Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:
This sounds exciting - this city really seems the place to be right now. Have fun!
I have to agree. I really can feel the excitement :D :wink:. Have lots of fun and show our man how we all support him :wink:.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Reviews - member and critics please here
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... d2679fc40c
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Just signed up for the backup as well.
I'm sooo sooo looking forward to your review, sf2la :D
And have a great time in NY :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I'm sooooo jealous, sf2la - have a fantastic time :D
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

I just signed up for the backup board,too.I hope it's OK.
Have a great time,sf2la! :D
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

OK, I know I am aobut a millon hours behind as usual.
But I am posting this anyway.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/A_ ... d_Theatre_
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think with all the upcoming info - we need to clearify some of the ASR threads.

Lets take this one only as discussion thread - even though reports will likely be discussed under their posts - but at least for nothing else, please.

Boss - your link is in the other ASR thread already. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sophie

Post by Sophie »

OMG only 3 weeks to wait! :shock:
I'm getting nervous, it's hard to concentrate at work, I'm always daydreaming...
Germangirl, on your new avatar, I noticed that Daniel and Sats are on the 45th street; the hotel I'll be staying at IS on that same street 8)
a few minutes from the theater; what if I see him during the day?? I have no idea how I would react...
you wanna do WHAT to me?
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

It is 4PM here west coast time, I promised GG I would keep my hands off the keyboard..LOL. inside joke. But I just logged in and read your post Sof. You are so kind, I probably will see all the reviews even though I don't want to. OMG, fashion week. AND, the fashionesta's are filming in NY "Sex in the City". WOW.
You are bound to run into some celeb's
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

will we bw getting reviews for the play tomorrow?
sf2la

Sept 10 performance

Post by sf2la »

I'm back from the play and used PMs to post my comments. I'll use the back-up board next time!

It's amazing they can remember all those lines. 90 minutes of non-stop talking between the two of them. I don't think I could ever memorize a script like that. Not even for whatever they are getting paid!

Oh, and not that it is important or matters, but re: the hotel room comment, it goes for over $2000 per night. Lots of typos in that update...aargh..
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Can't wait for the pm :D.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

The Playbill lists C.J. Wilson as Daniel's understudy. LOTS of NY theatre experience including Broadway and off-Broadway. Also TV stuff. But who cares???!!! How horrible it would be if one of us ended up having to see Daniel's understudy. Let's hope he stays healthy! C.J. isn't listed as Dan's understudy in IMDb yet.
It's the blonde guy on the left: http://www.berkshirefinearts.com/upload ... 948563.jpg

Hugh's understudy is Danny Mastrogiorgio. He has dark hair.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer or anything; but it's live theatre. ANYTHING could happen...so if it happens that one of the leads is out then yes it would be a disappointment, but look at it this way: your going to see a Broadway show! Do you know how many people dream of going to see a performance on the Great White Way? Even if he was out of a show people need to get over it and enjoy the performances that are given. But let's just keep happy thoughts that he won't get the piggy flu or literally break a leg or anything (neither of them! :roll: ).
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Reading some BWW.com reviews...and they think it's so-so. Granted everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I hope their just been harsh critics and the show is a little better then what some people are describing it as :? :roll:

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmess ... &boardid=1