SPOILERS: 'Bond 22' Climactic Scenes Revealed?

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Mimi_kitty

Post by Mimi_kitty »

Found on Commanderbond.net

Some filming to reportedly take place this Thursday

Written by Matt Weston on 13 Aug, 2007

Times Online today carries a lengthy story - and a huge scoop, if true - about Bond 22’s climactic scenes.

The site relays a report from Italian newspaper Il Giornale, which claims the next James Bond outing will reach its climax during the centuries-old bareback horse race of Palio in the Tuscan town of Siena. Bond 22’s climax reportedly sees 007 pursuing the film’s villain down narrow cobbled streets, then across the town’s rooftops and through its medievil aqueducts as the horses charge around the Piazza del Campo.

Palio di Siena is held twice yearly, once on 2 July and the second time on 16 August - this coming Thursday. Some filming for Bond 22 will reportedly take place on Thursday, however shots involving actors will be inserted later. A total of 14 cameras - but no helicopters - will be placed strategically around the arena.

The town council reportedly approved the request to film there, so long as the filmmakers agreed to “strict conditions” that they treat the traditional race with “full respect”. However, animal rights activists are protesting the inclusion of the race - in which some 50 horses have been killed, and many others injured, since 1970 - in the film. Accordingly, the filmmakers are banned from showing any violence “involving either people or animals” that may take place during filming.

Eleonora di Giuseppe of the Italian Federation of Equestrian Sport told Times Online that the “horses [in the Palio] are exposed to unacceptable risks” and that featuring them in a James Bond film would only serve to glamorise the event.

The race is a large part of Sienese culture and dates back to the 11th century.

To read the whole article, visit Times Online. For more information about the Palio di Siena, please visit the authorised Il Palio website.
Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
zonzi

Re: SPOILERS: 'Bond 22' Climactic Scenes Revealed?

Post by zonzi »

Mimi_kitty wrote:Found on Commanderbond.net

Some filming to reportedly take place this Thursday

Written by Matt Weston on 13 Aug, 2007

Times Online today carries a lengthy story - and a huge scoop, if true - about Bond 22’s climactic scenes.

The site relays a report from Italian newspaper Il Giornale, which claims the next James Bond outing will reach its climax during the centuries-old bareback horse race of Palio in the Tuscan town of Siena. Bond 22’s climax reportedly sees 007 pursuing the film’s villain down narrow cobbled streets, then across the town’s rooftops and through its medievil aqueducts as the horses charge around the Piazza del Campo.

Palio di Siena is held twice yearly, once on 2 July and the second time on 16 August - this coming Thursday. Some filming for Bond 22 will reportedly take place on Thursday, however shots involving actors will be inserted later. A total of 14 cameras - but no helicopters - will be placed strategically around the arena.

The town council reportedly approved the request to film there, so long as the filmmakers agreed to “strict conditions” that they treat the traditional race with “full respect”. However, animal rights activists are protesting the inclusion of the race - in which some 50 horses have been killed, and many others injured, since 1970 - in the film. Accordingly, the filmmakers are banned from showing any violence “involving either people or animals” that may take place during filming.

Eleonora di Giuseppe of the Italian Federation of Equestrian Sport told Times Online that the “horses [in the Palio] are exposed to unacceptable risks” and that featuring them in a James Bond film would only serve to glamorise the event.

The race is a large part of Sienese culture and dates back to the 11th century.

To read the whole article, visit Times Online. For more information about the Palio di Siena, please visit the authorised Il Palio website.

Oh yes, Mimi Kitty I heard it on the news earlier, Daniel is reported to be in Siena in August 16th !!!

I wish I could be there , I live in the south !!! SIGH
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

My parents were in Siena a couple of years ago, but not at the time of the Palio. Beautiful city, can't wait to watch him run through the streets :o
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

bond 22 rumored storyline was to have bond chasing drug trafficers in rome and london

i still hoping for beach water scene on the isle of capri :twisted:

dark red bathing suit :twisted: 8)
Samuel Adams :
Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life; secondly, to liberty; thirdly to property; together with the right to support and defend them in the best manner they can.
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

I wonder if Daniel will be there himself - at least the Italian original reports (Il Giornale, it seems?) never mention Daniel actually being there, just stuff about JB crew and that they'll be filming there and this activity might continue until the end of the year!! Also, is not the premiere of Invasion the next day (Aug. 17) in LA?

Zonzi, I think you might safely stay home this week :wink: But be prepared to travel to Siena at a moments notice sometime later! I actually know someone who lives in Siena, have remember to ask her if she has heard rumours/seen anything of interest...

Agrippina
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

agrippina wrote:I wonder if Daniel will be there himself - at least the Italian original reports (Il Giornale, it seems?) never mention Daniel actually being there, just stuff about JB crew and that they'll be filming there and this activity might continue until the end of the year!! Also, is not the premiere of Invasion the next day (Aug. 17) in LA?

Zonzi, I think you might safely stay home this week :wink: But be prepared to travel to Siena at a moments notice sometime later! I actually know someone who lives in Siena, have remember to ask her if she has heard rumours/seen anything of interest...

Agrippina

Hey Agrippina,

ciao, buon giorno, *cries* *cries* , non sai quanto sto male, vorrei andare a Siena per vedere il nostro Daniel, non è giustooooooooooooooooo, SIGH , mi sento così impotente , perké , l'avessi saputo prima, comunque dice che è sicuro che giorno 16 Daniel sarà lì , l'ambientazione è quella medievale del Palio, who knows !!!!

Comunque, sto male lo stesso

:( :( :(

Grazie mille per le tue risposte :D

Zonzi :)