News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Re: News tidbits

Post by Germangirl »

No, of course Not, but knowing him better then the Others, might Change Things a bit.
In reality I believe Daniel stays Out of IT totally.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

New comments from Barbara Broccoli on Bond 26....
https://deadline.com/2024/02/christophe ... 235826377/

I get the impression that she really hasn't moved on from Daniel
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am really glad, Bond doesnt matter so much to me now. Must ne really frustrating to be one right now with nothing in the Horizon.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Vanquish wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:13 pm New comments from Barbara Broccoli on Bond 26....
https://deadline.com/2024/02/christophe ... 235826377/

I get the impression that she really hasn't moved on from Daniel
That's because she didn't, but he did....at least I think so....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Interesting new paparazzi photo taken on 16 February 2024

https://twitter.com/Born4Bliss/status/1 ... 6892319873
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

:roll: where is Daniel now? It is so silent here on dtd.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Guess we will geht something later in the year, when Queer will be promoted.

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Living his life quietly and enjoying it!
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I love the idea of an Othellow film and hope he films this soon

Daniel Craig is courting film financiers in Qatar and across the Middle East who may be interested in funding a passion project: an adaptation of Shakespeare’s “Othello”—set in an American Army barracks in Iraq, multiple sources told Semafor.

Daniel Craig is courting film financiers in Qatar and across the Middle East who may be interested in funding a new passion project: an adaptation of Shakespeare’s iconic play “Othello”—only this time, it’s set in an American Army barracks in Iraq, multiple sources told Semafor. But just as the British actor courts Gulf governments—including Qatar, which has been trying for years to pitch its capital as a Middle Eastern Hollywood—the small, wealthy state has privately expressed interest in hypothetical future James Bond films. Craig famously played Bond until recently developing a distaste for the role, though his his Othello project is already backed by Barbara Broccoli, whose family holds the keys to the future of the Bond franchise—making it a perfect target for anyone looking to get on the heiress’ good side. Qatar has invested heavily in bringing Hollywood to its shores since 2009, pouring money into producer Peter Chernin’s company, enlisting former Universal exec Ron Meyer as a film consultant, and hosting its own film festivals. Craig has likewise been fighting to bring his vision of Othello to the big screen since the acclaimed stage production’s run off Broadway in 2016, sources said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/daniel-cr ... _owned_tdb
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

I saw this news too and it's interesting that he wants a story with Middle East background. They didn't clarify whether Daniel will star in the movie or he will be the producer only but I do hope the former. I really hope that he can continue acting until his 80's :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So Barbara still holds in to him with Other projects.
Quite Like her.
I still cant understand why intelligent people Like him court the idea of bringing more war to the Screen.

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

SophieYangDC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:16 am I saw this news too and it's interesting that he wants a story with Middle East background. They didn't clarify whether Daniel will star in the movie or he will be the producer only but I do hope the former. I really hope that he can continue acting until his 80's :D
Wasn't the stage version set in the Middle East?
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Red-Snow wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:05 pm
SophieYangDC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:16 am I saw this news too and it's interesting that he wants a story with Middle East background. They didn't clarify whether Daniel will star in the movie or he will be the producer only but I do hope the former. I really hope that he can continue acting until his 80's :D
It was....
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Red-Snow wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:05 pm
Oh I didn't know the stage version...couldn't get a chance to go watch it unfortunately.