Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:There is a review from an advanced screening from IMBD, that´s 80% fake, but here´s a link. Attention - major spoilers, if you believe in the small chance, that it is true after all. Don´t think so. I just read the first and last paragraph.

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index. ... 48927&st=0
The film has not been test screened.

..And for someone who had a chance to "view" the film -- this is certainly a most disjointed and scattered review.

The spoilers are a bit too outrageous to take too seriously. Look for some legit spoiler reviews closer to the films opening date.
I believe this review. They have previewed the film and they are based in Soho for post-production and would use a local hotel cinema for a selected preview.

Also, the descriptions of scenes are too specific and sure of themselves to be made up from inter-net info. He says the roof chase is quite short and this bodes with what I've heard. They have cut the action scenes tight. Mathis explaining Bond's need for his quantum of solace makes a lot of sense too and would fit with Mathis' character.

I also know as a fact that the final film plays a bit under 2 hours, I believe around the 108 - 110 mark, so the review is again right in saying the cut he saw, which would have been close to the final cut, was playing at around 2 hours but they still intended to tighten a few things up.
So make of it what you want. I don´t know...
When you say 80% fake - what do you mean. I don't think I dare read it!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:There is a review from an advanced screening from IMBD, that´s 80% fake, but here´s a link. Attention - major spoilers, if you believe in the small chance, that it is true after all. Don´t think so. I just read the first and last paragraph.

The film has not been test screened.

..And for someone who had a chance to "view" the film -- this is certainly a most disjointed and scattered review.

The spoilers are a bit too outrageous to take too seriously. Look for some legit spoiler reviews closer to the films opening date.
I believe this review. They have previewed the film and they are based in Soho for post-production and would use a local hotel cinema for a selected preview.

Also, the descriptions of scenes are too specific and sure of themselves to be made up from inter-net info. He says the roof chase is quite short and this bodes with what I've heard. They have cut the action scenes tight. Mathis explaining Bond's need for his quantum of solace makes a lot of sense too and would fit with Mathis' character.

I also know as a fact that the final film plays a bit under 2 hours, I believe around the 108 - 110 mark, so the review is again right in saying the cut he saw, which would have been close to the final cut, was playing at around 2 hours but they still intended to tighten a few things up.
The guys at the other boards are confused about it. Some say its real, some say its not.

Here is an extract from the beginning and the end, without spoiler:

Hi guys.

I was able to get the chnace to see the film at the test screening at the So Ho hotel. It was a great expereince and I was able to watch the flick with a great mixed auidence, also the screening room was so lush! But all that aside let's talk about the actuall movie.
I haven't decided whether to make this a spoiler filled review or not, but if you want to avoid facts about the movie look away.

Okay:

Daniel is really on form. i mean Bond mucks about a lot. He gets in a load of trouble and laughs it off. This Bond is like nothing we're seen before. He's raw and bloody, but also charismatic in a real sadistic way. You empathise with Bond, and really root for him. unlike the other films where you know he'll win, this time you're pretty convinced hes going to *beep* up. This comes through at the end when spoiler...spoiler Bond is actually *beep* but still has to save the day.

But Bond 23 is 100% happening, after the screening people were like: "Is that the last one?" It ain't, it's just the producers way of rounding off the Vesper story. Vesry good film, maybe not as good a 'Bond film' as CR, it spoiler...spoiler...
But as a Bond it is by far superoir to CR, it works better if you view it outside the series as it is so different from anything the Bond team have done beofre. I loved The Dark Knight like it was one of my own, but this is by far better.

With these two sentences, he is loosing it totally. I didn´t read the middle part myself, but if what I did get from the reactions of the others is true, they came up with some surprising solutions.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:

The guys at the other boards are confused about it. Some say its real, some say its not.

Here is an extract from the beginning and the end, without spoiler:

Hi guys.

I was able to get the chnace to see the film at the test screening at the So Ho hotel. It was a great expereince and I was able to watch the flick with a great mixed auidence, also the screening room was so lush! But all that aside let's talk about the actuall movie.
I haven't decided whether to make this a spoiler filled review or not, but if you want to avoid facts about the movie look away.

Okay:

Daniel is really on form. i mean Bond mucks about a lot. He gets in a load of trouble and laughs it off. This Bond is like nothing we're seen before. He's raw and bloody, but also charismatic in a real sadistic way. You empathise with Bond, and really root for him. unlike the other films where you know he'll win, this time you're pretty convinced hes going to *beep* up. This comes through at the end when spoiler...spoiler Bond is actually *beep* but still has to save the day.

But Bond 23 is 100% happening, after the screening people were like: "Is that the last one?" It ain't, it's just the producers way of rounding off the Vesper story. Vesry good film, maybe not as good a 'Bond film' as CR, it spoiler...spoiler...
But as a Bond it is by far superoir to CR, it works better if you view it outside the series as it is so different from anything the Bond team have done beofre. I loved The Dark Knight like it was one of my own, but this is by far better.

With these two sentences, he is loosing it totally. I didn´t read the middle part myself, but if what I did get from the reactions of the others is true, they came up with some surprising solutions.
Losing it indeed - sounds like he is tying himself in knots. Thanks for the scoop GG!
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I havent read the spoilers as well (only complimentary 4 Dan :wink: ) but I'd have loved to read about other people's opinions more. A spoiler free review would have been better.
I didn't like the fact that it not so bondian though :( I just can feel 'Bourne rip off!' screeming :(
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Gemma Arterton already brushes off the critics and Bond Girl curse

The curse of the Bond girls is all too real, reports Times Online. So when Gemma Arterton first heard she had landed the role of Tess of the d’Urbervilles while still filming as Agent Fields in "Quantum of Solace", she literally screamed with joy.

“I thought, ‘Now I can show everybody I can act,’ ” she explains. “Although, in Bond, my character’s cool. She’s not a typical Bond girl: she’s funny, and real, and someone you could know from down the road. I’m quite tough — I have to arrest Bond at one point — but I go to bed with him, of course. So it is a good part.” And she looks conspiratorial. “But more than anything, it’s so that my grandkids can say their gran was a Bond girl. They’ll be, like, ‘Look at her now. You’d never know.’ ”

So, how is she preparing for the autumn of Arterton, when the legend her grandchildren will tell is created? “By going to Morocco and escaping from it all — I’m going to be in the depths of the souk. In a hut,” she giggles. “All the reviews will come out and I’ll be in a hut. Because I read every review, I can’t help myself. I’ve read so many bad ones now — people saying such horrible things about me as a person.”

Such as? “Oh my God, I have been told that I’m hideous, not to Bond-girl standard, that the only reason I’m working is because I must be shagging someone in the industry . . . I’ve read that everywhere. At first, I was like, ‘I’m an actress, I went to drama school, I did theatre, I’m serious.’ And then you go, ‘Ah, it’s some fat twat with no life who wrote that, so they can sod off.’ I’ll just do my work, which I seem to be getting, and see what happens.”

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6680
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Lu

Post by Lu »

Okay, i read the whole thing, cause I'm not really a "bond" fan anyway, I'll only be in the theater to perv on Daniel, but anyway, it sounds really wild! As in, not typical Bond. If this is in fact a real review, it sounds so Marc Forster, all emo. I can't believe there is twice the action with all this emo stuff going on, maybe they just meant there's not so much sitting around a card table as in CR.

I can't wait to see it. I think Daniel will be SO ANGRY in this movie, from start to finish. OMG, I will be on angry Daniel overdose. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My books!

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... olace.html.

DC has this to say about doing the stunts: 'But it's important you also feel the vulnerability. It's like what Harrison Ford does so brilliantly. You're not sure he's going to get it right.'
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Nice article. I love to hear/read DC's reflection on things - it's so well said and interesting.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Do both Bond girls die ? I thought agent Fields dies.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

laredo wrote:Do both Bond girls die ? I thought agent Fields dies.
Take it with a BIIG grain of salt, Laredo. The guy that posted it, has disappeared altogether and people start to see faults in his construction as well as missing important sequences.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Australian film distributors not happy with studio release schedules

This week, Australian distributors were given three-hour sessions to hawk their wares to the country's cinema owners and managers, promotional partners and media - reports The Australian.

The presentations are also intended for each other, which makes for some interesting competitive sniping.

That sniping intensified with 20th Century Fox's decision to move the release of Baz Luhrmann's Australia back two weeks to November 26.

That clashes with Sony Pictures' new James Bond film, Quantum Of Solace.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6683

Many cinema owners are annoyed, and Sony's Stephen Basil-Jones half-jokingly referred to the change as "mindless", "arrogant" and "just not cricket". There will be scheduling problems aplenty at Australian cinemas on the last weekend in November.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Sony unveil details of massive Bond campaign

Sony Corporation unveiled a global marketing campaign featuring Daniel Craig as James Bond. The campaign, which takes the Bond persona beyond the big screen into another realm, was developed for Sony Corporation as an artistic and thematic extension of the upcoming Bond film, Quantum of Solace, which will be released in theaters worldwide by Sony Pictures this November. Designed to highlight Sony’s High Definition product capabilities, the campaign provides a global platform for consistent brand messaging, while allowing each region to customize elements based on local market preferences - reports Sony Insider.

“Sophistication, quality and international appeal make James Bond a perfect fit with the Sony brand,” said Andrew House, Chief Marketing Officer, Sony Corporation. “This is the first time we have integrated our film and electronics marketing efforts at such a deep level, bringing together Sony’s leadership in high definition with one of the world’s most powerful movie franchises. Sony is unique in its ability to create a global marketing campaign that combines technological innovation with entertainment content in this way.”

The campaign will launch in September and will roll out worldwide throughout the fall, timed to coincide with the film’s release. Elements include broadcast, digital, outdoor, print and retail ads promoting Sony’s BRAVIA® LCD flat-panel televisions, Blu-ray Disc™ Players, Handycam® camcorders, Cyber-shot® digital still cameras and VAIO® computers.

Additionally, Sony Style® online stores in Europe will offer licensed 007 products including VAIO computers and Micro Vault® USB storage media. In North America, Sony will offer licensed 007 products including VAIO computers and Micro Vault media, with VAIO computers available only in Sony Style retail and direct online at sonystyle.com.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6686
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Lu wrote:Okay, i read the whole thing, cause I'm not really a "bond" fan anyway, I'll only be in the theater to perv on Daniel, but anyway, it sounds really wild! As in, not typical Bond. If this is in fact a real review, it sounds so Marc Forster, all emo. I can't believe there is twice the action with all this emo stuff going on, maybe they just meant there's not so much sitting around a card table as in CR.

I can't wait to see it. I think Daniel will be SO ANGRY in this movie, from start to finish. OMG, I will be on angry Daniel overdose.
What did he say about humour? It worries me that they'll make it very serious and not as antertaining as CR... Action, drama and humour were so well mixed in that one so is it possible to be done once again? And this comparison with TDK makes me worry a lot more unfortunately...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:
Lu wrote:Okay, i read the whole thing, cause I'm not really a "bond" fan anyway, I'll only be in the theater to perv on Daniel, but anyway, it sounds really wild! As in, not typical Bond. If this is in fact a real review, it sounds so Marc Forster, all emo. I can't believe there is twice the action with all this emo stuff going on, maybe they just meant there's not so much sitting around a card table as in CR.

I can't wait to see it. I think Daniel will be SO ANGRY in this movie, from start to finish. OMG, I will be on angry Daniel overdose.
What did he say about humour? It worries me that they'll make it very serious and not as antertaining as CR... Action, drama and humour were so well mixed in that one so is it possible to be done once again? And this comparison with TDK makes me worry a lot more unfortunately...
Don´t worry, there is humour, I just read a new bit :oops: that appeared, but they do it different and I think Agent Fields will have the lighter touched scenes with Bond. :D

Under this link are more huge spoilers about the Opera sequence and it seems, the review is genuine after all as he knows details, that only the extras can know or someone, who has seen the film.

http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=43992&start=30

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Elvenstar wrote:

Don´t worry, there is humour, I just read a new bit :oops: that appeared, but they do it different and I think Agent Fields will have the lighter touched scenes with Bond. :D

Under this link are more huge spoilers about the Opera sequence and it seems, the review is genuine after all as he knows details, that only the extras can know or someone, who has seen the film.

http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=43992&start=30
Can't read it, can't read it. I wonder why this writer is the only one that seems to be snitching about the plot, didn't anyone else see the pre-screening or are they under NDA and he chose not to honour it?