News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Re: News titbits

Post by sf2la »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:Not Daniel related but I have one of the original Christies catalogues for Princess Diana's dress auction. Back in 1997 it cost me £150 but now of course it is absolutely priceless! and no amount of money would make me part with it.
OMG. What an investment that was. Wowzer. How cool to have something like that. I wouldn't sell it either. Maybe one day when you can put it up for auction through Christies :lol: Retirement time!
Maria

Re: News titbits

Post by Maria »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:Not Daniel related but I have one of the original Christies catalogues for Princess Diana's dress auction. Back in 1997 it cost me £150 but now of course it is absolutely priceless! and no amount of money would make me part with it.
Good for you! Smart to have kept it.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Bummer! I went out to finally get my mail because I wanted to look through the Christie's catalogue with Spectre items. Well, it seems my lack of bids (0) in 2015 - or whenever the last SF items were auctioned, has caused me to be dropped from their 2016 mailing list. No catalogue!! :evil: I'm sure they've all been mailed. If they only knew I was a d2d member.....who knows, maybe I'd bid on a paper clip or something :wink:
Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:Bummer! I went out to finally get my mail because I wanted to look through the Christie's catalogue with Spectre items. Well, it seems my lack of bids (0) in 2015 - or whenever the last SF items were auctioned, has caused me to be dropped from their 2016 mailing list. No catalogue!! :evil: I'm sure they've all been mailed. If they only knew I was a d2d member.....who knows, maybe I'd bid on a paper clip or something :wink:
Oh that is a shame! Hope you can still get a copy.
At least for next time (high hopes he will return as Bond again of course) then knowing in advance, or saving up for that paper clip. 8)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I know, bad timing! They obviously don't keep a data base of customers and the types of items they bid on or I should have received this issue. Or maybe they peeked into my bank account :wink: .
Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:I know, bad timing! They obviously don't keep a data base of customers and the types of items they bid on or I should have received this issue. Or maybe they peeked into my bank account :wink: .
sf2la - Perhaps they ran out of copies. I wonder if one can pick up a spare copy in person from one of their offices, if they have them?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Maria wrote:
sf2la wrote:I know, bad timing! They obviously don't keep a data base of customers and the types of items they bid on or I should have received this issue. Or maybe they peeked into my bank account :wink: .
sf2la - Perhaps they ran out of copies. I wonder if one can pick up a spare copy in person from one of their offices, if they have them?
Good point! Or maybe call and request a catalogue.
Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:
Maria wrote:
Good point! Or maybe call and request a catalogue.
Hope you can get a copy then! Good luck.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Just looking thru some of my Christie's catalogues. I have a Pop Culture issue from 2013 that has a number of Bowie stuff in it. THAT would have been a good investment! I am also just looking at a tux made for Daniel in CR. The write up says the waist band is inscribed DC in an unknown hand. Guide price was £8-12k or $12-18k.

The ugly motorcycle Daniel rides in the beginning scene of SF is in the same issue. It's a Honda. Guide price £15-25k or $23-38k.

Looking at the back inside cover. Christie's catalogues can be ordered. I'll make an effort to stop by their South Kensington office on Monday to buy a catalogue since I've been kicked off their complimentary mailing list :wink: .
Last edited by sf2la on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:Just looking thru some of my Christies catalogues. I have a Pop Cukture issue from 2013 that has a number of Bowie stuff in it. THAT would have been a good investment! I also just now am looking a tux made for Daniel in CR. The write up says the waist band us inscribed DD in an unknown hand. Guide price was £8-12k or $12-18k.

The ugly motorcycle Daniel rides in the beginning scene of SF is in the same issue. It's a Honda. Guide price £15-25k or $23-38k.

Looking at the back inside cover. Christies catalogues can be ordered. I'll make an effort to stop by their South Kensington office on Monday to buy a catalogue since ice been kicked off their complimentary list :wink: .
I suspect stopping by in person would be the best bet to get a copy at this point. Hope you get one and that they keep you on their mailing list. (I live vicariously as I said...) 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Good luck, sf.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Gawd, after wrapping up some work for the night, I just reread my above text. What is wrong with me?? I cannot text for the life of me. So many typos. I tried to edit - there are probably still mistakes!

Yeah, it looks like getting a catalogue will be easy. I arrive Sunday, but knowing the UK, the business will likely be closed. There is a Christie's app available for the iPhone, at least. That's free. Everything is also available to see online.

Oh, to have bought Bowie stuff....cool old photos, first concert ticket, etc. like hitting the lottery today. I imagine Jagger is rated the same? If Christie's Pop Culture catalogues are online, they are worth checking out. Fun stuff. Hendrix handwritten lyrics on a piece of paper sung at Woodstock was listed for some obscene price.
Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:Gawd, after wrapping up some work for the night, I just reread my above text. What is wrong with me?? I cannot text for the life of me. So many typos. I tried to edit - there are probably still mistakes!

Yeah, it looks like getting a catalogue will be easy. I arrive Sunday, but knowing the UK, the business will likely be closed. There is a Christie's app available for the iPhone, at least. That's free. Everything is also available to see online.

Oh, to have bought Bowie stuff....cool old photos, first concert ticket, etc. like hitting the lottery today. I imagine Jagger is rated the same? If Christie's Pop Culture catalogues are online, they are worth checking out. Fun stuff. Hendrix handwritten lyrics on a piece of paper sung at Woodstock was listed for some obscene price.
Type-o issues, no worries. I am still impressed with your ability to text and make any type-o's legible.

Yes, any of the above items could be sold and one could buy everything in the the Spectre catalogue and still have plenty left to retire straight away.

Now when you get to one of their offices...maybe they will have poster sized sample images of the catalogue's best photos? 8)
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, but thanks. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..