News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Lu

Post by Lu »

Cyanaurora wrote:If DC was brushing past me I would stick out my ample chest so he could rub against it!
Bwah ha ha ha...me too. I would be sticking out everything to get it rubbed up on. :twisted:
My books!

advicky

Post by advicky »

The other woman on Bond’s arm

Although he is in a long-term relationship with Satsuki Mitchell, the American film producer, Daniel Craig will be taking another woman to the glittering “Tribute to Ian Fleming“ at the London Palladium on Oct 5.

There is, alas, no scandal: it’s his mother, Olivia. Hopefully, the doughty former schoolteacher will be able to keep some order among the host of big names attending, including the former 007 Sir Roger Moore and Bond baddies such as Christopher Lee and Toby Stephens.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... iends.html
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

advicky wrote:The other woman on Bond’s arm

Although he is in a long-term relationship with Satsuki Mitchell, the American film producer, Daniel Craig will be taking another woman to the glittering “Tribute to Ian Fleming“ at the London Palladium on Oct 5.

There is, alas, no scandal: it’s his mother, Olivia. Hopefully, the doughty former schoolteacher will be able to keep some order among the host of big names attending, including the former 007 Sir Roger Moore and Bond baddies such as Christopher Lee and Toby Stephens.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... iends.html
They were hoping he Daniel would show up!!! Good for them.

Lucky for those near London!

To Uncle Ian, from Lucy with love...

Lucy Fleming joked she has been feeling 'very stirred and a lot shaken' while organising a tribute to her uncle, James Bond creator Ian Fleming.

The actress has put life and her lover (actor Simon Williams) on hold for weeks while arranging a special event at the London Palladium on October 5, marking what will be the final event in the celebrated author's centenary year.

The evening will also raise funds for the British Heart Foundation.

Lucy said she's spent much of the time ringing friends such as Stephen Fry and Joanna Lumley who will help to present the evening.

Highlights include an exclusive clip from the latest Bond film, Quantum Of Solace and appearances by Judi Dench, Samantha Bond, Roger Moore, Toby Stephens and Rosamund Pike, who have, of course, all been in Bond pictures.

Mica Paris, Ruby Turner, Sharon D. Clarke and Tony Hadley will be among those singing theme songs, while David Gilmore will sing Hush-a-bye Mountain from the musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the children's novel which Fleming wrote.

Lucy was hoping current Bond Daniel Craig ('he has to be one of the fittest Bonds ever') might make a brief appearance. Tickets are from £25. Call See Tickets 0844 412 4657 or visit www.seetickets.com.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -more.html

Another Promo!

Sunday 5 October 2008
London Palladium Theatre
7.30pm
In Aid of the British Heart Foundation

The Ian Fleming Centenary presents The Story of James Bond – A Tribute to Ian Fleming, at the London Palladium Theatre on Sunday 5 October 2008. Arranged for the family by Ian Fleming’s niece, Lucy Fleming this unique and glamorous evening will mark the final event in the Ian Fleming Centenary year.

The evening will be presented by Joanna Lumley and Stephen Fry, and stars from the worlds of film and theatre will revel in everything Bond: the villains, the cars, the guns, the gadgets and of course… the girls. A 60-piece orchestra will accompany some of the biggest names in music as they perform their favourite Bond themes, whilst actors and celebrities bring Fleming’s words to life, including material never heard before.

A sneak preview clip from the new film, Quantum of Solace, along with other surprises will cap off an unmissable night: the grand finale to Ian Fleming’s centenary year, and a show with a license to thrill…and amuse.

The evening will star Samantha Bond, Christopher Cazenove, Sharon D.Clarke, Shirley Eaton, Sebastian Faulks, Dave Gilmour, Eunice Gayson, Tony Hadley, Kit Hesketh-Harvey, Charlie Higson, Laura Michelle Kelly, Beverley Knight, Jeremy Irons, Lemar, Lee Mead, Roger Moore, Mica Paris, Rosamund Pike, Joely Richardson, Ruby Turner, Toby Stephens, Patrick Stewart, David Suchet, Issy van Randwyck, Harriet Walter * and more to be announced shortly. With appearances from Classic Bond girls, the support of The Broccoli family, John Barry and David Arnold this will be an extraordinary one-off performance.

Ticket prices start at £25 and can be purchased from See Tickets. Tel. 0844 4124657.
http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp ... iller1=see

VIP Hospitality packages can be obtained from Mark Butler Associates. Tel: 020 7603 6033
www.markbutler.co.uk

* All artists subject to availability
http://www.ianflemingcentre.com/ShowEvent.aspx?ID=10
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
redluna

Post by redluna »

The man with the golden touch

He turned Gucci from a dying fashion house into a billion-dollar brand, the mega-rich love his own label and Daniel Craig has asked him to dress 007. How does Tom Ford pull it off? Hadley Freeman asks him

How long should you wait before asking if someone's had Botox? This was just one of several questions that crossed my mind when menswear designer Tom Ford, 47, very handsome if suspiciously unlined of face, arrived for lunch in Beverly Hills on a bright Monday afternoon. (Other mental queries included, were those glinting chest hairs, visible thanks to the almost half-unbuttoned shirt, specially oiled for this occasion?) It felt a little intrusive to ask a man about his medical procedures before he'd even had his iced tea. So I waited until he finished his drink.

"I haven't had any plastic surgery - despite what people think, this is my nose," Ford replied, as smooth as his face. "I have had Restylane and Botox, but I don't think of that as plastic surgery any more. It's true I can't really frown, but I can move my eyebrows, so..."

As well as designing and expanding his eponymous menswear line and getting ready for his first foray into film directing, Ford has been busy this year designing suits for Daniel Craig in the soon-to-be-released James Bond film Quantum Of Solace. But all this multitasking has not muted the man. During the 90s, when Ford rescued Gucci - shepherding it from near bankruptcy when he arrived in 1994 to fashion monolith status, with annual sales of more than $3bn, when he left 10 years later - he was credited with, as one fashion critic put it, "bringing sex back". His overtly sexy clothes - LBDs and tight trousers for all aspiring Linda Fiorentinos - brought blatant, confident sexuality back after an era dominated by grunge.

Ford, who has been with his partner, former fashion editor Richard Buckley, for 23 years, revelled in his role as the King of Sex, obliging journalists with deliberately provocative comments and commissioning an infamous ad that featured a model's pubic hair shaved into the Gucci logo.

A decade on, he has moved away from the high-octane glamour he brought to Gucci and later Yves Saint Laurent (for four years he designed for both, making him arguably the most powerful designer in the world). Instead, his own menswear line, which he started in 2006, is classic and more mature. He has rejected the fashion merry-go-round and trend-chasing that may have left him briefly "burned out" but also made him very wealthy (when he left Gucci and YSL in 2004 he allegedly had £90m). If a man wants to know how it feels to wear, and buy, couture, he can now go to Tom Ford: this is a label where five-figure price tags are the norm. Yet Ford is a far cry from a traditional Savile Row tailor. He has multiple homes in multiple countries; he hangs out with "lots of actors you'd have heard of", and he is still happy talking about sex, even if he does claim he is "much less overt than I was". "Honestly," he insists at one point, "I never set out to make anything sexy." At this point he had to apologise for eyeing me up - "Sorry, I keep looking at your body because I like how people's bodies look".

If ever there were a designer made to make suits for James Bond, it is surely Ford. Hell, the man even looks like Bond. He first met Daniel Craig through artist Sam Taylor-Wood, "who's a good friend" (this phrase comes up a lot), "at a party" (as does this). Craig then asked him to make his suits for Quantum Of Solace. "A lot of people think if you wear classic clothes you're dull. Bond dresses that way, but he does not lead a dull life - not sexually and not in his career," Ford says, with delightful understatement. "And with Daniel, you have someone who looks classic but leads a very exciting life."...

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... 27/fashion
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

redluna wrote:

If ever there were a designer made to make suits for James Bond, it is surely Ford. Hell, the man even looks like Bond. He first met Daniel Craig through artist Sam Taylor-Wood, "who's a good friend" (this phrase comes up a lot), "at a party" (as does this). Craig then asked him to make his suits for Quantum Of Solace. "A lot of people think if you wear classic clothes you're dull. Bond dresses that way, but he does not lead a dull life - not sexually and not in his career," Ford says, with delightful understatement. "And with Daniel, you have someone who looks classic but leads a very exciting life."...

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/sep
/27/fashion
I read where Sam Taylor-Wood had recently divorced.
redluna

Post by redluna »

JoniJoni wrote:
redluna wrote:

/27/fashion
Read that too.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

redluna wrote:
JoniJoni wrote:
redluna wrote:

/27/fashion
Read that too.
Me too: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,14 ... orce,46061

and all this just good six month after the christening of their daughter :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
redluna wrote:
JoniJoni wrote: I read where Sam Taylor-Wood had recently divorced.
Read that too.

And isn't she in remission for her second round of breast cancer?
Crazy!
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2006/apr/16/2

It reads it was colon cancer and then breast cancer. She is very brave and candid toward her illnesses.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Dunda wrote:
redluna wrote: Read that too.

Not exactly, she first was diagnosed with colon cancer when she was 29 and after beating it, she got breast cancer at the age of 33. Chemotherapy, mastectomy, breast reconstruction and than after five years she got the "ok" for her second daughter, which was christened last year.

This is indeed a very strong woman and I wish her all the best.

Have you read the interview/article "Shoot to thrill" in the style-magazine issue of March 2008, about her work on set of Foaf? Interesting read I must say. When I remember it right, it's in the gallery.
It the one with the f****** hot pic of Daniels back and the pic where he lollops on the couch

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Dunda wrote: Me too: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,14 ... orce,46061

Not exactly, she first was diagnosed with colon cancer when she was 29 and after beating it, she got breast cancer at the age of 33. Chemotherapy, mastectomy, breast reconstruction and than after five years she got the "ok" for her second daughter, which was christened last year.

This is indeed a very strong woman and I wish her all the best.

Have you read the interview/article "Shoot to thrill" in the style-magazine issue of March 2008, about her work on set of Foaf? Interesting read I must say. When I remember it right, it's in the gallery.
It the one with the f****** hot pic of Daniels back and the pic where he lollops on the couch
Thanks for the lead, I have not read it. But the gallery is still down, will try and remember.
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JoniJoni wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2006/apr/16/2

It reads it was colon cancer and then breast cancer. She is very brave and candid toward her illnesses.
JJ, thanks for this.

Very strong and woman.

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

What's 'sa matter you? :shock:

Gemma Arterton didn’t like getting massaged by Daniel Craig
September 27th, 2008 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS -
London, Sep 27

British actress Gemma Arterton has revealed that she had a very unpleasant time when James Bond star Daniel Craig rubbed oil on her back in a scene for the latest Bond movie “Quantum of Solace”.According to thesun.co.uk, 22-year-old Gemma stars as agent Field and got a sensual massage for a scene in the movie.

Gemma said: “I couldn’t move, I couldn’t see, I couldn’t breathe properly. I couldn’t even hear because all the oil went in my ears. It was pretty unpleasant but hopefully it will be an iconic part of the film.”

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/ent ... 00755.html
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Liverpool Rules wrote:What's 'sa matter you? :shock:

Gemma Arterton didn’t like getting massaged by Daniel Craig
September 27th, 2008 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS -
London, Sep 27

British actress Gemma Arterton has revealed that she had a very unpleasant time when James Bond star Daniel Craig rubbed oil on her back in a scene for the latest Bond movie “Quantum of Solace”.According to thesun.co.uk, 22-year-old Gemma stars as agent Field and got a sensual massage for a scene in the movie.

Gemma said: “I couldn’t move, I couldn’t see, I couldn’t breathe properly. I couldn’t even hear because all the oil went in my ears. It was pretty unpleasant but hopefully it will be an iconic part of the film.”

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/ent ... 00755.html

She didn't like WHAT???? :shock: How stupid is that ?? :shock:

I think, she really didn't deserve him!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't believe that she has said that! :lol: :lol:

It's the SUN reporting this.

According to the pic of the German Magazine TV-digital (Redluna has posted the article in the mag-scan thread) Agent Fields is murdered by covering her whole body with oil........ (homage to Goldfinger :wink: ) after her sexscene with THE MAN, so I suppose she said that she unconforable with that...