JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

I saw plane tickets advertised LA to NY round trip $200. Do you think a person could take the red-eye to NY, see THE show and take to red-eye back? Then I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Cyanaurora wrote:I saw plane tickets advertised LA to NY round trip $200. Do you think a person could take the red-eye to NY, see THE show and take to red-eye back? Then I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel.
I guess this is really complicated and maybe impossible. Perhaps you can only book the show tickets in combination with a night in hotel. I don't know, but I can imagine that.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:I saw plane tickets advertised LA to NY round trip $200. Do you think a person could take the red-eye to NY, see THE show and take to red-eye back? Then I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel.
I guess this is really complicated and maybe impossible. Perhaps you can only book the show tickets in combination with a night in hotel. I don't know, but I can imagine that.
I don't think that :lol: :lol:

would be bad for all NY citizens or those who live near by...

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vesper Lynd 007

Dunda wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:

Not exactly that way, but similar :wink: :lol:.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:

Absolutely you could do this! What are 2 lost nights of sleep where DC is concerned!
Vesper Lynd 007

bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote: I guess this is really complicated and maybe impossible. Perhaps you can only book the show tickets in combination with a night in hotel. I don't know, but I can imagine that.

Absolutely you could do this! What are 2 lost nights of sleep where DC is concerned!
If you see it that way that's really true. You don't know how close you get and so this could be very worthwhile. Of course Dan will look a bit shocked if he sees you after two nights awake, but who cares :twisted: :lol:? And by the way this could be a chance to come with him, because he feels guilty and promises you a place in his bed or at least in his apartement :twisted: :lol:.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote: I guess this is really complicated and maybe impossible. Perhaps you can only book the show tickets in combination with a night in hotel. I don't know, but I can imagine that.

oops, my post seems to be predestinated to be misunderstood :lol: :lol: :lol:

what I meant is that I don't think that they sell the tickets with a night in hotel.... :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote:

Sure you can do this! I took a 5 AM flight from SF and arrived in NY at a relatively reasonable hour during the day. So, with this scenario, you will only forgo one nights sleep.
Crazy!
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Thanks for eveyones advice. I have previously booked a night in a hotel to get tickets to a sold out art show. So, maybe that's a possibility. But a quick trip sounds good. Less time missed at work, less wages lost. Now if we could just find out where and when to get tickets.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I had a conversation about the play with a neighbor yesterday. She's a huge Hugh Jackman fan. Just wanted to offer the information that she and her 'fan' friends are waiting as impatiently for news and tickets to become available as we are.
Crazy!
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

So I was cruising around the web and found a dialogue snippet from the play under this link:

http://www.chicagodramatists.org/catalo ... layid=1270

Also here's another link with a brief synopsis:

http://www.theatreinchicago.com/playdet ... layID=1915
Vesper Lynd 007

Zibzabzut wrote:So I was cruising around the web and found a dialogue snippet from the play under this link:

http://www.chicagodramatists.org/catalo ... layid=1270

Also here's another link with a brief synopsis:

http://www.theatreinchicago.com/playdet ... layID=1915
That sounds good :D. I'm really looking forward to this play :D. Thanks for the link :wink:.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Can an Australian and an English actor, under the direction of a Britiish director, capture the "pitch-perfect Chicago cop dialogue" as one critic described the Chicago Dramatist production of "A Steady Rain"?

The only thing I know of the world of policemen is what I see on television and in the movies. How true-to-life is that? So I'm no expert on whether the acting in a play captures the reality of this "cop" world. But, maybe it's true that the world of cops is the same all over - in Chicago, Sydney, and London.

So actors and a director from another country can intuitively understand what cops are like in Chicago? And their performance can be true, even though they haven't grown up or lived in Chicago?

It's interesting to note that John Crowley, who will direct the play on Broadway, also directed the award-winning play "The Pillowman" about a situation involving two policeman in an unnamed Eastern European totalitarian country. "The Pillowman" was produced in London first. Crowley was the director and also directed the play on Broadway but with American actors.

John Crowley was offered "A Steady Rain" because he had experience with the same police genre? Hugh Jackman and DC must know of John Crowley, although I don't think either has worked with him.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I thought Hugh's accent in Oklahoma was good , I've just never been crazy bout the few DC"s american attempts . I think both could play a cop fine . Chicago like NY or the south has an attitude . I'm sure he can do it , I just haven't seen it .
togal

Post by togal »

this news is so exciting. i think i may need to ask for a trip to nyc for my 40th b-day this fall. :D i wouldn't be surprised if the tickets were in the $200 range. :( i could manage to get there cheaply and maybe get a reasonable rate for a hotel on priceline but convincing my hubby that i need to go could prove to be a little more difficult.