Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

i not know why but i funny feeling about dream house.
i hope it right choice. :shock:
ImageImage
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

calypso wrote:i not know why but i funny feeling about dream house.
I know what you mean, Cal. Yes, it'll be brilliant to see Dan on the big screen again (as soon as possible, please!), but hope the film's worthy of helping him capitalise on the success he looks like he's having in NY
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Miss-Meow wrote:
I know what you mean, Cal. Yes, it'll be brilliant to see Dan on the big screen again (as soon as possible, please!), but hope the film's worthy of helping him capitalise on the success he looks like he's having in NY
For me, its once again the director, that got him into it and probably an ok to good script. Since he doesn´t seem to care at all about his further success and only, whether or not something seems interesting, you never know with him. He IS nervous about a film being successful or not - but on the other hand, never seems to really care about the bankability of a project, when deciding to do it. How will we ever understand this man - answer: NEVER! :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote:
For me, its once again the director, that got him into it and probably an ok to good script. Since he doesn´t seem to care at all about his further success and only, whether or not something seems interesting, you never know with him. He IS nervous about a film being successful or not - but on the other hand, never seems to really care about the bankability of a project, when deciding to do it. How will we ever understand this man - answer: NEVER! :(
Remember "The Invasion" Image (not a bad movie, but not what they signed up for)
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote: I know what you mean, Cal. Yes, it'll be brilliant to see Dan on the big screen again (as soon as possible, please!), but hope the film's worthy of helping him capitalise on the success he looks like he's having in NY
Remember "The Invasion" Image (not a bad movie, but not what they signed up for)
I can understand you all, but I don't see it that negative. Daniel needs a challenge and maybe it's not exactly what we expected, but nothing can't be that bad with him in. I know, sometimes his taste is strange, but he can't be that wrong. He mostly is very carefully and so I'm hopeful.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I think DC may have accepted this role because he is keen to work with Jim Sheridan who is a very respected director and is generally not associated with "shoddy" work. In fact, JS makes movies so rarely presumably because he is a perfectionist who will only make a movie if the script is 100%. Hopefully, this means the movie will be up to standard but I understand people's reservations. I saw a trailer for a movie called 'The Haunting in Connecticut' (or something similar) the other day. The story seemed to reflect the premise of 'Dream House' exactly and it was a formulaic horror thriller.

I am gagging to see Daniel do another movie with ANY storyline so I've no complaints yet. Hopefully, with Daniel and Jim's calibre and high reputation, it will prevent this movie from following a "standard" plot! :)
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

What she (NBG) said.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

If he shoots Dream House starting January 25, then it will probably premiere in the fall. What a long time to wait to see him onscreen in a new film. Rumors are that TinTin and Bond 23 won't be out until 2011.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

cornell01 wrote:If he shoots Dream House starting January 25, then it will probably premiere in the fall. What a long time to wait to see him onscreen in a new film. Rumors are that TinTin and Bond 23 won't be out until 2011.
This aren't just rumors anymore. It's a confirmed fact.
calypso

Post by calypso »

i have feeling charleze theron will be in lead role. i know not why. :shock:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:i have feeling charleze theron will be in lead role. i know not why. :shock:
Hm - could be worse, I feel. She can act given the right script - but I prefer to see him with brunettes, just to not have two blondes on the screen :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:i have feeling charleze theron will be in lead role. i know not why. :shock:
Hm - could be worse, I feel. She can act given the right script - but I prefer to see him with brunettes, just to not have two blondes on the screen :lol:
she dye her hair yes? :shock:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
SHE can do that - HE shouldn´t :evil:

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Hm - could be worse, I feel. She can act given the right script - but I prefer to see him with brunettes, just to not have two blondes on the screen :lol:
SHE can do that - HE shouldn´t :evil:
i agree yes? i wonder what look he will have this time? :shock: i can see him being nice and neat at beginning then turning into what darren looked like as things go worse in house?

my gods. :shock:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
i agree yes? i wonder what look he will have this time? :shock:
Maybe - for once - he will look like his normal self. Now that would be a treat :lol: But that´s probably too much to ask for, even though to be fair - he only went astraight for GC (Beard) and ASR recently - so NOT really a reason to complain, but I guess, we are all still a bit shocked by the stache :mrgreen: and I don´t even SEE that thing anymore.