Paparazzi Pics

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

purple

Post by purple »

Aaaawwwww GG even I think this is sweet :)
Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote: I hope Swift was ironic. ..
Well, it's pretty obvious he was ironic, I'd say. Swift intended to satirize both women’s vain attempts to match an ideal image and men’s expectation that that illusion be real. Swift was ironic, sarcastic and balancing on the verge of grotesque in the poem.

I'm not into romcoms, but some of them are pretty good, e.g. You've got Mail, Bridget Jones, Notting Hill, it Happened One Night with Clark Gable, As Good as it Gets, just to name a few.

Of course the romcom genre has nothing to do with Swift ;)
purple

Post by purple »

I was hoping to hear that, Alina, with respect to Swift...I liked that poem in this vein.

Now if you liked It happened one night, may I suggest Midnight with Claudette Colbert? I thought it was much better :D I terms of romcoms I only have three titles on my list: Only You (Robert Downey Jr), Under the Tuscan Sun and Down with Love (which is not exactly a romcom but rather an ironic a bit over-the-top parody of 60s movies; sweet and fun to watch).
Alina

Post by Alina »

Oh yes, Under the Tuscan Sun is beautiful :)
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try to watch Midnight. I'm not into Robert Downey Jr though.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am right now going through those old 40's films. Some of them are very good with quirky dialogues.

My favourite newer romcom deffo is "Sleepless in Seattle". Loving everything about the film.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

I found Midnight on YT (as trivia Midnight was the reason I learned how to un-code my dvd player since I could only find a dvd for region 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPA1m51c ... A0A50D0CCE
purple

Post by purple »

Ooooh yes I love those 40s films: Philadelphia story, Bringing up baby, actually almost everything with Cary Grant :jump:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: Did the same thing. Now ttrying for Tuscan Sun, but seems, you have to click an inner link and with that, I am always suspicious.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

purple wrote:Ooooh yes I love those 40s films: Philadelphia story, Bringing up baby, actually almost everything with Cary Grant :jump:
They ARE surprisingly good - well, some are. Jimmi Stewart is another jewel. Barbara Stanwyjk, Paulette Goddard etc are strong actresses. There is a lot to discover for sure.

We could revive this thread and share our sugggestions. Just buumped it.
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... 293#376293

purple

Post by purple »

Yes William Powell and Myrna Loy, Katharine Hepburn, Rosalind Russel, Joan Fontaine, my fav Bette Davis (she is my female DC :oops:)...

Both Only You and Tuscan Sun take place in Italy so there you go, this is my inner click :lol: Because of Only You I discovered Sorrento, Capri, the Amalfi Coast, Ravello...
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
purple wrote:I don't know Bee when it comes to romcoms I think I am tired of sweet pink unrealistic stories. I supoose that I am in one of those periods when it doesn't feel like escapism it just feels frustrating. But it is true that I have always been more on the dark/gritty/noir/sarcastic side. And I prefer not having a happy ending.
I'm not a romcom kind of gal either.....
unless there is nothing else on the tv. :wink:
I agree....

Rom coms need to be FUNNY. "Devil Wears Prada", "How to lose a guy..."... now they were good. I thought "Bridesmaids" was pretty bad. Maybe I just don't appreciate 'low brow'... :oops: :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Not a pap pic, but here's our man, pic taken last night in O'Sheas Bar in Sneem. :D Shame the quality is poor.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

God, he looks perrrrfect. :thud:

But the hair is shooort :lol: Thanks so much, our Sylvia, for keeping up with all those tweets. Means a lot.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:God, he looks perrrrfect. :thud:

But the hair is shooort :lol: Thanks so much, our Sylvia, for keeping up with all those tweets. Means a lot.
My pleasure, found it on facebook. :D
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Oh the hair is perfect!!!! :thud: