Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:razzletiger Nooooo! The theater changed their Cowboys & Aliens
poster from Daniel Craig and his ass to Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. :(

21 minutes ago via txt
I share the pain.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Interview with Walton Goggins...just the C&A bit..

Goggins: Meeting [director] Jon Favreau was a dream come true. Swingers defined a very specific point in time for actors who came to this city in the 1990s, like I did. I mean, I hung out at all those same bars in Los Feliz, looking exactly like all of those guys, and even golfed at that same course. That was my life, a very f--ing fertile and hip time. The one thing about Jon is his irrefutable knowledge of comedy. Whenever I finished a take, I just looked for his reaction on the playback. And if he was laughing, it was like, "I don't need to ask him if that was OK." My only disappointment was that he doesn't want to make a Swingers 2.

THR: What can you say about your role in the movie?

Goggins: I can't give too much away, but let's just say I'm a very loyal follower of Daniel Craig's character, Jake Lonergan. Man, Daniel is a f--ing funny guy. Actually, the whole set was cool. I've worked with most of my heroes at this point, from Chris Cooper to Robert Duvall, but I'm sitting there on that set -- it was a very macho, cool-guy set to be on, and you had to leave your uncoolness at home -- but I found myself going, "Oh my God, I'm gonna date Sam Rockwell!" And I'm about as straight as they come.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/e ... ame-203164
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

@Greed_Suigetsu
Brian Aka: Greed Forgot to tweet yesterday that I met a visual effects guy that worked on "Cowboys & Aliens" and he said that movie ROCKS!
caramel

Post by caramel »

^ Thx SG.
That's one thing they all say about DC - that he is so funny! :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:^ Thx SG.
That would make him attractive even if he weren't HOT! Funny AND hot - a dream come true.
calypso

Post by calypso »

theindigomuse Trailer for Cowboys & Aliens at the movies
tonight. Daniel Craig. Shirtless. Mmmmm. Shirtless...

about 1 hour ago via Seesmic
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
That would make him attractive even if he weren't HOT! Funny AND hot - a dream come true.
I remember an article LC time - when the reporter spoke to the people, who worked on that film and found, that he could have made a super add for DC, since everybody only had the best things to say and he thought, no - can't be. Its the one, where he shuts off the recorder to see, if Daniel looses the sparkle and it got even better. I am sure, Dunda can provide it :mrgreen:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

sf2la wrote:
A good looking man and a sense of humour, hard to come by!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SWAFilms somewhatawesomefilms
Our Cowboys and Aliens Special is shaping up nicely just a few audio tweaks left tomorrow and then it will be up in all its glory!

Parriola: @Jon_Favreau I just saw my first #CowboysAndAliens bus marquis. Daniel Craig's arm is long!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

use_theforce_em use_theforce_em
Cowboys and Aliens poster up in the office. How to keep from staring? *must do work* *stop hypnotizing me Daniel Craig*
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Am I the only one that finds these posters disconcerting. Not that they offend me or anything, it just bemuses me in a weird way - seeing DC in this big budget, very Hollywood role. Sort of like the earth got knocked off it's axes for a second.
khenton

Post by khenton »

yep its not the same as the bond hype. :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

bumblebee wrote:Am I the only one that finds these posters disconcerting. Not that they offend me or anything, it just bemuses me in a weird way - seeing DC in this big budget, very Hollywood role. Sort of like the earth got knocked off it's axes for a second.
As time goes on, he gets further and further away from "Daniel, treasure of the Brit theatre and indi film scene" and more "Daniel, property of the Hollyweird".

It's nice to see his success, to see that the world recognises his talent...... but also sad that the real (for me) Daniel is no more. Every Hollywood film is a nail in the coffin of reality....it's all La-La-Land "reality" now.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Am I the only one that finds these posters disconcerting. Not that they offend me or anything, it just bemuses me in a weird way - seeing DC in this big budget, very Hollywood role. Sort of like the earth got knocked off it's axes for a second.
As time goes on, he gets further and further away from "Daniel, treasure of the Brit theatre and indi film scene" and more "Daniel, property of the Hollyweird".

It's nice to see his success, but sad that the real (for me) Daniel is no more. Every Hollywood film is a nail in the coffin of reality.

I would start to worry if he was going to do only such movies. TGwtDT is made by Hollywood too (even if it's Fincher) and I think it will be the best we get to see from Daniel since a long time. I'm glad that his success give him the opportunity to do different things.

Like he said, without this FoaF would never had happened.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com