News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Rory Kinnear approached by BBC to play new Doctor Who

He plays Tanner in the Bond films.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2ViO8D6ay
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Ooh! The face is probably right, but I don't think his hair will recede that far. Not sure he'll get that fat in the face either, he's been lean for years so is in the habit if exercising
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HLAJ wrote:Ooh! The face is probably right, but I don't think his hair will recede that far. Not sure he'll get that fat in the face either, he's been lean for years so is in the habit if exercising
This...the hairline will be fine.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

YIKES is right!!!! I think the face is alarmingly 'probably' pretty accurate. If he's thinner, it could look gaunt like in C&A. The hairline will creep back some, but if cut longer like his dad's, bare spots can be disguised. Let's continue to enjoy the sight of him during his prime years. No sex symbol stays a sex symbol forever. Even Daniel will look old :cryblow [/b]
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

No, I will not have it, he can't age, he's perpetually the 2006 Bond to me in my mind.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

THAT is creepy :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Looks like he has orange scruff. :lol: Doesn't look like him - nose and all around.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Man of Steel star and Bond runner-up Henry Cavill has said that Daniel Craig was the "right choice" to play secret agent 007.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0615/45 ... -for-bond/
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

cassandra wrote:Man of Steel star and Bond runner-up Henry Cavill has said that Daniel Craig was the "right choice" to play secret agent 007.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0615/45 ... -for-bond/
Good for him. He might get another chance in a few years, when he has a more experienced looking face if you know what I mean! Good looking guy, will probably look even better in five or ten years.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel and Rachel visit Shakespeare & Company in Lenox.

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/ci_2 ... weisz-tour
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I like that. They dive deep into the world of theater.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Henry Cavill Reveals the Roles He Didn’t Get

By Lesley Messer
@lesleymesser
Jun 23, 2013 9:22am
Henry Cavill is at at the top of his game right now, playing Superman in the blockbuster film, “Man of Steel.” But in a new interview with Peter Travers, the actor, 30, reveals that landing huge movie roles hasn’t always been so easy.
In fact, he tried out for the James Bond role that Daniel Craig landed, and also the role of Edward Cullen in “Twilight” and Cedric Diggory in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” – both of which went to the same man, Robert Pattinson.
Superman Through the Years: See the Photos
But Cavill harbors no sore feelings. In the case of Craig playing Bond, he said: “Daniel Craig was absolutely nailed that role and best man for the job. I don’t care if I don’t get the job if the best guy for the job gets it.”
Had he practiced shaking and stirring martinis?
“No, but I practiced asking, ‘shaken, not stirred,’ though,” he said.

However, just a few years later, Cavill landed the role of a lifetime–though, he admits, he almost missed the call.
When he learned he had won the part of Superman, he was playing “World of Warcraft,” the popular online game, and was so distracted that he ignored the ringing.
“I looked down at the last minute and I see its Zach Snyder and I dive for phone,” Cavill said to Travers. “I was like, ‘forget you guys, I’m going for Zach!”
‘Man of Steel’: Behind the Scenes
Playing Superman is, so far, a dream come true. The film is a smash at the box-office and a sequel is already in development. For Cavill, the road to Superman was paved with several casting rejections.
For more of Peter Travers’ far-reaching interview with the “Man of Steel” actor, where they discuss Cavill’s chubby childhood and the prospect of a “Justice League” movie, click on the video above.

-----
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme ... didnt-get/
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

"Capote" vs "Infamous"

Shared Theme:
Head-to-head biopics of Truman Capote, especially as pertaining to his research and writing of “In Cold Blood”

Released within: 13 months of each other Sept 2005/Oct 2006

Different approaches: So well, wow. While other films on this list bear a passing resemblance but seem to do their best to differentiate in terms of tone, in this example they are frighteningly similar in terms of storyline, plot beats, and even subtext. Both movies detail Truman Capote’s increasingly fraught and complex relationship with convicted killers Dick Hickok and Perry Smith which fed into his pioneering “nonfiction novel” “In Cold Blood,” and with both ready at the same time it really was a case of playing chicken; “Infamous” blinked first. The relative quality of the films here is surprisingly difficult to judge as both tell the story very well, and both are marked not just by crisp and perfect embodiments of Capote in the central role (Philip Seymour Hoffman would win Best Actor for his, but perhaps Toby Jones’ portrayal is our slight favorite), but also by strong supporting casts, many playing real-life famous people. In fact in supporting terms, Douglas McGrath’s “Infamous” is maybe the starrier, as one of its differences from Bennett Miller’s “Capote” is in how it also gives a little attention to Capote’s New York milieu of fame and glitz, which arguably makes us understand his eventual breakdown and isolation better than the slightly narrower focus of "Capote."

Which was more successful? If ever there was a case of first past the post taking the ribbon, this is it. “Capote” was a prestige pic hit, with its Oscar approval also bolstering it to a respectable $50m, off a low-budget base. “Infamous,” by contrast, made just over $2.6m the following year.

Which was better?

Again, the first Truman Capote/”In Cold Blood" biopic you saw will probably be the best Truman Capote/”In Cold Blood" biopic you saw as the second time around, the story is just so strikingly similar that whichever you’re watching, you get a freaky sense of déjà vu. But while we’d never begrudge Hoffman his Oscar, we do feel a bit sorry for everyone involved with “Infamous” which is by no means an inferior film, especially for those supporting cast members who gave performances against type to good effect, like Sandra Bullock as Harper Lee (though again, Catherine Keener’s Lee in “Capote” is also terrific) and Daniel Craig as Perry Smith (Clifton Collins Jr in the rival film) -- in the latter case especially interesting as “Infamous” makes the homoerotic nature of Capote’s fascination with Smith much more apparent than in “Capote.” Most of all, great British character actor Toby Jones deserved more from his pinpoint accurate portrayal than for it to end up the answer to a movie trivia question.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... eaderPanel
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Interesting article, thanks for sharing