Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I suppose it would be too soon after the play to do a stache in a movie . he hasn't before right ?
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Oh no! Please no mustache in the movie.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Laredo wrote:I suppose it would be too soon after the play to do a stache in a movie . he hasn't before right ?
I would thing even Daniel has had enough by then of all the fun and whatnot thrown at him for the stache. :wink: So, we might have a good chance to se him all natural for this film, also there seems to be no need at all for his character to look different.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
Laredo wrote:I suppose it would be too soon after the play to do a stache in a movie . he hasn't before right ?
I would thing even Daniel has had enough by then of all the fun and whatnot thrown at him for the stache. :wink: So, we might have a good chance to se him all natural for this film, also there seems to be no need at all for his character to look different.
:twisted:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
:twisted:
Well -yeah - that, too :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:Maybe - for once - he will look like his normal self. Now that would be a treat :lol:
You mean all stubbly and with bed hair? :twisted:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Maybe - for once - he will look like his normal self. Now that would be a treat :lol:
Oh :lol: is that what you consider his normal look? That´s maybe ONE of his normal looks, but I take a clean shaven, short cut DC after this any day - preferably.

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:
Anglophile wrote:
Oh :lol: is that what you consider his normal look? That´s maybe ONE of his normal looks, but I take a clean shaven, short cut DC after this any day - preferably.
After a full day of work he surely isn't so preferable :shock: :lol:. But I know what you mean :wink:.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id ... um=twitter

Daniel Craig will soon arrive at Pinewood Studios Toronto to star in Jim Sheridan's psychological thriller Dream House, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

In Dream House, Craig plays a man who moves his family to a quaint town, only to discover his house is haunted by former inhabitants who

The Morgan Creek feature is booked to shoot from January 25 to April 9, 2010 at the Toronto studio which is now managed by Pinewood Shepperton.

The trade reports that John Dowdle's Devil, part of M. Night Shyamalan's three-film financing/production partnership with Media Rights Capital is also shooting at Pinewood Studios Toronto until the end of the year.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I had a look at Jim Sheridan. He has a movie out soon, that gets some buzz, but still seems to be an underdog - filmwise - which sounds pretty much like DC to me - a director, who gets involved with difficult stuff. :lol: just his kind of guy...
There is new hope that this film will not be "just another hororr in the house film" as many fear. Both - DC and Sheridan don´t seem to be the kind of people making a one of a dozens film.

ahoo! Movies has just released a brand new full trailer for Brothers, which will be released nationwide on December 4. Click below to watch this latest video from Jim Sheridan's remake of the Danish film of the same name.
http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEqhXqsz7s7ztv

Tobey, Jake, Natalie and Oscar: O 'Brothers' where art thou?

With Lionsgate understandably basking in the glow of this weekend's $1.8-million, $100,000-per-screen, record-shattering opening of "Precious," the already stratospheric Oscar buzz is likely to soar even higher.
But do they have a second contender looming in the wings, and if so, why is no blogger buzzing about "Brothers" even with its Dec. 4 opening less than a month away?
This powerful and timely story of a decorated Marine, presumed dead in Afghanistan, who comes home to great conflict within his family and within his own head, is a poignant and explosive look at the toll that combat exacts from veterans' lives. It feels especially pertinent now in the wake of the Ft. Hood tragedy and shows that war doesn't really end for some vets once they return. It's an American remake of Susanne Bier's acclaimed 2004 Danish film, "Brodre."
The pedigree of the cast is certainly impressive. There's Tobey Maguire, Oscar nominee and Golden Globe winner Natalie Portman, BAFTA winner and Oscar nominee Jake Gyllenhaal, Oscar nominee Sam Shepard, Oscar nominee Mare Winningham and current awards season "it" girl for "An Education," Carey Mulligan.
The Oscar pedigree of the film's director, Jim Sheridan, is also dazzling. His films have earned 16 nominations, including nods for "In America," "In the Name of the Father" and "My Left Foot." He usually writes his own scripts, but this one was adapted by David Benioff from Bier's and Anders Thomas Jensen's original.
Sheridan received a tremendous ovation Sunday afternoon when he was introduced for a Q&A after a very well-received Directors Guild of America screening. The free-wheeling director engaged in a refreshingly honest and thoughtful conversation about the film's bumpy journey to being remade.

Sheridan pointed out that he doesn't normally like the idea of remakes, but this one seemed irresistible, if full of minefields. In the end he believes it is quite faithful to the spirit of the Danish original and said Relativity Media, which financed the film, even did research screenings on Bier's movie to get a take from an American audience for help in shaping the redo. He also mentioned there were some reshoots as he tried to get a grip on what the movie should be (although he couldn't recall the exact details of what he actually reshot).
The film was finished by November 2008 but Relativity agreed to hold it for a year to get just the right release date. Sheridan says selling any film with a war theme is tricky and fall is a better time for this particular subject matter. With Summit's widely acclaimed Iraq war flick, "The Hurt Locker" opening last summer, it was probably a wise move.
Due to his strong performance, Maguire's name undoubtedly will start popping up on Best Actor lists. Oddly, Sheridan says Maguire was doubtful of his own acting in this role, though he remained dedicated to the film's message. Portman is good as well, and 10-year-old Bailee Madison, as their young daughter, Isabelle, is remarkable in every way, one of the most natural and effective child performances in a long while.
The end credits song, "Winter" by U2 could figure big time in Oscar, Globe and Critics Choice contests as well. Sheridan, who had previous experience with Bono on "In the Name of the Father" and "In America," says the band really took to the movie and worked on trying to get the song just right for about six months.
He also talked at length about two scenes that are sure to be remembered. One is a pivotal moment between Maguire and his friend (Patrick Flueger) after they are captured by the Taliban. The other is an incredibly intense dinner table scene after he returns home. Without giving too much away, let's just say it centers on Madison and a balloon.
"From my experience growing up with my own family every night, I know a lot about dinners and creating tension," Sheridan said to much laughter in the audience.
With Oscar watchers concentrating on catching the more highly anticipated, but still largely unseen December releases, "Invictus," "Nine," "Lovely Bones," "It's Complicated" and "Avatar," could "Brothers" come out of nowhere and join the hunt too?
I wouldn't underestimate the Academy's respect for Sheridan, and if Lionsgate can gain any traction for this tough little movie, it could surprise.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765010/

jpmanoux Just saw Jim Sheridan's BROTHERS. Reeeeeally great.

pamelaezell Just saw "Brothers." So powerful, like "Hurt Locker." Now listening to Q&A w/ Jim Sheridan. Fantastic filmmaker.

suonglEE jim sheridan's "brothers" looks heavy!

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

"I wouldn't underestimate the Academy's respect for Sheridan, and if Lionsgate can gain any traction for this tough little movie, it could surprise. "

Sats did some work for Lionsgate. :wink:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I saw the trailer for Brothers , it was pretty intense .
togal

Post by togal »

wow, such great news that this film is all confirmed and ready to get rolling. i have to put january 25 on my calendar for the daniel watch. it's very cold here in january and the location of the studio is in the portland area of the city which is basically the lake. brrrrr......i think he's most likely going to be staying in the yorkville area. people here usually let celebrities alone and even if we recognize them on the street we don't make a big deal.
chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

This is nice to know. I've made up my mind that if I saw him in his day to day life I would leave him be. However outside of work I might bug him for a pic. Or just stare like this>>:shock:

togal wrote:wow, such great news that this film is all confirmed and ready to get rolling. i have to put january 25 on my calendar for the daniel watch. it's very cold here in january and the location of the studio is in the portland area of the city which is basically the lake. brrrrr......i think he's most likely going to be staying in the yorkville area. people here usually let celebrities alone and even if we recognize them on the street we don't make a big deal.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I am curious who will flay Daniel's wife in Dream House. Things should start happening soon. They will have to cast soon.
Kathy Bates would be a great neighbor. Gary Senise would be a good sherif.
Well it's anybody guess.