Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

She probably wants more money. I agree with GG, she's not the only one in the world, there are others and maybe even better.
purple

Post by purple »

I am with you ladies. I loved Sf theme song, no doubt about that, but if she won't return, ok then. Anyway I am a bit afraid of too much repetitions, I wouldn't want the new instalment to be some sort of a remake. I would like a wonderful film (that is not too much to ask now, is it?) but not a clone.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I agree, I don't mind Sam Mendes coming back because he wont be only director to do two Bond movies, but Adele again? No thanks
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

:stick_iagree: too...... Just because SF made a TON of money at the box office, the worse thing Eon / Sony could do is adopt an 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' approach and try and make the next Bond exactly the same. I love SF but it was not 100% perfect. CR is still my favourite of Daniels Bonds. SF did seem to have story threads that did not go anywhere... does anyone know what happened to that list of agents on the stolen disc????? Sam should definitely come back as director but I will not weep if Adele is not included. I think the only essential 'item' in any Bond movie these days is Daniel. I have always liked the idea of Muse doing the theme. I often wonder if Daniel and Matt a) had a chance to meet when they both did SNL and b) if the Bond theme subject then came up in conversation....

:brood:
Alina

Post by Alina »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote: SF did seem to have story threads that did not go anywhere... does anyone know what happened to that list of agents on the stolen disc?????
:brood:
Well, the wherebouts of the disc became totally unimportant, as its contents had been ripped anyway. The point was to prevent further deaths and damage and not to retrieve the useless disc. So all they could do was to try to save all the agents who were still embedded in various terrorist organisations, probably by withdrawing them from their missions and protecting them afterwards.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I brought Total Film magazine for May (which is not for another 2 months but the weather has advanced us this much) today which includes a one page feature for Bond 24. I don't have the equipment to do a mag scan and much of what is said is what we already know. To this end, I won't copy the article word for word (not on all points anyway)... The picture of Daniel is where Bond kills Silva's henchmen on the 'island' in SF - its probably in the 'Holding Gun' picture thread...

1. Just mentions that it has the pre-ordained slot of 23/10/2015 in the UK, 06/11/2015 in USA. Only competition is "Peanuts" movie due out on the same date in the USA. (Is Peanuts Snoopy & Co?)

2. Sam Mendes is directing. D'AH!!Old news!!!

3. John Logan is also due back to write the script which he says will "build on what we did with Skyfall" while bringing "its own unique animal"."The themes characters and ideas can obviously continue - there is resonance from SF in the new movie".

4. Daniel has also offered a few thoughts on how his 4th Bond outing will play. "Hopefully, we'll reclaim some of the old irony and make sure it doesn't become pastiche. I sometimes wished I hammed it up more but I just can't do it very well."

5. Pre production will begin in earnest in April with shooting expected to start in October although Roger Deakins won't be back. With Pinewood busy hosting Star Wars, Eon may have to go elsewhere for the first time since 1995's Goldeneye.

6. Then again, they might look closer to home, namely Ireland. Broccoli and Logan were extremely complimentary during a visit to Dublin last year while shooting "Penny Dreadful" at Ardmore Studios in Wicklow. Japan has also been mooted as a potential location.

7. Japan is where the literary Bond had his first run in with Blofeld who could be due a comeback now Eon's interminable rights to the character have finally been resolved. Logan is keeping schtum merely saying "our villain is appropriate to the story we're telling."

8. So who will play Bond's next nemesis? John Travolta ( :shock: :o ) says he'd be more than happy to accept the part. "They're going a different way with the villain in the next film." says John, claiming Broccoli "loves the idea" of him in the role".

9. Ralph Fiennes will be back as M - and that is all the actor will reveal. "I know nothing!"

10. Ben Whishaw is also due to return as Q though he'd like the gadget guru to have more to do this time. "Obviously, I would just like for him to be in it more. I had a message from Logan telling me some of the things he's looking at and it's really exciting".

11. Rory Kinnear has also had some clues on what the movie may contain. "He gives me snippets but I know things can change between him writing it and the script being signed off."

12. Rumours suggest that Naomie Harris will get a bigger share of the action as Eve Moneypenny and that her character will be more 007's sidekick than Fiennes secretary. "I'm looking forward to coming back".

Amazing how they can construct a whole article with no real NEWS at all..!!
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Thanks for taking the time to share, SDK
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:Thanks for taking the time to share, SDK
From me too. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Herr love affair with him continues :lol:
marketto007 wrote:From today's Press Junket at BOND IN MOTION.

"We'll start filming at the end of the year"

"We'll choose the villain in the next couple of months"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSfP3tjDF4k
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:Herr love affair with him continues :lol:
marketto007 wrote:From today's Press Junket at BOND IN MOTION.

"We'll start filming at the end of the year"

"We'll choose the villain in the next couple of months"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSfP3tjDF4k
Here's another quote from Barbara Broccoli: 'You know, Daniel has really brought Bond into the 21st century. And he’s exposed a lot of Bond’s inner life and I think that’s something that audiences are responding to, and so, you know, we’ll keep pushing Daniel in that direction. He’s just the most fantastic Bond and we absolutely love what he’s doing.'
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But i think, they should be careful withthat. I believe, audiences are ready now for a lighter touch.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:But i think, they should be careful withthat. I believe, audiences are ready now for a lighter touch.
I agree. I think that Bond's "inner life" aspect has already been exploited to a sufficient level, they should try not to expose the brooding or angst too much, otherwise people are likely to "tag" Daniel as the "dark" Bond; Skyfall was a good step towards combining the "dark" and the "light", so I hope the next one will go a bit more in the "lighter" direction, not the grotesque Moore or Brosnan type, of course, but a tad more of a Bondian vibe would be advisable, imo.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Alina wrote:
Germangirl wrote:But i think, they should be careful withthat. I believe, audiences are ready now for a lighter touch.
I agree. I think that Bond's "inner life" aspect has already been exploited to a sufficient level, they should try not to expose the brooding or angst too much, otherwise people are likely to "tag" Daniel as the "dark" Bond; Skyfall was a good step towards combining the "dark" and the "light", so I hope the next one will go a bit more in the "lighter" direction, not the grotesque Moore or Brosnan type, of course, but a tad more of a Bondian vibe would be advisable, imo.
He has hinted that there will be more humour in the next one, I seem to remember?
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Alina wrote:
He has hinted that there will be more humour in the next one, I seem to remember?
Yes, he has :) Not sure if he had already known for sure or he was just expressing his expectations about the next one though.
purple

Post by purple »

Alina wrote:
Ladies I couldn't agree with you more (Alina you took the words right out of my keyboard). No matter how big a fan I am of the dark/gritty side of Bond, I also feel it is time to smooth things a little. I just don't want any elements of the grotesque Moore or Brosnan era (as Alina very aptly put it), no gadgets, none of those cringe worthy puns...Actually with respect to that I think I don't have to worry, SF had a lot of irony but nothing horrid (ok an exception maybe for the circle of life thing wich was not horrid but groan inducing).

With the right type of lines, DC can be truly funny (to some extent he reminds a bit of Cary Grant).

I hope they will stay realistic though with a touch of irony (smth like CR with more irony; I did not think CR was dark).

I also hope they will choose a Bond-woman rather then a Bond-girl (personaly I was very happy when I read those rumours about Penelope Cruz).

There! Can we make a wish list and send to Mrs Broccoli?