Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Oh dear...

Kerry Norton ‏@ImKerryNorton 15m
Saw #Betrayal last night on Broadway. Not much 2 rave about, we were a bit bored. #RafeSpall was excellent otherwise all a bit vapid.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

KenderTheater @KenderTheater 11h
Broadway revival of Pinter's #Betrayal with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz is a credible production of a decent play. Great set changes.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Oh dear...

Saw #Betrayal last night on Broadway. Not much 2 rave about, we were a bit bored. #RafeSpall was excellent otherwise all a bit vapid.
Well, with the press and the stars there not the best moment to NOT be great. Guess, I better take some sleeping pills next sunday :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Oh dear...

Well, with the press and the stars there not the best moment to NOT be great. Guess, I better take some sleeping pills next sunday :twisted:
Yep, some vallium to steady the nerves! :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Or a strong drink,. I am off on Monday. :twisted: I suppose, there will be reason to drink - either way.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From Baz, who is quite important and not always gentle AND - its great :D From the star studded Wednesday night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... paign=1490

The play, as directed by Mike Nichols, sizzles with a passion that’s rarely revealed in other versions I’ve seen.

. Craig and Weisz are already top-billed stars, and by the end of Betrayal’s 14-week run, I predict Spall will be just as hot. The three of them are sublime.

My measure for revivals is: are they fresh? Do they reveal things I hadn’t seen before? And do they feel alive? The answer to all three in this case is a resounding yes!

A lot of this is down to Nichols, who reveals new layers to a play I thought I knew intimately. ‘We explored every word, full stop and comma of the text,’ Spall said.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Wow, great from Baz!
I agree they should film it! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nice thing to say

Shane&Timothy Spall ‏@pastafa 39m

And what a beauty! Rachel Weisz is a sparkling gem alongside Daniel Craig and Rafe Spall in Betrayal http://dailym.ai/1fZ9mWo via @MailOnline

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

jessie marie alberto ‏@jessiealberto 4h
harold pinter's betrayal brought to life again at the barrymore with daniel craig and rachel weisz. SO. DAMN. GOOD.

Jeffrey Miele ‏@jffmiele 3h
@BrucesBroadway I loved it, but this was the first time I ever saw it... I'm anxious to hear what you think

He's the critic from Broadway world. I wonder how many critics out there Have never seen the play before and how much influence others who know the play well have on them.
Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote: He's the critic from Broadway world. I wonder how many critics out there Have never seen the play before and how much influence others who know the play well have on them.
Well, that's the problem with those critics. They should be able to trust their own judgement and not be influenced by others - that's so unprofessional. A critic shouldn't listen to other critics' opinions, but present his own, independent and unbiased review. It's us, the general public, who may rely on their opinion, but of course we don't have to.
Critics are not some "oracles", they are just ordinary people who can be biased, have a bad day, different tastes, etc.
Of course "the industry" reads all those reviews, so it's always better if they are favourable, but who to trust if reviews differ, for example? On critic will enthuse over a play and another one will "rubbish" it. I'm speaking generally, not just about Betrayal.
I'm sure Betrayal is awesome and so are the actors' performances. I don't know Rafe, haven't seen him in anything, but he must be good if he was chosen for the part. Daniel and Rachel are always very good. I've never seen Daniel play badly, even though some of the scripts may have been, well, not too inspiring :wink:
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Tobin Addington ‏@tobinaddington 24 Oct
@koreyo19
Great! Weisz is electric. Spall funny. And Craig is considerably more nimble an actor than his Bond would lead you to believe.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

CH Interior Design @ChristinaHaire 7m
Betrayal. Great play in NYC Daniel Craig Rachel weiss. Harold Pinter Mike Nichols. Super.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Bruce Bossard ‏@BrucesBroadway 13m

Seeing #Betrayal with #DanielCraig and #RachelWeisz directed by #MikeNichols
from New York, NY
Bruce Bossard ‏@BrucesBroadway 15h

@Jffmiele seeing it tomorrow by myself. One of my favorite plays. This better be a good production cuz I will know!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sharon Balestra ‏@stylishsatirist 5m

On the train heading to NYC to see "Betrayal" with Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Rafe Spall. Anticipating a fun time will be had by all.

Ian Knowles ‏@ianknowle5 11m
Looking forward to seeing @Danielcraig, @rachelweiszorig and @rafespall in 'Betrayal' on Broadway on Tuesday - a birthday treat!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Alina wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: He's the critic from Broadway world. I wonder how many critics out there Have never seen the play before and how much influence others who know the play well have on them.
Well, that's the problem with those critics. They should be able to trust their own judgement and not be influenced by others - that's so unprofessional. A critic shouldn't listen to other critics' opinions, but present his own, independent and unbiased review. It's us, the general public, who may rely on their opinion, but of course we don't have to.
Critics are not some "oracles", they are just ordinary people who can be biased, have a bad day, different tastes, etc.
Of course "the industry" reads all those reviews, so it's always better if they are favourable, but who to trust if reviews differ, for example? On critic will enthuse over a play and another one will "rubbish" it. I'm speaking generally, not just about Betrayal.
I'm sure Betrayal is awesome and so are the actors' performances. I don't know Rafe, haven't seen him in anything, but he must be good if he was chosen for the part. Daniel and Rachel are always very good. I've never seen Daniel play badly, even though some of the scripts may have been, well, not too inspiring :wink:
Well - we will be able to go deeper into tihs once we read the reviews, but personally, I am with you.