Paparazzi Pics

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Ingrid72

Post by Ingrid72 »

oops
Last edited by Ingrid72 on Tue May 03, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

A couple of pages ago, I tried to have us stop at a certain point, before it got out of hand. Must say, I didn't need to worry. 3 pages further on, really addressing things and still we have a reasonable tone. I think and I hope that doesn't sound cheesy or so, but we can be proud. I also like, that members like Tampa, who don't say a lot, post their opinion and that there seems less fear to join the conversation.
That was a nice easter present we gave to ourselves. :thumbup:

I must say, I have no idea, how other celebs dress in their private outings, only remember Pitts terrible facial hair and Depps crazy looks. As so often, I am in the middle with my opinion. I can accept his dress code as it is and it doesn't take away my pleasure in seeing him, but am also really looking forward to see him dressed a tad more careful and with more interest. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

khenton

Post by khenton »

Ingrid72 wrote: Only thing what i noticed is that Rachel some how likes the attention of the papz now but than again the way i see it to my lens.
And if i'am looking deep down my heart from the beginning i have a strange feeling about this relationship what it is i don't know, that's why i sit back and watch the show passing by.
yes, Daniel looked unhappy for months and sometimes he still does but often now there is a smile, so i hope for his sake he is happy.
hugs to you all
A very insightful post. Sometimes others say out loud (and say it quite well) what has also been lurking in the back of my mind. Human nature being what it is (suspicious) and being from Missouri (stubborn) I am just going to have to be shown more before I get on the rw bandwagon.

Thanks for the post and I don't think anyone is really mad just really, really opinionated. Which in my books is okay. It makes for good relationships. K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

khenton wrote:
Ingrid72 wrote: Only thing what i noticed is that Rachel some how likes the attention of the papz now but than again the way i see it to my lens.
And if i'am looking deep down my heart from the beginning i have a strange feeling about this relationship what it is i don't know, that's why i sit back and watch the show passing by.
yes, Daniel looked unhappy for months and sometimes he still does but often now there is a smile, so i hope for his sake he is happy.
hugs to you all
A very insightful post. Sometimes others say out loud (and say it quite well) what has also been lurking in the back of my mind. Human nature being what it is (suspicious) and being from Missouri (stubborn) I am just going to have to be shown more before I get on the rw bandwagon.

Thanks for the post and I don't think anyone is really mad just really, really opinionated. Which in my books is okay. It makes for good relationships. K
Yup - so let me ask this, because I so don't see it. Do I understand right, that you feel, she is enjoying the pap attention?
From all the pics, with and without Daniel (those with Darren or walking Henry to school) 80% of it, she looks rather displeased with getting papped to me.
How I perceive her so far - she is far from being an attention whore. Since some think, she isn't dressing too well, wouldn't that be contra productive? Wouldn't she dress up, when she wanted to gain positive attention for herself?

..and why now? I feel, its save to say, that nobody here followed her before DC time - so how can there a comparison being made? :dunno: :wink:
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I question R's new relationship with the papz. Before D, there were photos of her pointing them out to her son in a friendly way. She was obviously not happy about their presence in the most recent pics with Henry. We don't know if they were shouting out 'Where's Daniel?' though.

I think she's pleased as punch to be seen with Daniel, just to let the world know he's hers. That's only natural. I think Daniel being Daniel (and it's only going to get exponentially worse with his new blockbusters coming out and his new 1+1=3 powercouple status), wants to give the press as little of his private self as possible; hence the baseball hat (with bill) and glasses. It's also clear he's doing his best to avoid handing the papz a 'nice' photo of the two of them; i.e., one eunncumbered with some sort of face shielding prop. He doesn't want their relationship to be referred to as a combined name.

As much as someone can say another can't make someone do what they
don't want to do, I absolutly feel that D's fierce fight for privacy has affected
the way R acts toward them now. Who knows if she's enjoying the extra attention, but I can't help but think she's enjoying being held by the hand and in the company of Daniel at events like a Broadway show. She has caught the most attractive and perhaps the sweetest fish in the sea. Millions of women around the world would love to be in those black shoes of hers. From his perspective, the same goes for millions of men wanting to be in those brown shoes of his. Point is, they have it made, but Daniel's making it very difficult for the average folk like us to have one nice photo of them as a couple. As much as I hate it, its one of the things I love about him.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sf....you keep asking and asking, and poor Sab ends up (often) a mostly lone voice, and so I offer an answer from me too.

First - why I don't like RW.

When DH was announced I had to :-k to remember who she was and the only thing I had seen her in was the The Mummy movies l and ll. I really didn't like her in those (bossy voice and terrible over-acting IMO), and so long before before this roadshow hit the headlines, I had a not particularly positive view of her.

But then, and as I said to someone off-forum way back in January, I thought it not fair to judge her on so little, so I borrowed from the central borough library and from Blockbusters DVD-hire, as many of her films as I could get may hands on - and it was hard to get them. She may be popular elsewhere, but here in my part of London, there was little on offer.

So I also trawled Youtube for snippets of films I couldn't get and watching what interviews I could find, etc., and came to the conclusion that she did nothing for me. At the end of all that viewing, my feeling was "Next!". She just leaves me totally unmoved. Sf.....you once commented on how you felt about Matt Damon. I'm not sure I feel that strongly, but I can relate to where you are coming from with a feeling of "whatever".

But, and I have said this before, but I think memory of that has been lost in the mists of time......if she makes Daniel truly and genuinely happy, then that is great and I am pleased for him. But.....in order to love him, I don't have to be her fan too.

Second question....

As for your question regarding "what if it were (e.g.) the make up artist".

Irrelevant to whether a new relationship happened before or after his split from Sats, for me it would totally depend on the woman. It may be that "imaginary woman" would leave me cold as RW or it may be that I might look at her and think "She's intriguing, I think I might like her".

Either way, that would not change my thinking that the time-line of them getting together is "iffy" - that whole thorny subject is a something seperate from the personality of the woman concerned.

Looking purely at the woman concerned, if I warm to her, then I warm her.......if I don't, then I don't.

Leading on from that, I don't see why Sats should be relegated to a closet. But it's not a case of holding candle-lit vigils for her or sitting in mourning for her.

It is a fact that she was one of maybe two central figures of his life for 6 years, and there are hundreds of beautiful pics and red carpet vids of Daniel from those years with her at his side, surely it is peculiar not to acknowledge that.

It is natural (for some of us anyway) to compare Daniel as he is today with how he was back then. Has he changed.....and if so, how? Does he look happier and more content....or less happy? How is he handling these changes? Will it affect which roles he picks? How can those comparisons be made if one of the benchmarks of the comparison (Sats) is ignored.

Airbrushing Sats away is as impractical as trying to ignore RW, especially as there are 5 years (minimum) more history with Sats, than there are to compare the Daniel of today with.

The subject has often been discussed in the past as to how he changed between the Heike years and the Sats years and how Heike herself was different from Sats. This is no different, only now it is Sats and RW, rather than Heike and Sats. If people are interested, then I can't see anything wrong with putting Heike in the mix too, and comparing Heike-Daniel with Sat-Daniel as well as with RW-Daniel.

Anyway - that's my 2cents for what they are worth.

tampa wrote:Depp is not a "leading man." When he tried to play that role in the Tourist, he failed. Pitt constantly appears in a tux at tons of public appearances with Jolie and cleans up well. When is the last time DC looked good and dressed his age in a public pic. Looking smart was a major part of his appeal with the public when he broke through with Bond. He needs to get back to that. he's got 4 films he needs to sell, or he'll be back to just making small independent films. Maybe that's what he wants.
In which case, I am all for him dressing as sloppy as he can! I would love him to be the true thespian he once was, which is where I believe his true talent lay. But I know I am in the tiny minority (probably of one!) here on that score. :wink:

BTW - I do see what you mean tampa. I'm usually not bothered by his "down time" clothes, he often looks very cute with beanie hats, sloppy-joe t-shirts, jeans and trainers, especially his converse boots. He was dressed down on St Patrick's Day and still looked lovely. But too often he is looking rather raddled these days imo.

Some of it, I think, is the constant travelling and living out of a suitcase, running from one airport to another. But in these NY shots, surely there is no excuse for looking so dilapidated. He can do weird and wonderful dress-down as superbly as he can do a mind-blowing tuxedo.....but in these he just looks bedraggled.

I'm not too bothered about that he isn't dressing for others, or not dressing as an A-lister - - he has never done that, and I don't think he should if he doesn't want to.

But lately, to me......he just looks like he is not taking care of himself properly, and that causes me concern.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I really can't understand what all the fuss is about. Yes, he could have dessed up a bit and left the baseball cap at home. But really, is it such a big deal? After all, it's not a big film premiere and if you look at the clothes come of the cast wore to it, half of them were in jeans.
He's obviously comfortable. Maybe he thinks he blends in more. Who knows? He'll be sure to scrub up well when he needs to!
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

sf2la wrote:$ab, I do want to say that I appreciate you expressing your opinion, unlike some others who feel the same way as you but won't say anything. You have the guts to get it out there for discussion. Thank you.
I will reply in a longer and a proper way lately:
but i'm not pulling myself out of the discussion since i have a lot to say.

Happy Easter,resurrection on Earth for the Sould of the Brave,Resurrection from the flesh that Santify the Soul.
Santify Yourself,.lift eyes to the Sky be happy with what you own today,say Thanks to God for what you own today.Thanks God to be Alive and Healthy.
Happy Easter.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote: But lately, to me......he just looks like he is not taking care of himself properly, and that causes me concern.
This might just be so and I can hear you, but for me, this has started around 09 already and you should have seen him during ASR :lol: OMG - 2nd time at the stage door, he looked way worse dressed then in the premier pics. I could go and search for pap pics from 09, but i am too lazy for that, just saying, I noticed his change of dress code for a longer time now.
As the main source for his pup years, you might agree, that this could be the REAL Daniel back to his dress code roots and his attitude towards dressing in general.(Throwing it all on the floor etc) This is the man, who goes to festivals and whatnot with spotted T-Shirts and holes and whatnot - and this is not THAT long ago - early 2000.

So to me there are two options - he is careless, because he isn't happy and can't be bothered or he has morved into his real self again over the last 2 years and dressing up doesn't hold the excitement anymore it had for a while. To me its the latter, because from reports for example during ASR (also some private ones over a source) he was one happy bunny during that play and still dressed like a slop.

Lately, thank god, he seems to be back to being happy again - based on on set pics and even smiling for the paps at times plus filling up that face of his.

I am not particularly fond of this way of clothing, but not particularly bothered by it either, but I really believe, he has taken off the last of those bondages, he might have felt after CR - being Bond and all and back to what its been for him all along. Not a subject of particular interest. IF true, its a good thing.

Of course, its all assumptions based on my personal perception of him and the events over the last 4 1/2 years.
Sylvia's girl wrote: He's obviously comfortable.
To me, this holds some truth, based on above..
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

My 2 cents... I don't mind if Daniel wants to dress down. Do we really expect him to be walking around in a Brioni suit or a DJ and black tie every day of his life?? Daniel is a casual guy and shouldn't have to pander to anyone but himself. Besides which, if he was attending a premiere of one of his own films, he would always be immaculately turned out. My only concern now is that point that {{JEC}} has raised - if he is not turning out as we are used to seeing him and looking a bit more raffish than normal, could that be indicative of an underlying source of unhappiness??? I hope the answer to that question is no. All I can say is, as a fellow piscean, when I am unhappy or depressed about anything, I really don't care about my appearance and I end up throwing any old tat on of a morning just to get out the front door.......
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote: But lately, to me......he just looks like he is not taking care of himself properly, and that causes me concern.
This might just be so and I can hear you, but for me, this has started around 09 already and you should have seen him during ASR :lol: OMG - 2nd time at the stage door, he looked way worse dressed then in the premier pics. I could go and search for pap pics from 09, but i am too lazy for that, just saying, I noticed his change of dress code for a longer time now.
As the main source for his pup years, you might agree, that this could be the REAL Daniel back to his dress code roots and his attitude towards dressing in general.(Throwing it all on the floor etc) This is the man, who goes to festivals and whatnot with spotted T-Shirts and holes and whatnot - and this is not THAT long ago - early 2000.

So to me there are two options - he is careless, because he isn't happy and can't be bothered or he has morved into his real self (like it or not) again over the last 2 years and dressing up doesn't hold the excitement anymore it had for a while. To me its the latter, because from reports for example during ASR (some private ones over a source) he was one happy bunny during that play and still dressed like a slop.

I am not particularly fond of this way of clothing, but I really believe, he has taken off the last of those bondages, he might have felt after CR - being Bond and all and back to what its been for him all along. Not a subject of particular interest.
I know what you mean - spotty t-shirts etc.

But to me he looks bedraggled rather than just unkempt. There is an "uncared-for himself" aura to him sometimes these days.

He often looked fizzy and devil-may-care with his holey and spotty pup clothes, (and ASR too) but now he just - sometimes - looks "worn".

Not sure I'm making a lot of sense. :?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Jec, you mentioned that you couldn't find any of RW's films. There are plenty available to Play.com and Amazon. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote: He often looked fizzy and devil-may-care with his holey and spotty pup clothes, (and ASR too) but now he just - sometimes - looks "worn".

Not sure I'm making a lot of sense. :?
I would agree, that he did look worn for most of last year, but its getting visibly better IMO. I like actually, how he looks these days, smiling (often), fuller face again and all, which is the most important part and makes me believe, its (the relationship) is going more into the direction of becoming the comfort zone he needs.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Jec, you mentioned that you couldn't find any of RW's films. There are plenty available to Play.com and Amazon. :wink:
Thanks S-G.:wave:

Unfortunately I don't have much money to throw around, and didn't want to buy her films before seeing them first and making sure whether I would like to own them or not.

Especially as my sole previous experience was The Mummy movies and I didn't like her in those. :wink: