerned...
I don't really know what to think about wanting him to continue as Bond. If he's going to go into film hibernation because of it, then I'm not so sure. I know it's more difficult to stay in shape as one ages, but he's never been out of shape, has he? I don't think we have to be too concerned about that, but yeah, he has to stay his fittest while being Bond. I just want to see more of him, whatever that takes.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
SmittenDramaKitten wrote:But I am hopeful for Daniel to be Bond again AND show us more of that fabulous body!!! :shock: :twisted: Can we hope for the best future-wise now? I am not the most optimistic person in the world but I would always try and think 'happy thoughts' as far as HHH is concerned...
I don't really know what to think about wanting him to continue as Bond. If he's going to go into film hibernation because of it, then I'm not so sure. I know it's more difficult to stay in shape as one ages, but he's never been out of shape, has he? I don't think we have to be too concerned about that, but yeah, he has to stay his fittest while being Bond. I just want to see more of him, whatever that takes.
I'm not bothered whether he returns to Bond or not, just as long as he makes quality films, that's all that really matters to me.