The VERY Dry Spell Meeting Point

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:..also, yes, George Sands is one woman, I would have liked to BE...
Yes, she had guts and and a stormy 9-year relationship with Chopin, a Polish composer :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Alina wrote:
Germangirl wrote:..also, yes, George Sands is one woman, I would have liked to BE...
Yes, she had guts and and a stormy 9-year relationship with Chopin, a Polish composer :)
See...that's why :twisted: äBeing talented and strong and not give a damn . my kind of woman
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:
Alina wrote:
See...that's why :twisted: äBeing talented and strong and not give a damn . my kind of woman
I absolutely agree! She was the boss!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Jana66 wrote:...@BTW, Jec,
Eleanor of Aquitaine is a very interesting choice.
I am very interested in that part of European history.
I love her.....she was a truly powerful woman in her own right and earned her power by her choices and her courage. Yes, she was born into nobility and wealth, but it was what she did with it that mattered. She really did have the edge. She was also a patron of the arts and champion of ideas.

She survived imprisonment and threats to her life, ruled both France and England in her time....ruled in Richard l's place while he was abroad. She actually physically went on the 2nd Crusade herself when she was Queen of France. At 67 years old she travelled all the way from England to Germany to barter for Richard 1's life. She lived to 82!

Her life reads like a dozen lives lived to the full. And on top of all of that, she was - according to contemporary sources - incredibly beautiful.

One of my top-ten films of all time......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_i ... 1968_film)
Alina

Post by Alina »

A light-hearted article on current trends in men's and women's swimwear fashion. You know what to expect ;)

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/f ... mpy-trunks

Interesting :)
The recent sales figures, which were provided by Debenhams, showed that while women are increasingly picking larger 1950s high-waisted styles, men are ditching the surfer look in favour of the teeny-tiny look.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Alina wrote:A light-hearted article on current trends in men's and women's swimwear fashion. You know what to expect ;)

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/f ... mpy-trunks

Interesting :)
The recent sales figures, which were provided by Debenhams, showed that while women are increasingly picking larger 1950s high-waisted styles, men are ditching the surfer look in favour of the teeny-tiny look.
Well that was some nice eye candy to wake up to.

I had read the the hottest men's style was style worn by DC in Skyfall. But that doesn't mean it's the one men are buying.
Alina

Post by Alina »

True, but according to the article more and more men are actually buying the DC-style swimming trunks rather then the baggy boarder shorts. Of course not everyone can pull them off, one needs an impeccable body not to look pitiable. And some guys seem to forget about that :) Or maybe they just don't see their own imperfections and the effect is far from satisafactory.

The same refers to the Skyfall style. It doesn't suit every body type. Besides, not everyone feels comfortable in tight suits, even if one has a good body.
Yet, nowadays I see quite a lot of men, especially of the younger generation, wearing those tight suits - they probably go for them to 'look trendy'.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Boahhh... :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Daniel excluded, if he had a British accent, this man would have made the perfect Bond IMO. I used to always check out covers of magazines at the grocery store with the hop of seeing a new photo.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/16/t ... hpt=ac_mid
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

If Daniel is still stateside, then there's a reasonable chance that he might go and watch his beloved Liverpool fc play Roma at Fenway Park tonight.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I think he digged himself a cave and vanished into it :evil:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:I think he digged himself a cave and vanished into it :evil:
It does look that way doesn't it?
We'll have to get our caving gear on and dig him out. :twisted:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Well, talk about desperate...

I got all excited when a google alert popped up with the tag words Daniel Craig Commomwealth games opening.....

Bäääh, just a reference to the opening of the Olympics...

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

It's getting rough isn't it? Was it this bad before? Oh well.... there's not much we can do about it and nobody ever said that loving Daniel was going to be easy. :dunno: Speaking for myself, his absence does NOT diminish my love for him. I'm as smitten as I ever was! :blush: I think he's always worth the wait.
bubita

Post by bubita »

Dear mister Craig.
Please show your delicious self soon or you´ll be left with no more than 10 fans who whould have survive this dry dry... dry days.
Plus the fact that you´ll have half the population on earth to see the next Bond movie therefore, half the earnings.
I know you´re not interested in money but for f**k sake there´re lifes at risk here!!!
We don´t ask much! just a polite "Hello" would do.

Your sincerely.
Bubita.