SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

khenton

Post by khenton »

I am recrossing my already crossed fingers. K.
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Thanks GG. In the Telegraph article that got deleted he was quoted as saying that he wanted to do a third movie to "close the circle" or something like that.

Could that mean that he really is only signed up or committed to 3?
bubita

Post by bubita »

:evil: sort things out soon you bastards!!!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Thanks GG. In the Telegraph article that got deleted he was quoted as saying that he wanted to do a third movie to "close the circle" or something like that.

Could that mean that he really is only signed up or committed to 3?
He is committed to 3 with an option for another - its the usual contract for Bond actors.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

mburns wrote:Did'nt Barbara Broccoli say Daniel would be in the the next few Bond movies? He might be like like Roger Moore and Sean Connery and do more than 4?
Of course, they can always do more :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I guess he meant that he would like to do at least three, or else he would feel his work on Bond is incomplete.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

At least his fears about being typecast as Bond, and only Bond, were eliminated some time ago. Taking that role was the best thing he could have done for his career; I can't imagine he'd not want to do it until it doesn't feel right anymore. And Sean Connery was so many things besides Bond. Roger Moore, no... :wink:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Summit walks away from MGM talks, leaves Spyglass lone front-runner http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... um=twitter
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Summit walks away from MGM talks, leaves Spyglass lone front-runner http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... um=twitter
I take this as a good thing - the fewer choices they have, the more they might be able to FINALLY MAKE a choice.

khenton

Post by khenton »

Can you hear my foot tapping. Come on guys. Let's get this opus on the move. I want more of my fav bond. K.
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

I'm really tired fo MgM...i want Bond back..i cannot believe how jinxed am i..after ten years of Brosnan ordeal i can't belive that Bond get caught again into financial problems just when finally the actor is good to me ,as happened in late 80's when Dalton took the Bond role... :roll:
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... m-coo.html

Spyglass Entertainment founders Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum have signed a non-binding letter of intent to take over the management of MGM as co-chairmen and co-CEOs, according to people familiar with the deal.

The Spyglass executives have also been in talks with veteran Hollywood business executive Ken Schapiro to come aboard the near bankrupt studio as chief operating officer once they take the reins.

Schapiro is partnered with Amir Malin in private media investment fund Qualia Capital, which earlier this year proposed restructuring MGM with a $500 -million cash infusion to keep the studio alive as a scaled-back operation. If Shapiro joins the new MGM, Qualia could become involved in a recapitalization of the studio after its creditors convert nearly $4 billion in debt to equity as part of a pre-packaged bankruptcy, people close to the situation suggested. Schapiro did not return a call seeking comment.

Under Barber and Birnbaum, MGM would need a large cash infusion to fund production of new movies including a planned James Bond sequel and two films based on "The Hobbit" to be co-financed with Warner Bros. The Spyglass executives intend to dramatically slim down MGM from its current 450 employees and to outsource domestic distribution of its movies to another major studio.

Before Barber and Birnbaum can assume control of MGM, however, the studio's more than 100 debt owners and board of directors must approve the deal and file the pre-packaged bankruptcy.

The timeline is unclear though the clock is ticking. MGM's sixth forbearance on interest payments on its debt load expires Sept. 15. But, that deadline would likely need to be extended once again in order to complete the Spyglass deal.

Spyglass did not return a call seeking comment.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... m-coo.html

Spyglass Entertainment founders Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum have signed a non-binding letter of intent to take over the management of MGM as co-chairmen and co-CEOs, according to people familiar with the deal.

The Spyglass executives have also been in talks with veteran Hollywood business executive Ken Schapiro to come aboard the near bankrupt studio as chief operating officer once they take the reins.

Schapiro is partnered with Amir Malin in private media investment fund Qualia Capital, which earlier this year proposed restructuring MGM with a $500 -million cash infusion to keep the studio alive as a scaled-back operation. If Shapiro joins the new MGM, Qualia could become involved in a recapitalization of the studio after its creditors convert nearly $4 billion in debt to equity as part of a pre-packaged bankruptcy, people close to the situation suggested. Schapiro did not return a call seeking comment.

Under Barber and Birnbaum, MGM would need a large cash infusion to fund production of new movies including a planned James Bond sequel and two films based on "The Hobbit" to be co-financed with Warner Bros. The Spyglass executives intend to dramatically slim down MGM from its current 450 employees and to outsource domestic distribution of its movies to another major studio.

Before Barber and Birnbaum can assume control of MGM, however, the studio's more than 100 debt owners and board of directors must approve the deal and file the pre-packaged bankruptcy.

The timeline is unclear though the clock is ticking. MGM's sixth forbearance on interest payments on its debt load expires Sept. 15. But, that deadline would likely need to be extended once again in order to complete the Spyglass deal.

Spyglass did not return a call seeking comment.
Oh gosh, but then again, as long as they KNOW, its gonna happen and only takes more :roll: time to work it out properly, its all good and the production can start planning at least. Boy oh boy - now, that Tattoo is all set, I want Bond to be greenlit. :hyper: :brood: