News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sasha

Post by sasha »

caramel wrote:
sasha wrote:I'm sorry, but do you remember the tale about Herostratus? He was the man who was burned with desire to be famous and decided to bern Temple of Artemis in ancient Greece to achieve it. He thought that nobody will remember the names of masters who build it, but everybody will remember the name of the man who destroyed it. He put the beautiful Temple on fire and the authorities forbid everybody to say his name under the penalty of death, but they failed. Herostratus was right his name is still known and classic.

I'm telling this just to say that there is no bad publicity, and for the Kardashians any fame is great, even the one based on shame. Brood's Mother will milk DC's quote fully, and pray for him nightly.
Look at us. Would we speak about Kardashians for the week otherwise? We all know that they are the trash, but they never been the subject of discussion before. How many people around the world, who never heard about Kardashians, went online to check their name? DC made his worldwide known name vehicle for Kardashians' popularity.

DC said the right thing, but I'm not sure if it was the wise one.
Sorry but I disagree.
The Ks don't need DC to be any more notorious. If not this then something else will be used for keeping their position in the spotlight. They will survive on anything that comes their way. I couldn't care less about them. I would worry only if DC is sullied in any way and I don't see that.

Here I don't see any harm done in DC having said what he did. He has not involved himself further. The best thing that has happened unintentionally is the way the public has responded positively to his words and he has gotten more respect for what he did. IMO the rest, that includes the Ks using this topic to thrive, is irrelevant at this point.
I think DC and his team is wise enough to handle these kind of situations.
Caramel, I don't like Kardashians, and I agree with DC. But Kardashians are only one of the poisonous fruits of the poisonous tree. If DC or anybody else wants to bring a change, they should deal with the roots. To complain about the bitter taste of the fruit won't help. And to pick on their behavior without thinking of main cause, just undermines the statement and makes it look like he directly compares his values to theirs.
I just think that DC didn't realized the scale of noise it will produce.
I hope Ks will drop it.
sasha

Post by sasha »

khenton wrote:So. A. The kardasians are fans of ancient Greek history who'da thunk that ?!?!?!?!

And b. hugh is an Australian. But what the hey they're all one big happy family on that side of the pond

No offense just me being silly

Still reeling from the thought of reality intellectuals. Hey sasha. Let's start our own tv show. Toga. Toga. Toga. :wink: K
:lol: :lol: So funny, yeh, toga, kilt, anything that does't involve pants.
Don't know how Kardashians mixed up with ancient Greece :?
tampa

Post by tampa »

sasha wrote:
caramel wrote:
sasha wrote:I'm sorry, but do you remember the tale about Herostratus? He was the man who was burned with desire to be famous and decided to bern Temple of Artemis in ancient Greece to achieve it. He thought that nobody will remember the names of masters who build it, but everybody will remember the name of the man who destroyed it. He put the beautiful Temple on fire and the authorities forbid everybody to say his name under the penalty of death, but they failed. Herostratus was right his name is still known and classic.

I'm telling this just to say that there is no bad publicity, and for the Kardashians any fame is great, even the one based on shame. Brood's Mother will milk DC's quote fully, and pray for him nightly.
Look at us. Would we speak about Kardashians for the week otherwise? We all know that they are the trash, but they never been the subject of discussion before. How many people around the world, who never heard about Kardashians, went online to check their name? DC made his worldwide known name vehicle for Kardashians' popularity.

Sorry but I disagree.
The Ks don't need DC to be any more notorious. If not this then something else will be used for keeping their position in the spotlight. They will survive on anything that comes their way. I couldn't care less about them. I would worry only if DC is sullied in any way and I don't see that.

Here I don't see any harm done in DC having said what he did. He has not involved himself further. The best thing that has happened unintentionally is the way the public has responded positively to his words and he has gotten more respect for what he did. IMO the rest, that includes the Ks using this topic to thrive, is irrelevant at this point.
Caramel, I don't like Kardashians, and I agree with DC. But Kardashians are only one of the poisonous fruits of the poisonous tree. If DC or anybody else wants to bring a change, they should deal with the roots. To complain about the bitter taste of the fruit won't help. And to pick on their behavior without thinking of main cause, just undermines the statement and makes it look like he directly compares his values to theirs.
I hope Ks will drop it.
I agree with Sasha. The K's are not the problem, they are just a major example of the problem. Reality type junk is ruining TV in the US and celebrity. Talent doesn't count anymore, just self promotion. DC was trying to talk about that, and he used the K's as an example of reality culture idiots. I also worry about him getting slimmed by them. Going on the attack against people with no ethics is always dangerous. The rotten Daily Mail is attacking him now for his minor attack on them in a current interview. The problem with attacking bums, is that they are nasty and they attack back, and the attack really needs to be worth the counter attack.
caramel

Post by caramel »

sasha wrote:
caramel wrote:

Sorry but I disagree.

I hope Ks will drop it.
I am not saying DC set out to make this big statement to bring out a change in the system. He was just bold enough to say something. That's all. I also don't think he would have anticipated the effect his words had but then maybe he did and decided to leave things alone and took his chances.

Who knows maybe just maybe this plain speaking from DC is what is needed for others to sit up and take notice and start making a change?
Even if it is just one person doing it, how can his voice be undermined if it ends up having a ripple effect? Maybe his words will bring out a change but then again maybe it wont. We don't know.

At this point there is no harm done and I don't think the Ks will take it further because DC is entitled to his opinion.
sasha

Post by sasha »

So, what you are saying is that it's better to voice your opinion than to remain silent, and I'm trying to say that if you are saying something, being a public figure, dig deeper. I think that the best thing is to combine our statements into - give your opinion, but dig deeper, right?

Tampa, I doubt that Ks will attack. DC has a strong team (as Caramel noticed) and it more advantageous for them to play "noble" as an opposite to what DC proclaimed.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If you take a look at these articles and the comments, you can see, that the splash he made, won't in any way harm him - au contraire..

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/12/08/ka ... ig-apology

http://www.thesuperficial.com/kris-jenn ... er-12-2011

There is even a fb side asking to boycott them with arfeady 56.000 votes. https://www.facebook.com/BoycottRealityTV?

So maybe he did open Pandoras box and others will follow - finally woken up.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Advocating silence, isn’t this the very thing that lets the unmentionables happen ie rape, wife battery, child molesting, bullying, eating disorders, mental illness, ethnic cleansing, cheating and lack of ethics, we know it’s happening, we brush it under the carpet, cross to the other side of the road and leave it for the next person to deal with or whisper about it amongst ourselves.

Why if he is right shouldn't he have said anything or he should have strategized and have done what was in his best interest? If a person runs their life by second guessing what others will think, say and do then it’s not much of a life if the possibility of being pilloried makes you shy away from doing what you think is right.

Re the Daily Mail good on him, for letting them know that he knows their game, they were never a fan to begin with, so why worry about what they are going to publish next when said paper is going to crap on him anyway.

DC has had to deal with adversity throughout his career, this is no different and just another hiccup which he will deal with as HE sees fit.

JES

PS
Wasn't the root of the problem, the deafening silence that preceded Daniels Comment?
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
caramel

Post by caramel »

honeyjes wrote: ........

DC has had to deal with adversity throughout his career, this is no different and just another hiccup which he will deal with as HE sees fit.

JES

PS
Wasn't the root of the problem, the deafening silence that preceded Daniels Comment?
THIS.
Just wanted to say Jes said it best.
khenton

Post by khenton »

Rumor has it

Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
tampa

Post by tampa »

khenton wrote:Rumor has it

You better be joking!!!!!!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

You're kidding aren't you? :shock:

Where did that rumour come from? Daniel says he can "hold a tune" at best and dancing is not a strength ( though he did okay in Boon imo :sigh: )

But that kind of song and dance? :shock: :?
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Thats so funny!!! Daniel dislikes dancing from the interviews he's giving, when hell freezes over me thinks, but great pic!!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

He'd better not! :x
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:You're kidding aren't you? :shock:

Where did that rumour come from? Daniel says he can "hold a tune" at best and dancing is not a strength ( though he did okay in Boon imo :sigh: )

But that kind of song and dance? :shock: :?
That pic first came out when it was announced that Daniel and Hugh are doing a play on Broadway :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

daniel coat sold for $562.36 on ebay

Daily Mirror/Age Uk Donate A Coat auction - Daniel Craig's parka - signed!
ImageImage