THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Aimee84

Post by Aimee84 »

i think im going to enjoy this movie rather nicely!! :twisted:

Post by bubita »

THX DCC and JEC! :blowkiss:
Love his looks as blomkvist, now I´ll have to read the book again :twisted:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Daniel Craig was filming in Uppsala

The recording of Hollywood's Millennium Films is booming. On Wednesday filming Bond star Daniel Craig scenes to film in central Uppsala .

A gray wool sweater , a scarf and a pair of thick glasses askew . That is all it takes to turn James Bond actor Daniel Craig to Stieg Larsson's investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist .

On Wednesday was the star of Uppsala to film a scene for the hit movie "The girl with the dragon tattoo , " the Hollywood version of the hit " Men Who Hate Women " .

A little more work was required to make on Drottninggatan in Uppsala to the book's Hedeby . The work in Uppsala began nearly one month ago . Both facades of the roadway has been made on , inter alia, has affected several bus routes in the city center .

Recording started at eight o'clock on Wednesday morning and already at nine was Daniel Craig in place . It was also the director David Fincher who previously made great films like " Seven " and the Oscar-winning " Benjamin Button incredible life. "

- I was in Uppsala, Sweden earlier today . Now we have started and the recording is going well , "said Malte Forssell , Swedish film producer .

The scene was filmed known from the Swedish movie . With the help of an old photograph, try Mikael Blomkvist identify a location that has an important role in the film's plot . Daniel Craig's scene was filmed in front of a backdrop depicting " Hotel Adler " . Although the film crew only worked with a short sequence filmed those for several hours .

Throughout the day the set was surrounded by curious Uppsala residents , who were kept away by numerous filmmakers .

The first book of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy , " Men Who Hate Women " is the Hollywood version of "The girl with the dragon tattoo " .

The lavish film is expected to premiere at Christmas 2011th

The main characters seen James Bond actor Daniel Craig ( Mikael Blomkvist ) , Rooney Mara ( Lisbeth Salander ) and Robin Wright ( Erika Berger ) .

Although Swedish actor Stellan Skarsgard, David Dencik making roles in the film .

For registrants is David Fincher who earlier made films like " Seven " , " Fight Club " and " Benjamin Button incredible life. "

source: http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/nyheter/da ... nt=Twitter

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig arrived in Stockholm
Published October 6, 2010 News , Stieg Larsson Leave a Comment

Daniel Craig on shopping tour in Stockholm
The secrecy about the arrival of the world star Daniel Craig had been big. However, he was checking in to Hotel Lydma on Sunday. He left the hotel on Monday morning through the backdoor. First, he took time for his fans to write autographs and afterwards he was jumping in a black Volvo:
First stop: Sveavägen. He crossed the busy street for a short shopping tour – target was the shop Inlife that sells computer equipment. Despite Craig was stressed, he took time for Nöjesbladet to tell them that he feels comfortable.
“I love to be in Sweden.” he said before he crossed the street again and jumped back in his car.
Then the journey continued to Uppsala where the film team shot the flashback in the 60’s settings. However, Daniel Craig is starting to shoot this week.
Director Fincher wants to create a mood in the American version which differs from the Swedish. He told TT Spektra:
“I am looking for catching Sweden. I hope to find a mood which reminds of ‘Chinatown.’
At the moment, the film shooting is taking place in Kilafors where large areas of the scenery is blocked and guarded. . Daniel Craig and the film team will shoot a scene in and in front of a hardware store in central Kilafors. (Aftonbladet)
http://mandelfriendsblog.wordpress.com/ ... /#more-592
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

irisonbooks Well, at least I can pretend I saw the car that held
Daniel Craig. There has got to be a good side to having to walk 1/2 mile more bc of
ImageImage
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Ooohh - more new pics :D

They have cheered me up no end - thanks to everyone for posting x
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I thought this was quite funny...about our man shooting a scene in Uppsala.

Publ : October 6, 2010 09:08 UpdatedUnt.se » Culture

Craig ready to record

Now he is . Daniel Craig , aka James Bond , or Mikael Blomkvist , which he named in the New Millennium American Hollywood film that is currently being recorded at Drottninggatan in Uppsala .

On Wednesday and Thursday is the actor Daniel Craig in place to record the scene in which the role of the character Blomkvist goes around in Hede City and studying angles and trying to understand what Harriet Vangen saw the day she disappeared 1966th

One did not even see him to understand that he was there . After endless retakes of a scene with a bunch of extras it becomes suddenly very busy . Everyone should immediately stand in their places . In at attention ... for the great actor .
A fur lined hood on a black jacket , smooth combed hair and glasses . So ... Action! Klappan in the air . The big furry marvinsmikrofonen sticking up like a flagpole in the air . So everything starts to move. He , therefore, Daniel Craig , or Mikael Blomkvist , look around a little . Waving a bit of the old photograph , examines Queen Street facades . Cut !
The glasses on Craig's nose leave immediately . And once someone is there and sweep the jacket on him . Combs to the already smooth hair and straightens the scarf . Powder . Our friend Craig cherished as a giant baby . He does not lift a finger .
So off with the jacket , on with the glasses again .
The photograph , waving a bit , look around ! And so again . The same scene . And again ...
By: Maria Nyström

http://www.unt.se/kultur/millennium/cra ... fault.aspx
Does anyone have an idea, why I can watch the vid but not download it??? ](*,)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Chrissie65 wrote:Does anyone have an idea, why I can watch the vid but not download it??? ](*,)
Sometimes you need a special software like Replay Media Catcher or Replay Video Capture to get the vids.

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Dunda wrote:
Chrissie65 wrote:Does anyone have an idea, why I can watch the vid but not download it??? ](*,)
Sometimes you need a special software like Replay Media Catcher or Replay Video Capture to get the vids.
:cry: :cry2:
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Thank you all for posting all these wonderful photos of Daniel on set!! :drool:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Norwegian article about the movie and DC

http://www.vg.no/film/artikkel.php?artid=10025017
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Chrissie65 wrote:
Dunda wrote:
:cry: :cry2:
:comfort: Don't cry......here you are, just download, save and it opens directly into WMP (windows media player).

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/8cze4v
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Complaint filed over 'Tattoo' traffic snarl
Published: 7 Oct 10 12:31 CET |
With actor Daniel Craig in Sweden for the filming of the Hollywood remake of Stieg Larsson's "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", a Stockholm resident has lodged a complaint due to restricted access on her street.
Craig, who portrays protagonist Mikael Blomkvist, arrived in Uppsala in eastern Sweden earlier this week to begin commencing of the film, which also stars Rooney Mara as hacker Lisbeth Salander.

But with filming also set to get underway in Stockholm's Södermalm district this weekend, one local resident isn't happy with the associated disruption.

"To restrict us from reaching our homes by car for such a long time and with such short notice is, in my opinion, unacceptable," the woman, who resides in Stockholm's Södermalm district, wrote in her complaint to the Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsmen (Justitieombudsmannen, JO).

According to the woman, she only received notice about restricted car access in the area one week ahead the scheduled film shoot, which begins early Friday morning.

She added that a film shoot is not a good enough reason for blocking off public streets to cars for much of the weekend.

The film shoot takes place from 5am to 8pm on Friday and 10am to 9pm on Saturday along St. Paulsgatan. The intersections along St. Paulsgatan that will be blocked include Bellmansgatan, Kvarngatan and Ragvaldsgatan, according to a notice provided by the film crew.

Fredmansgatan runs one block south of St. Paulsgatan between Bellmansgatan and Kvarnsgatan, with Bellmansgatan accessible only by stairs.

"On these days, there will be a lot of people on the street, as well as large vehicles, film equipment and cables on the ground. We ask you to pay attention when crossing. Transport and delivery vehicles will generally not be able to move within the cordoned-off area," reads the flyer left by the film production company GWDT Film and issued last Thursday.

The woman acknowledged that cars could leave her street through the schoolyard of an upper secondary school across the street, but because of the directions of the neighbouring one-way streets, drivers could not return to their homes.

She added that she has been unable to reach the site manager, who did not provide a full phone number on the flyers posted in the neighbourhood about the traffic disruptions.

In addition, the Friday shoot includes artificial rain on the street. The flyer asked residents to close all balcony doors or windows facing St. Paulsgatan, as well as nearby windows on Bellmansgatan and Kvarngatan. It also asked residents to cover up any water-sensitive properties and apologised for the limited accessibility.

Attempts by The Local to reach the complainant and the film company were unsuccessful.
http://www.thelocal.se/29480/20101007/? ... um=twitter
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I would have never thought I'd ever see James Bond in a shearling coat. Or a checked shirt. Or a low v-neck tee. But he isn't really Mr. Bond. Daniel Craig was papped buying a new iPhone (personally, Blackberries are that much cooler) in what could be the trendiest ensemble he's ever worn. The scruffiness of the stubble, the hair and the unbuttoned shirt mixed really well with the vintage sunglasses and the casual but stylish suede shearling jacket. This is an outfit I will definitely be replicating as soon as I can find a nice (and affordable) shearling jacket for this season.

http://fashionfrankly.blogspot.com/2010/10/fw007.html

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's always the same everywhere :lol: :lol:

People are excited and interested as long as their personal comfort is not affected in any way.

Fincher, come to my town, I will not complain! PROMISE.