JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

sf2la wrote:My ex-husband was a San Francisco Police Department 'detective' (they call them Inspectors) when we met. When undercover he would dress like Hugh. When in the office he wore all Brooks Brothers suits and dress clothes. Not Armani, but not cheap department store stuff. No suspenders and no mustache. We met in 1985. Not all cops fit the stereotype that's on TV. Particularly not the single ones. I guess that's why I don't think Daniel's clothes and hair are necessary. I think it's okay because certainly some cops look(ed) like that but a lot don't. There is a wide latitude for dress and hair.
Ohhhhhh, thanks for this about police...for real.
:oops: :oops: :oops: The only cops I know and remember are Sonny und Tubbs from MV, sorry for mention this old things.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:My ex-husband was a San Francisco Police Department 'detective' (they call them Inspectors) when we met. When undercover he would dress like Hugh. When in the office he wore all Brooks Brothers suits and dress clothes. Not Armani, but not cheap department store stuff. No suspenders and no mustache. We met in 1985. Not all cops fit the stereotype that's on TV. Particularly not the single ones. I guess that's why I don't think Daniel's clothes and hair are necessary. I think it's okay because certainly some cops look(ed) like that but a lot don't. There is a wide latitude for dress and hair.
When he did "A Number" he played 3 different guys while looking the same - that shows, he can BE different people without changing his appearence.
So - why did he do it then? I feel, its partly because it fits the role but also to get away from Bond on that stage. He isn´t much more to the people particularly in the US, yet and I think, its important for him to make that point. He thinks in a different way than Hugh - he wants to take their minds off Bond and that can best be done, when NOT looking like Bond. I am also almost sure, he wanted to get away from showcasing any flesh, even though many would want exactly that. He wants to succeed through acting - and we know, how stubborn he can be.
From the reviews so far, he gets his will - maybe loosing a fan or two on the way, but since when did he ever care about that? Just shows, he makes a career doing what he wants or none at all.

I hear you though, sf2la :sad: - fingers crossed the closeup will make up a bit for the clothes.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Do theater critics wait until a play opens before they publish reviews? We have to wait until September 29 for reviews by theater critics?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:Do theater critics wait until a play opens before they publish reviews? We have to wait until September 29 for reviews by theater critics?
I think so, yes - because this might not be the final version - they still play around with it a bit.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
cornell01 wrote:Do theater critics wait until a play opens before they publish reviews? We have to wait until September 29 for reviews by theater critics?
I think so, yes - because this might not be the final version - they still play around with it a bit.
si, this is for the "fine tuning' where they hear feedback and sometime from audience too. some plays have the q & a afterwards with actors.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
si, this is for the "fine tuning' where they hear feedback and sometime from audience too. some plays have the q & a afterwards with actors.
That was what sf2la was hoping for. :(

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote: I think so, yes - because this might not be the final version - they still play around with it a bit.
That was what sf2la was hoping for. :(
yes, i think the q and the a are from barbara, frank and the rest as well as family and friends not people who are not connected to play.
which it should be so. audience feedback is very important.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Broadway Action Heroes

Published: September 9, 2009

TO paraphrase a line from the movie “Stand by Me,” could James Bond beat up Wolverine? Or would the “X-Men” mutant’s metal claws dice 007’s Brioni suits faster than he could say “shaken, not stirred”?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/theat ... .html?_r=1

This seems to be a real cool article :D

I like this:
fter reading “A Steady Rain,” Mr. Craig said he knew he wanted to do the play and also knew that, rather than playing the flashier alpha-male role of Denny, he wanted the role of his best friend and fellow cop, Joey, an emotionally damaged, romantically wary, recovering alcoholic Irish-American.

“There is layer after layer after layer to this guy,” Mr. Craig said. “He is quite far from the perfect-in-every-way hero.”
Also this, which just confirms, it was NOT DC, who wanted a secret location
Mr. Crowley did note, however, that he chose to rehearse the play on a film lot in Brooklyn to escape “any potential hoopla from the guys’ fans.”
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Thanks,GG! :D There's a new and very nice photo,too.With different clothes may I add! :lol:
He wants to succeed through acting - and we know, how stubborn he can be.From the reviews so far, he gets his will - maybe loosing a fan or two on the way, but since when did he ever care about that? Just shows, he makes a career doing what he wants or none at all.
Isn't that admirable?And it's good that all this looks like it panned out.
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Indeed a very good article, GG, thanks for finding and posting! :D :D

And the quote with the layers of Joey is so appropriate to Daniel! It's just the kind of role he LOVES!
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

And another reference that the show was originally going to be in London!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Miss-Meow wrote:And another reference that the show was originally going to be in London!!
Yep, Hugh screwed up those plans. Hugh's better than I thought!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But sorry for you Europeans, but then you get to live in Europe, which is better. And HE lives there closer to you.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Miss-Meow wrote:And another reference that the show was originally going to be in London!!
So it would be a little bit easier for some of us to "take part" :cry: .
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

sf2la wrote:
Yep, Hugh screwed up those plans. Hugh's better than I thought!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But sorry for you Europeans, but then you get to live in Europe, which is better. And HE lives there closer to you.
Yeeeah :D :D :D :D .
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Jana66 wrote:
So it would be a little bit easier for some of us to "take part" :cry: .
Very true, Jana. I could have managed to get to London to see the show - shame it was moved :(
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")