Layer Cake featurette

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

(8 )

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

(9)

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

(10)

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

(11)

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

(12)

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

(13)

Sorry about the light across Daniel's forehead. He's obviously not wearing make-up and the light is spot-lights lighting the screen behind them which bounces off skin if caught at the wrong angle.

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Thanks so much for these :D! This was the first interview I really saw :D. So adorable!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:Thanks so much for these :D! This was the first interview I really saw :D. So adorable!
It was a good "first interview" to have because it's long and it talks about his craft which is the easiest way for an interviewer to draw him out of his shell. But there is also so much to watch with our Mr Fidget. :lol:

I don't know whether it is my imagination though, but I always get the feeling that there is almost an aura of envy about Matthew. The way he looks at Daniel - or avoids looking in lots of cases, and just the way he talks. I think he admires Daniel, and very much wanted him for the lead, but this was not an easy movie.

For all his fun and easy-going nature, co-workers/stars say that Daniel is a very strong character on set, obsessive about his work and that must have been hard for a new director. There was a bit of gossip around to that effect (same thing with FOAF) so it could be just tittle-tattle, but the way Matthew looks on that stage makes me wonder if there was a grain of truth there.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't get that impression.
It's a well known fact that Daniel is "present" when working.

And the first directing job is always difficult, but Matthew was no "novice" in the businness, he knew the dynamics on a film set.
And as it was mentioned in the interview or the extras on DVD (don't remember exactly where) that Matthew has done the most clever and most intelligent move a new director can do: he has sourrounded himself with well skilled people who knew exactly what they have to do.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
poppy

Post by poppy »

thanks jec for all the pics - lovely :)
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:I don't get that impression.
It's a well known fact that Daniel is "present" when working.

And the first directing job is always difficult, but Matthew was no "novice" in the businness, he knew the dynamics on a film set.
And as it was mentioned in the interview or the extras on DVD (don't remember exactly where) that Matthew has done the most clever and most intelligent move a new director can do: he has sourrounded himself with well skilled people who knew exactly what they have to do.
Daniel said it: He surrounded himself with talent and allowed that lalent to blossom.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I still think there is something behind Matthew's facade. The way he looks at Daniel, it says to me that not everything in the garden was lovely with this one....some tensions.

Just look at their body language on the stage. Daniel pulls his chair around to even up the space and be more evenly between Matthew and the interviewer and the next thing we see is Matthew takes his mic and pulls right away rather than sitting forward with the other two. His whole body is turned away from Daniel and the camera sometimes catches Matthew's look and it doesn't seem comfortable to me.

Just my......Image
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

The experience couldn't have been too bad for Matthew because he approached Daniel to play Big Daddy in Kick Ass, but he turned it down.
The role went to Nick Cage.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

"Oh saltiness, that bacon sandwich I had earlier just keeps giving!"
JEC57 wrote: Image
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:The experience couldn't have been too bad for Matthew because he approached Daniel to play Big Daddy in Kick Ass, but he turned it down.
The role went to Nick Cage.
I've never heared that before.

Cage was perfect for the role...

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com