'Bodas de sangre' - 1990

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

montana

'Bodas de sangre' - 1990

Post by montana »

As I found yesterday reading a newspaper article,that Daniel performed this play in Valencia, Spain, back in 1990!! The play is based on a poem by spanish Federico Garcia Lorca.

Here's a picture:

and the full articule (in spanish): http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/no ... to-carrera

I will try to find more info later...who knows what we can find..LOL :D
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

The National Youth Theatre toured in Spain and Russia while Daniel was there. Absolutely fabulous to get a photo of that period!! Thanks!

Grip
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

WOW, Montana!

What a great find! Thanks!

It's a shame that I don't understand spanish :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Thanks a lot for the great find. Wish I understood more Spanish. Fortunately there's a guy in my class who can translate the article for me....
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Good find , I wish someone could find something from Hurly Burly >
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

:shock: I wouldn't have recognised him in that picture, but that sure is a great find!
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

I adored this description of the character that Daniel played

Leonardo: dishonest, selfish. He was rejected by the parents of his first love. Deeply in love. He was not ashamed in leaving his wife and children to escape with the Bride. His character is similar to of this one: Unconscious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Wedding_(play)

Still to need to translate the text that put Montana? :?:
Last edited by Faustine on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Faustine wrote:Still to need to translate the text that put Montana? :?:

yes!

Faustine

Post by Faustine »

The note is a complete mess and contain some mistakes in dates and facts, for this I will tell what says. Sometimes is not a textual copy.

Craig remained in Valencia several months in 1990, when he came to present Blood Weddings in the Teatre Principal directed by Edward Wilson. There was a double montage of the play: Teatre Jove, a Valencian group and the National Youth Theatre.

Jaime Pujol, an Valencian group actor says: "I would be charmed with seeing Daniel, we have worked out very united, I was an assistant of Edward Wilson for "Blood Weddings" and then I mounted it with Valencian actors". Even I has "a video that they gave to me of the representation, is not a professional thing, it was to work with him". Seemingly Pujol was not invited to the premiere and was annoyed because of it.

Pujol remembers that "we did a good friendship" and of fact they have worked very close, here and in London. "Craig took me to a discotheque, it had been a theatre and they had removed the armchairs". When the actors of Teatre Jove were to London and represented in Romeo and Julieta. Pujol had been the only one in supporting the confidence, up to the point of remaining in his house.

Manuel Angel Conejero: "I was his coach for Leonardo's role". A role that the young actor played with many conviction, and the teacher and translator of Shakespeare (Conejero) indicates that "he was a great actor". Because in addition "he was a fresh person".

Craig, according to Alberto Mira, who was a translator of the actors, on having returned to the London drifted apart from the National Youth Theatre. And he gave a course to his career, had good performances in Angels in America and then in Cabaret, in New York, with Sam Mendes.

Cabaret in New York???? It´s possible?? :?: :?: :?:

About Pujol and Daniel in this discotheque....

Daniel 22 years old
Pujol 29 years old....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted

ImageImage
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Faustine wrote:Cabaret in New York???? It´s possible?? :?: :?: :?:
There was a 1987 Revival and 1998 Revival on Broadway. So far no mention of DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabaret_(musical)
Crazy!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:

Mendes directed it for tv in 93 with Alan Cummings , no Dan mentioned .
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

laredo wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:

Mendes directed it for tv in 93 with Alan Cummings, no Dan mentioned .
This it´s the reason about which I asked. The note does not seem me reliable. Thanks girls

6. Say what I’m thinking
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I thought I may as well post this here. I must admit I always thought it was from something other than Blood Wedding as indicated by that NYT tweet that Cass posted a few weeks ago. He doesn't look like anything like the pic from the article posted.

Germangirl

Re: 'Bodas de sangre' - 1990

Post by Germangirl »

montana wrote:As I found yesterday reading a newspaper article,that Daniel performed this play in Valencia, Spain, back in 1990!! The play is based on a poem by spanish Federico Garcia Lorca.

Here's a picture:

and the full articule (in spanish): http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/no ... to-carrera

I will try to find more info later...who knows what we can find..LOL :D
This girl COULD be Rachel, if you stretch it a bit andf its many years ago and they DID work together at that age, but I cannot find any other names of the play
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I thought I may as well post this here. I must admit I always thought it was from something other than Blood Wedding as indicated by that NYT tweet that Cass posted a few weeks ago. He doesn't look like anything like the pic from the article posted.

Yep, you are quite right. This is from Marat/Sade

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/thea ... rough.html

click to view the second pic....can't see any resemblance with the actress I know :lol:

But the caption at Daniel's pics seem accurate, because we have it undet Marat/Sade in the gallery and I know I had this info from a reliable source...I just can't remember where I got the info from

Blame old age :evil:
Last edited by Dunda on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.