The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - pics and vids

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cheryl1700 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
honeyjes wrote:But isn't that the point, when it's good acting.
Well sure, but it seems, some people are missing that fact - otherwise he would have been nominated for something. I dunno, but I seriously believe, that his acting is of the sort, that it doesn't seem like acting at all. Many great performances are great, because you notice their strength and the way, an actor makes that charaxcter his own. With Daniel - he just IS that person and it seems like the most natural thing...but I am biased, VERY much :wink:
I think your right, it looks effortless, but he will be recognised eventually, and get that oscar, just awaiting the right role.
I believe that 100%. Being liked by his peers doesnt hurt either, and he seems very well liked.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I really like what Harvey Weinstein says about Daniel in GWTDT.

OSCAR Q&A: Harvey Weinstein On ‘The Artist,’ Dueling Best Actress Contenders, And Indie Film In The VOD Age

I never expected The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to be so romantic. The original Swedish movie was good, but this was better because Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth Salander broke my heart. To me, the key is how great Daniel Craig is. If you don’t love him, Salander doesn’t work at all. He’s so much more powerful than the Swedish actor and he’s the center strength and selflessness of the movie, so when he walks off with Robin Wright, I’m thinking, why am I welling up at Dragon Tattoo? That’s Fincher’s great skill.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/oscar-q ... e-vod-age/
This guy is important, so this is good news. If he likes Daniel, he might come up with something for him, that worth doing,
I was going to quote the exact same thing too.
It is very rewarding indeed as a fan when the powers that be in the business take note of his talent.

@Jes - I agree with you and it is my biggest gripe when it comes to this movie and awards. So funny about Rooney being recognized for this seemingly award worthy performance while he has been in almost every single scene being the center of it all and has been getting rave reviews but then it doesn't go any further than that.
I can never get over that!

Lets hope this MB char he played opens door for other great opportunities.
khenton

Post by khenton »

My take on Rooney nom. The academy has for the last years been really stuck on women to nominate. Seems the roles just aren't there for the ladies (wonder why--predominantly male business? No one likes 'Chick Flicks'?) We could spend hours on that topic. Lisbeth is a strong woman character who takes action--a modern feminist role model(gag me--and don't shoot the messenger) and the academy (ever politically correct IMO) gives this a nod. :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:
Germangirl wrote: This guy is important, so this is good news. If he likes Daniel, he might come up with something for him, that worth doing,

I was just going to quote that "center strength and selflessness of the movie". Without daniel, lisabeth has no one to do her oneliners off, daniel is the striaghtman, a thankless task, but without him, I dont think lisabeth's character would work, i would not have given much sympathy to lisabeth's character, because she is hard, with no social skills, and someone in real life u would tell in no uncertain terms to go get stuffed or buck up. Just the way she treated the librarian, no manners, or empathy to get along. Glad to see someone recognises the that fact that daniel did a great job!]
..and someone, who KNOWS the biz.
It is wonderful that Weinstein and Scott Rudin, probably the two most important producers of quality movies, have very publicly praised DC so highly. They get him. They know what good acting is, and that flashy is often not great acting. A true acting talent will selflessly serve the film, and not their own desire for awards. To a producer and director, that is a huge thing when dealing with A-lister types, who are often serving only themselves and can undermine a film. For now, DC may not get the flashy award recognition, but I would bet he will be on their short list for future great scripts, and that is a very big deal.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tampa wrote: It is wonderful that Weinstein and Scott Rudin, probably the two most important producers of quality movies, have very publicly praised DC so highly. They get him. They know what good acting is, and that flashy is often not great acting. A true acting talent will selflessly serve the film, and not their own desire for awards. To a producer and director, that is a huge thing when dealing with A-lister types, who are often serving only themselves and can undermine a film. For now, DC may not get the flashy award recognition, but I would bet he will be on their short list for future great scripts, and that is a very big deal.
This...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

.......and that's my whole problem with Hollyweird. SO much of what gets recognised is purely political or "it's not what you know, it's who you know", or even "whose turn is it this year?" Baloney! :evil:

Sure, some good results get through and talent does sometimes get recognised. But flash, fashion and politics have just as big (if not bigger) say in who gets the gongs.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:
.......and that's my whole problem with Hollyweird. SO much of what gets recognised is purely political or "it's not what you know, it's who you know", or even "whose turn is it this year?" Baloney! :evil:

Sure, some good results get through and talent does sometimes get recognised. But flash, fashion and politics have just as big (if not bigger) say in who gets the gongs.
The voting is done by the Academy, and Ebert says it's fair. I know Daniel did a 'perfect' job with Mikael, but did the nominated supporting actors do a better job? I'm just asking as I have no idea. I haven't seen all of the other performances. We are so biased on here, I just wonder how fair we would really be in voting. I'd like to think that I would be totally fair, even passing on Daniel if I thought someone else did a better job.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:I'd like to think that I would be totally fair, even passing on Daniel if I thought someone else did a better job.
You are a much better person then me then :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:I'd like to think that I would be totally fair, even passing on Daniel if I thought someone else did a better job.
Well, someone's performance would have to be considerably better. No way is there a better actor, but maybe a role showcases someone else's range better or something. Heck, what am I saying, I'd vote for him just to get him to attend the Oscars and again to hear his acceptance speech. Can you imagine??????? Oh, to hear who he would thank :lol:
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Well, someone's performance would have to be considerably better. No way is there a better actor, but maybe a role showcases someone else's range better or something. Heck, what am I saying, I'd vote for him just to get him to attend the Oscars and again to hear his acceptance speech. Can you imagine??????? Oh, to hear who he would thank :lol:
His mother otherwise he would never hear the end of it!

I reckon daniel's speech would go something like this
Thank you for this I am speechless, thank you very much. The end and off he goes.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote: You are a much better person then me then :lol:

Thank you for this I am speechless, thank you very much. The end and off he goes.
It will - mpst likely - be the shortest speech ever - no kidding. He would be so nervous, he wouldn't be able to speak a sentence, that makes sense. OR it would be "Fuck, I didn't expect that" :twisted:

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Germangirl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:
sf2la wrote: Well, someone's performance would have to be considerably better. No way is there a better actor, but maybe a role showcases someone else's range better or something. Heck, what am I saying, I'd vote for him just to get him to attend the Oscars and again to hear his acceptance speech. Can you imagine??????? Oh, to hear who he would thank :lol:

It will - mpst likely - be the shortest speech ever - no kidding. He would be so nervous, he wouldn't be able to speak a sentence, that makes sense. OR it would be "Fuck, I didn't expect that" :twisted:
That wouldnt surprise me. :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:
That wouldnt surprise me. :lol:
..and they would take his Oscar away right again due to bad behaviour :lol: This certainly would be bad taste, but he isn't beyond being so screwed up up there, that it just happens 8) So best, keep it short, real short, Danny :twisted:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm - "A lot of people have to watch this film, before they do two more. A LOT!"
So this indicates, its still far from confirmed. :sad: If I remember it well, the confirmation from Sony came after some nods the film got. But now, not many of them worked out, certainly not in the major categories apart from Rooney. Maybe another of Daniels franchises goes down the gutter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RroD88SQfxs

tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote:Hm - "A lot of people have to watch this film, before they do two more. A LOT!"
So this indicates, its still far from confirmed. :sad: If I remember it well, the confirmation from Sony came after some nods the film got. But now, not many of them worked out, certainly not in the major categories apart from Rooney. Maybe another of Daniels franchises goes down the gutter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RroD88SQfxs
This statement by Fincher was not much of a team play. Sony has likely been stating they will do the sequels to help with the Oscar votes, and to help prop up the grosses where it is still just starting or hasn't opened yet. Fincher doesn't seem to be very interested in doing the sequels, and I just think it was not very supportive of the efforts to get them lined up, for him to say this publicly - even if it is true.

On the other hand, part of me will not be sad to see DC not tied down for another year or longer with 2 films where he has to play second fiddle to Mara. He should be doing films where HE gets all the attention and press. Not to detract from her excellent performance, but I hope Mara appreciates how lucky she was to have gotten this plum of a role and to have had the ton of support she got from Fincher's directing methods and DC's selfless performance that helped to make her Lizbeth work so well.