News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Hardly newsworthy.... :wink:

Daniel Craig, Anne Hathaway, The Clintons: Is Hippie Town Woodstock The New High-End NYC Getaway?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... mes-436892
For me, the most interesting thing about it is that DC is pretty much the first celeb mentioned. This suggests he's more interesting to the readership than David Bowie or the others they talked about. Just a little reminder to me that he seriously is big-time these days... I hope it won't stop him doing low-budget stuff if it has something interesting to say.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Actually I DO think, that he will return to low budget film rather earlier then later. Dropping out of MM somewhat shows me, that he has had it with big productions for the moment. Maybe he squeezes something small into his empty summer schedule. Now THAT would be great. I get :evil: every time, I see MM pics from Berlin with the bunch without him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I don't know what to make of this. One of the comments on JJ had a link to this site:

http://www.tportal.hr/showtime/film/254 ... borba.html

It says that Goran Visnjic, who plays Dragan Armansky, will start filming the second part of the Millennium trilogy in November.

Here's the Google translation from Croatian.

"Before that, in November, after the holiday, it starts recording the second sequel trilogy 'Millennium'. "It's now for sure!" Visnjic says.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm - I would say, if we don't have a confirmation on deadline or the likes, its not true and I rather have him do Bond early next year. This has waited so long, it can for a bit longer.

But thanks nevertheless, Cass. Interesting tidbit.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Heard that report before but there's absolutely no other reports to back it up, so I don't think it's true I'm afraid.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Not news I'm afraid but I couldn't make my mind up on where to post this.
A fan letter to Daniel.....:lol:

Dear Daniel Craig,

I’m not gay or anything like that, but I just want you to know that you are the most beautiful creature ever created. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that you are more beautiful than most mythical creatures. I don’t mean to be shallow or anything by noting your rare beauty and I hope that it doesn’t embarrass you when I tell you how captivated I am by your radiant blue eyes….no point being embarrassed, these things happen. I also have (I don’t mind saying) radiant blue eyes. You also have excellent taste in fashion. Or else somebody dresses you and you just look good in everything you wear. That shitty Ted Hughes prick was lucky to have someone like you portray him.

Here is a reason I like you: You are badass. Totally badass. You’re probably the best Bond since Connery made the non-canonical Never Say Never Again. As far as non-Connery Bonds go, you are the best.

Another reason I like you is that you hate Nazis. I also hate Nazis. I watched Defiance again last night and the way you kill Nazis makes me very happy. Watching this fills me with, to borrow the German expression, schadenfreude. I can only assume from your merciless Nazi-killing ways that you too experience a similar sentiment. This is how I know you and I would get along.

If you would like to get together someday and talk about these topics that could be arranged. It wouldn’t have to be sexual or anything. It could just be me and you on a fishing trip….alone in the woods….you probably going for a shirtless dip in the lake….teaching me survival skills you probably learned in order to make Defiance….maybe it would rain and then we’d both get soaked and have to use our body heat to stay warm…..

Forever yours,

Ryan

PS. Why did I enclose a photograph of you? You already know what you look like. You’re the one lucky enough to wake up each morning and see your handsome face look back at you in the mirror.

http://moreopenedletters.tumblr.com/pos ... niel-craig
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

That's fantastic! Why on earth isn't Ryan on here?
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Bit weird, though. And for anyone familiar with the tv series Gavin and Stacey, all-male fishing trips will always seem slightly disturbing :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

HLAJ wrote:Bit weird, though. And for anyone familiar with the tv series Gavin and Stacey, all-male fishing trips will always seem slightly disturbing :lol:
Haha love Gavin and Stacey, especially Bryn. :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Lol - I think the guy is as gay and whacko as they come, whether he recognizes it or not!!! I'd also like to find one person who doesn't hate Nazis and exterminate him/her. I can only presume DC hates what the Nazis did, just like everyone else.
Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

Ryan's "letter" is rather unpleasant reading, IMO. I'm not sure if he's serious and thick, or trying (and failing) to be funny. It doesn't seem like a fan letter to me, but a weirdo letter. Bleugh.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Tuulia wrote:Ryan's "letter" is rather unpleasant reading, IMO. I'm not sure if he's serious and thick, or trying (and failing) to be funny. It doesn't seem like a fan letter to me, but a weirdo letter. Bleugh.
Yes. - a sicko stalkerish letter. Go fishing with him. Oh sure. Just what Daniel would want to do. He guy is nuts.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Reads like a troll.

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

This is hardly news but I'll post it anyway because it's a dry spell.

Daniel Craig and Jon Hamm are in and Leonardo DiCaprio is out: The A-listers setting new plastic surgery trends for men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z2QwiZcjaE
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Cass, that IS news! And so true. Daniela's square jaw is one of his best features. To me, the pointy chin of Gosling and Bradley Cooper keep them from being handsome to me (although i think Cooper's other features pretty much make up for the chin.)