SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I'm little confused too.. Since I've read somewhere that they had started filming Bond 23. But I think Duffy would be great for a Bond theme.
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

PhoenixMagicBondGirl wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but has there been an official announcement saying that Daniel will do Bond 23? If so, doesn't he get a say in whether or not he wants to do the film or not based upon the script, whether it is finished or not? I hope my questions made sense!
No official statement yet, but there was never an indication, he wouldn´t be in the next installment. How much input he has in generell can only be assumed, but I feel, its quite a bit by now. They know, that making him unhappy wouldn´t serve their cause well... :wink:

I think the unfinished script of QOS was solely due to the strike. They were in the middle of preps and couldn´t just stop the machine - so they had to go with what they had and make the best of it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

PhoenixMagicBondGirl

Post by PhoenixMagicBondGirl »

Germangirl wrote:
PhoenixMagicBondGirl wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but has there been an official announcement saying that Daniel will do Bond 23? If so, doesn't he get a say in whether or not he wants to do the film or not based upon the script, whether it is finished or not? I hope my questions made sense!
No official statement yet, but there was never an indication, he wouldn´t be in the next installment. How much input he has in generell can only be assumed, but I feel, its quite a bit by now. They know, that making him unhappy wouldn´t serve their cause well... :wink:

I think the unfinished script of QOS was solely due to the strike. They were in the middle of preps and couldn´t just stop the machine - so they had to go with what they had and make the best of it.
Do we have an idea of when there will be an official announcement made?
"I go through life thinking it's all going to end tomorrow."

Charlie Crews: "People live through a lot of things you never thought they could."

House: "Everybody lies"
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:

Barbara Broccoli would not let Daniel go without a fight!!!! :) BB LOVES Daniel (like all smart women) and I don't believe she would ever want to stop him from playing Bond. Daniel himself is the only one who would take himself out of the running when he's had enough and - judging by recent interviews - he has no plans to hang up the shoulder holster just yet! That sounds good to me. I just wish that 2011 didn't feel like a lifetime away. 2009 is going slow enough as it is...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NextBondGirl wrote: I just wish that 2011 didn't feel like a lifetime away. 2009 is going slow enough as it is...
Now there is hope for a 2010 release again. They Do have 7 months. I only go by the fanboy statements and hopes (CBN and MI6) and it seems a 2010 is not out of reach. Would be nice, but knowing there will be a next one is good enough for me right now. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Wasn't he contracted for one, if it went well he would get two more. Wasn't that the initial deal?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Wasn't he contracted for one, if it went well he would get two more. Wasn't that the initial deal?
He got the normal 3 and 1 contract from what I know - that all of them have had. But from what he said, it not worth the paper its on. So, it seems, they all have agreed to go one by one. Since QOS was a success, they will go on...

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

he's signed to do 2 more for sure.
Though it's been suggested he is someway committed to do a 5th, but that's not been confirmed.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Aman wrote:he's signed to do 2 more for sure.
Though it's been suggested he is someway committed to do a 5th, but that's not been confirmed.
Till his late 40s, early 50s thereabouts. Same as Pierce. He also seems savvy enough to step away - just at the point that his star is in its pinnacle.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From The Sunday Times
May 24, 2009
The family who do stunts for James Bond
Fred or 'Nosher', Dennis or 'Dinny' and Greg and Gary Powell have stood in for 007s from Sean Connery to Daniel Craig
http://commanderbond.net/components/qui ... item=54591

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Nice article :D! It's great we have such fantastic persons who do this important job. I have a huge respect for them.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems 2011 is confirmed. From CBN - ah well, better late than never and if they use the time wisely....

http://www.jamesbond.no/visnyheter.asp?lala=0&aid=414

The owner of the Norwegian website jamesbond.no, John Berge, had a brief chat with MGW at BFI last weekend, where, among other things, the following is said:

Interviewer: But when will the film be released, will we have to wait until 2011?
Wilson: Yes, I can confirm that. We need more time and don't want to stress things.

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote: Interviewer: But when will the film be released, will we have to wait until 2011?
Wilson: Yes, I can confirm that. We need more time and don't want to stress things.
Probably a wise thing to do, and maybe by then it'll be easier to get a good budget.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Interviewer: But when will the film be released, will we have to wait until 2011?
Probably a wise thing to do, and maybe by then it'll be easier to get a good budget.
Ahem and a good script, editor, director ... :wink:
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

bumblebee wrote:
Anglophile wrote:
Ahem and a good script, editor, director ... :wink:
That too, IF there's a good budget :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~