JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Count 'em: A record 5 Chicago shows are headed to Broadway this season
Secondly, there’s “A Steady Rain,” the Keith Huff play about a day in the life of two Chicago cops that premiered at Chicago Dramatists and later played in the Royal George Theatre Cabaret. This show, a consummate Chicago creation, didn’t go east with the original cast, but Randy Steinmeyer and Peter DeFaria can at least feel comfortable that it took Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman to push them out. This show is likely to change a great deal before New York. I can’t wait to see what new director John Crowley plans to do with the piece. I suspect it will no longer merely be lights up and lights down on two guys behind a desk.

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... adway.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Here are some of the new twits Penelope mentioned - so appearently there has been a showing already - FOR FREE :shock:

· EdnaB Just saw Steady Rain with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig I recommend it to anyone! Awesome show and the 2 of them are so sexy! about 3 hours ago from TwitterBerry

· erinbridget Just saw A Steady Rain with Hugh Jackman + Daniel Craig for free through work. I love my job. And Hugh's muscles. Incredible show. about 3 hours ago from web

· graykuglen While at intermission of Billy Elliot, saw Hugh Jackman AND Daniel Craig coming out of rehearsal across the street.

· jaredeng Watching Daniel Craig and @RealHughJackman in their new play "A Steady Rain. So excited!!! about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter

· NathanEVernon At the final dress for A Steady Rain with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig about 6 hours ago from Tweetie

· JasonLocations Going to the dress rehearsal of "Steady Rain" w Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman.. VIP. I'm sitting in front of Bobby Flay....! about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon

· JasonLocations Going to the dress rehearsal of "Steady Rain" w Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman.. VIP with Fred Zollo about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon

. R_U_Following @vagelisv hehe.. 1. meet daniel craig. 2 meet daniel craig and 3. meet daniel craig ;P Lol a

. cshope yummy! "A Steady Rain" with Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman ... i would be ok if it were a silent play. :lol: :lol:

. R_U_Following @vagelisv MY definition of a man.. Hard to put in words.. Daniel Craig has got the whooole package :) So there you go! ;)

. NewYorkCitizen Saw Daniel Craig two days ago on the street - WOW - gorgeous hunk. BTW - I actually looked out for the bodyguards - none to see.
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Just coughed through my breakfast toast at the new pic! :shock:

Lordie he looks soooo fine! Greg Williams always seems to get him just right. He looks wonderful, so fit.

And nice to know that Daniel's quirky path led him to snitch some roles from Hollywood actors in the past. :wink:

"I don't even know if I've told you this," Jackman says, turning to face his co-star. "But remember that movie where you played Ted Hughes (2003's Sylvia, in which Craig appeared as the English poet opposite Gwyneth Paltrow's Sylvia Plath)? I really wanted to do it. I met with the director. That's the first time I heard your name, and I attached it to — well, some swear word that I won't say now. But then I watched your performance, and I was like, touché. You were great."

:D :D :D :D
Penelope

Post by Penelope »

It was the final dress rehearsal and it's customary for friends and family and people from the Broadway community to be invited.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Penelope wrote:It was the final dress rehearsal and it's customary for friends and family and people from the Broadway community to be invited.
Can´t be - This forum should have gotten an invitation then. :evil:

:lol: :lol: BTW - if you like - introduce yourself here
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=12
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Reviews - member and critics please here
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... d2679fc40c

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nice way to put it for a change..

First Press Shots of Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman in A Steady Rain Released
Actor’s Look Tough, A Steady Rain Will Rock

This photo is one of the first press shots of the two A Steady Rain stars, Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman.
Craigs piercing blue eyes say James Bond, but the handlebar moustache is the give away that his character in A Steady Rain is coming to life, and with fellow movie star Hugh Jackman looking ready for a throw down, this show is gonna be awesome!
Photo: Greg Williams
http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/broadwa ... a51ce51f1d

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

It really start now :D Thanks for the articles. Really exciting!
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Thanks for posting all the comments/reviews! I'm getting more and more excited :D :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Thank you all for all these infos!And the pic is nice! :D
I'm also very excited! :D
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I'm excited too - even though I'm going to get nowhere near seeing them on stage :(

Can't wait to read reviews, etc :D
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

And nice to know that Daniel's quirky path led him to snitch some roles from Hollywood actors in the past. :wink:

"I don't even know if I've told you this," Jackman says, turning to face his co-star. "But remember that movie where you played Ted Hughes (2003's Sylvia, in which Craig appeared as the English poet opposite Gwyneth Paltrow's Sylvia Plath)? I really wanted to do it. I met with the director. That's the first time I heard your name, and I attached it to — well, some swear word that I won't say now. But then I watched your performance, and I was like, touché. You were great."

:D :D :D :D[/quote]

Yeah, and Hugh even has the height edge.

I am really looking forward to seeing both of them, actually. Hugh for the theatre/acting stuff, and Daniel for the same plus visuals :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Best article so far with lots of additional stuff

Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig Talk 'A STEADY RAIN' to USA Today

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Hu ... y_20090910

"Keith Huff's torch song of a 90-minute play tells the story of a relationship of almost biblical intensity, and one riddled with love, loyalty, guilt, shame, and a primal inevitability. Huff provides fiery, superbly rendered, often deeply poetic speeches, enough mood shifts, enough emotional cataclysms and action-packed storytelling to keep this hallucinatory roller-coaster ride in motion. I would happy see this production again with an audience of real men in blue, just to take the temperature in the room."
- Hedy Weiss, Chicago Sun-Times

"Keith Huff's crackerjack two-hander is like a snowball that builds to an avalanche with genuine dramatic power and a sense of true tragedy. The adroit character development combined with a billowing narrative delivers rattling emotional crescendos."
- Steven Oxman, Variety

For once, they get him right, too

Daniel Craig (Joey) A highly accomplished stage actor, Daniel's theatre credits include leading roles in Hurlyburly with the Peter Hall Company at the Old Vic, Angels in America at The National Theatre, and A Number at The Royal Court Theatre.

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Tickets related:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/St ... N_20090910

Hugh related:

http://twitter.com/Mark_in_russia

Mark_in_russia WOW!Hugh Jackman Dressed rehersal "A Steady Rain" pix http://hughjackmania.ru/publ/14-1-0-802
about 2 hours ago from web
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Nice pic, why always Hugh,....grrr