News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

calypso wrote:on TMZ they interview Peirce brosnan as he come out of restaurant, they asked him who best Bond is, he say daniel all the way
i try to get episode tomorrow
Thats nice of PB to say that. Its the first time I heard of him saying that anyway.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel wrote:
calypso wrote:on TMZ they interview Peirce brosnan as he come out of restaurant, they asked him who best Bond is, he say daniel all the way
Thats nice of PB to say that. Its the first time I heard of him saying that anyway.
Well, Daniel keeps telling how nice Pierce acted towards him, but its known, that P was very upset about loosing the Bond role and wasn't shy to voice that, too. He is on record being nasty towards DC as well ("Bond, James Bond" making a mouth with no teeth). The interviewer wanted Daniel to comment on that, but he refused. "Why not? "Because I don't want to"

But I respect Pierce for campaigning against the whale killing. Cudos for that from me.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

caramel wrote:
When he was doing the rounds recently for The Ghost Writer, he admitted on UK TV that he had never watched Daniel in CR or QoS.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
caramel wrote:
When he was doing the rounds recently for The Ghost Writer, he admitted on UK TV that he had never watched Daniel in CR or QoS.
I can't help but think that he has watched at least one of them and he doesn't want to admit it. In that way, the questions get stopped right there during the interviews and he doesn't have to go into lengths of singing DC's praise. Come on,once you have seen DC in those movies, how can anyone in their right minds not think PB's JB is wimpy, himself included! :wink:
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Sorry i'm on Sylvia side.
And while the soft voice of Ashcroft singing into my ears, giving me the coolness i need, i would like to say that honestly i don't believe in anything he can says about Craig.

Brosnan always annoyed me during his performance of any 007 movies he done,so i really wanted that he leaves sooner the role to set free Bond from his stiffness,so my disappointing about Bronsan have nothing to do with my preference as Craig as actor.

GG Brosnan maybe was very sensitive about whales,but same did U2 when they spoken out loud againts the nuclear test at Muroroa from France,and what about Jim Kerr from Simple Minds?They embraced the apartheid cause and were the very first to do.Also George Michael leading a no profit association to helps the family of teminally ill AIDS.

The main reason why i simply don't believe to Brosnan words it's easy:Simply he really was nasty,and had even a sort of pleasure to seen Craig literally crucifixed by press and his bond's fans,he can stopped the entire whole crazy psycho circus but prefer the silence, Craig wasen't responsible at all of Bronsan's loss of the Bond role,mainly producers and distributor was...so why blaming harshly Craig?

He acted in a mean way towards Craig,and now he's trying to earn some scores?

Besides that Crauig is far far far better that Brosnan not only in Bond role but basically as actor.
calypso

Post by calypso »

caramel wrote:
here is episode, there is little bit at 0:21 but then all of pierce answering is at end 18:09 but you have to watch it all as you cannot fast forward
http://www.tmz.com/tmz-tv/
click on full episode wed 3/02

maybe everyone not able to see
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/232 ... -M-project

Thursday March 3,2011

MICHAEL STIPE has recruited JAMES FRANCO and SAM TAYLOR-WOOD to create short films to accompany the highly-anticipated new R.E.M. album, COLLAPSE INTO NOW.

Franco and Taylor-Wood have signed up to direct clips inspired by different songs on the record for Stipe's Collapse Into Now Film Project.

The rocker hand-picked both the actor and the Nowhere Man director for his latest effort, and admits he gave them "free rein" to do whatever they liked with his tracks.

He tells NME.com, "I went to people I really wanted to work with and I could trust them to do whatever they wanted. They had absolute free rein. In many instances I was surprised, in many instances I got what I wanted. What I wanted wasn't primarily important though, what was important was to trust the directors with something as precious as a brand new song.

"It was really fun for me to curate, working with all these different artists, and seeing how they interpreted the songs. The thing that was surprising is how much they interlockingly work, like an album.

"It was a way of presenting the idea of an album in 2011, beyond a music fan's idea of an album 20 years ago. The way technology is right now, it's possible to present something in any way you want to. I basically wanted to explore the idea of what is an album, and how do we present it with everything that we have available."
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Ok, Ladies and Getlemen, who has posted that on topdockinformationslisting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Ins And Outs Of Daniel Craig’s Relationships

In love relationships and romance, it is important for Daniel Craig to be able to deeply respect his partner. Daniel looks beyond the superficial qualities to see their inner worth before he lets himself really fall for someone. In fact, too much glamour or flashiness is something of a turn-off for him. Daniel Craig is capable of mature, lasting, loving relationships and seeks a mate who is deep, loyal, and committed. He may also be drawn to someone older than him. It is easy for Daniel Craig to show others the love he feels for them and he talks freely to them about his feelings.

He is open and unconventional in his attitude towards love relationships, romance and sex. He enjoys socializing, bringing people together and having many friends of both sexes. Daniel Craig values friendship very highly and in fact, he is more comfortable being a friend than a lover. Daniel desires an intellectual rapport or spiritual bond with his love partner, but deep intimacy and emotional bonding do not come easily to him. The traditional husband/wife roles do not appeal to Craig, and he abhors jealousy and possessiveness since he feels that no person truly belongs to another. Daniel Craig appreciates relationships in which his love partner allows him plenty of freedom and is not very emotionally demanding.

Daniel Craig has a great rapport with the opposite sex, and love relationships, romance, and passion are absolutely vital to his well being. It is rare for Daniel to go very long without an intimate companion. The physical component of relationships is also very important to Craig. Artistic creations and projects are another way for Daniel Craig to channel his passion.

Daniel Craig inspires others to take positive action in their lives through his own enthusiasm and eagerness to meet life’s challenges, and he is attracted to people who are adventurous, courageous and independent. Daniel is rather bossy but does not like to be with people that he can boss around too much. He enjoys a good fight sometimes. Relationships that are built on mutual respect and emotional freedom are ideal for Craig.

Craig gets a lot of emotional fulfillment through his involvement in groups, clubs, organizations, community activities, or a network of close friends who support and care for him. Daniel Craig makes friends his family, and he feels a close kinship to people who share some ideals or beliefs that he holds dear. Daniel Craig needs close relationships with people outside of his immediate family.

Daniel Craig has frequent emotional outbursts due to his fiery temper and emotional impulsiveness. Craig expresses himself very directly and honestly and no one has to guess what his true feelings are. However, Daniel Craig dislikes showing any personal weakness or his need for support, comfort and nurturing. He is often impatient with himself and others. Daniel abhors emotional dependency and dislikes complainers.

source: http://www.topdocinformationlisting.inf ... tionships/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Ok, Ladies and Getlemen, who has posted that on topdockinformationslisting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Ins And Outs Of Daniel Craig’s Relationships

In love relationships and romance, it is important for Daniel Craig to be able to deeply respect his partner. Daniel looks beyond the superficial qualities to see their inner worth before he lets himself really fall for someone. In fact, too much glamour or flashiness is something of a turn-off for him. Daniel Craig is capable of mature, lasting, loving relationships and seeks a mate who is deep, loyal, and committed. He may also be drawn to someone older than him. It is easy for Daniel Craig to show others the love he feels for them and he talks freely to them about his feelings.

He is open and unconventional in his attitude towards love relationships, romance and sex. He enjoys socializing, bringing people together and having many friends of both sexes. Daniel Craig values friendship very highly and in fact, he is more comfortable being a friend than a lover. Daniel desires an intellectual rapport or spiritual bond with his love partner, but deep intimacy and emotional bonding do not come easily to him. The traditional husband/wife roles do not appeal to Craig, and he abhors jealousy and possessiveness since he feels that no person truly belongs to another. Daniel Craig appreciates relationships in which his love partner allows him plenty of freedom and is not very emotionally demanding.

Daniel Craig has a great rapport with the opposite sex, and love relationships, romance, and passion are absolutely vital to his well being. It is rare for Daniel to go very long without an intimate companion. The physical component of relationships is also very important to Craig. Artistic creations and projects are another way for Daniel Craig to channel his passion.

Daniel Craig inspires others to take positive action in their lives through his own enthusiasm and eagerness to meet life’s challenges, and he is attracted to people who are adventurous, courageous and independent. Daniel is rather bossy but does not like to be with people that he can boss around too much. He enjoys a good fight sometimes. Relationships that are built on mutual respect and emotional freedom are ideal for Craig.

Craig gets a lot of emotional fulfillment through his involvement in groups, clubs, organizations, community activities, or a network of close friends who support and care for him. Daniel Craig makes friends his family, and he feels a close kinship to people who share some ideals or beliefs that he holds dear. Daniel Craig needs close relationships with people outside of his immediate family.

Daniel Craig has frequent emotional outbursts due to his fiery temper and emotional impulsiveness. Craig expresses himself very directly and honestly and no one has to guess what his true feelings are. However, Daniel Craig dislikes showing any personal weakness or his need for support, comfort and nurturing. He is often impatient with himself and others. Daniel abhors emotional dependency and dislikes complainers.

source: http://www.topdocinformationlisting.inf ... tionships/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

apparently for assange movie:
i find on the twitter:
Matt Damon is the bookies' favourite to play WikiLeaks founder
Julian Assange in a new movie.

Other actors on the bookies' list include George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig and Kevin Spacey.

about 1 hour ago via web

also pierce set to star in danish film:

My favorite part of this source article is the fact that they seem to live in a world where Pierce Brosnan is some sort of romantic leading man and not JAMES MOTHERFUCKING BOND. They act like it's some sort of tragedy that Brosnan hasn’t been in a rom-com since Mamma Mia and everyone has been going “What’s up with Pierce Brosnan not doing a rom-com?” Needless to say, no one has been asking that.

But we got an answer. Brosnan has signed on to star in the recently Oscar-ed (is that the verb form of winning an Oscar? Oh who cares, I make the rules) Susanne Bier’s All You Need Is Love. Bier won Best Foriegn Language Film for her Danish film In a Better World. The new film follows a Danish family despite the fact that Brosnan doesn’t speak a lick of Danish (but really, who does? Besides the Danish of course). The film will be a slight departure for Bier as the film is a comedy and Bier normally focuses on the more dramatic aspects of life. While the language might pose a problem, the comedy sure won't as Brosnan, of course, mastered comedy with his appearance in Mrs. Doubtfire. Actually, I think we should all take a moment to remember that James Bond was in a Robin Williams cross-dressing comedy. Let us remember what we let happen so it never happens again. That is all.
ImageImage
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Funny,the only movie that i liked with Brosnan was Mrs Doubtfire! 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

$abbatha wrote:Funny,the only movie that i liked with Brosnan was Mrs Doubtfire! 8)
Maybe because he was hardly in it? :lol:

Harrison Ford as Assange? Either its a mistake or the whole list is crap. He is way too old.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

It's funny we're talking about Pierce Brosnan as Bond because, only a few days ago, I was ruminating on this very subject. I originally thought that PB made a great Bond. I had been too young to get into Connery, quite fancied Moore although he was too 'camp' and 'polite' after a time, HATED Dalton so thought Brosnan was going to be the 'be all and end all' for Bond. How wrong I was!!!! :oops: Since CR and QOS have been released, I have never been able to look at James Bond in the same way again. Needless to say, I don't ever stop to watch an old Bond movie now, unless I want to kill a short while in jest. Last week, for some random reason, I decided to play my 'Goldeneye' dvd again. It was filmed in 1995 and already felt dated. I struggled through the scenes until the part where M and Bond come together at the MI6 headquarters. M & JB have their banter and JB goes to leave but M calls him back. Exactly the same kind of scene occurs in CR when JB breaks in to M's apartment. Brosnan does the slow turn to the camera and I'm like "ARGH!!! NO WAY!!" It simply did not compare to the way Daniel can do such a simple thing and make it loaded with sex and charisma. I had to stop the movie then which was a shame in a way because I liked Famke Janssen as Xenia Onnatop. I now think I will be trying to sell my James Bond Brosnan dvd's or at least giving them away to charity. Whatever, I sincerely doubt that I will ever watch them again. It is the little flourishes Daniel has as Bond which make him so special but that's just his superior skill as an actor. He does the best 'shooting-gun-at-camera' bit because his stride is quick and confident and he moves like a dancer. Nobody will ever be a better Bond for me than Daniel... :)

And thanks to {Sylvia's Girl'} for posting the snippet of the interview with James Purefoy. After his stint as Marc Anthony in "Rome", I was dead eager for JP to get the part. It lead to my "disappointment" when Daniel was successful in winning it. What did I know then??? There but for the grace of God go I......... :oops: :roll:
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Germangirl wrote:
$abbatha wrote:Funny,the only movie that i liked with Brosnan was Mrs Doubtfire! 8)
Maybe because he was hardly in it? :lol:

Harrison Ford as Assange? Either its a mistake or the whole list is crap. He is way too old.
I guess that i liked in this movie since he was truely himself...XD!!!
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

NextBondGirl wrote:It's funny we're talking about Pierce Brosnan as Bond because, only a few days ago, I was ruminating on this very subject. I originally thought that PB made a great Bond. I had been too young to get into Connery, quite fancied Moore although he was too 'camp' and 'polite' after a time, HATED Dalton so thought Brosnan was going to be the 'be all and end all' for Bond. How wrong I was!!!! :oops: Since CR and QOS have been released, I have never been able to look at James Bond in the same way again. Needless to say, I don't ever stop to watch an old Bond movie now, unless I want to kill a short while in jest. Last week, for some random reason, I decided to play my 'Goldeneye' dvd again. It was filmed in 1995 and already felt dated. I struggled through the scenes until the part where M and Bond come together at the MI6 headquarters. M & JB have their banter and JB goes to leave but M calls him back. Exactly the same kind of scene occurs in CR when JB breaks in to M's apartment. Brosnan does the slow turn to the camera and I'm like "ARGH!!! NO WAY!!" It simply did not compare to the way Daniel can do such a simple thing and make it loaded with sex and charisma. I had to stop the movie then which was a shame in a way because I liked Famke Janssen as Xenia Onnatop. I now think I will be trying to sell my James Bond Brosnan dvd's or at least giving them away to charity. Whatever, I sincerely doubt that I will ever watch them again. It is the little flourishes Daniel has as Bond which make him so special but that's just his superior skill as an actor. He does the best 'shooting-gun-at-camera' bit because his stride is quick and confident and he moves like a dancer. Nobody will ever be a better Bond for me than Daniel... :)

And thanks to {Sylvia's Girl'} for posting the snippet of the interview with James Purefoy. After his stint as Marc Anthony in "Rome", I was dead eager for JP to get the part. It lead to my "disappointment" when Daniel was successful in winning it. What did I know then??? There but for the grace of God go I......... :oops: :roll:
After an half of Goldeneye i was yet fed up of Brosnan,my tastes never include him in,so i was really praying for someone to step into the Bond saga to booting Brosnan out since years.
From 1995 to 2006 i've never went into theatre to seen a Bond movies,now i can since i like Craig as Bond,but mainly i'm grateful to Craig that saved Bond from Brosnan stiffness.
But mainly i never liked Brosnan himself as actor,from The Fourth Protocol movie of 1987... :roll:

I love Connery,Moore and Dalton too.In Dalton's defence i like to say that he got a very bad bad plot for his Bond movies.