THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In the interview with Jon, Daniel just confirmed, there will be NO swedish accent from him. Yeah!!!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:In the interview with Jon, Daniel just confirmed, there will be NO swedish accent from him. Yeah!!!
OMG!!! Thank goodness! That AND DH! YIPPEE! There could hardly be better news! Thanks, GG!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:In the interview with Jon, Daniel just confirmed, there will be NO swedish accent from him. Yeah!!!
OMG!!! Thank goodness! That AND DH! YIPPEE! There could hardly be better news! Thanks, GG!
I KNEW, YOU especially would love that :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
I'm so glad they've played the accent down. That was the one thing
about his performance that I was worried about. Phew! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote: OMG!!! Thank goodness! That AND DH! YIPPEE! There could hardly be better news! Thanks, GG!
Guess, he saw it the same way - little dialogue in C&A and now this. He stays away from accents, which is just as well :wink: One thing less, people can argue over. Smart boy..:D

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote: I KNEW, YOU especially would love that :lol:
Guess, he saw it the same way - little dialogue in C&A and now this. He stays away from accents, which is just as well :wink: One thing less, people can argue over. Smart boy..:D
I wonder if it affects his acting. I suppose he totally gets into character regardless, but it seems like it's putting a barrier between the character and himself. Me - just looking for excuses, I guess, as to why he should always stay Brit :lol: :lol: :lol: .
tampa

Post by tampa »

Thank goodness. I always thought doing it with swedish accents was a bad call. Tons of critics and people who have read the books, and seen the swedish films, would endlessly fixate on all of their Swedish accents and it would be a constant diversion and not make their acting any more authentic, it would likely just detract from their peformances.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tampa wrote:
Thank goodness. I always thought doing it with swedish accents was a bad call. Tons of critics and people who have read the books, and seen the swedish films, would endlessly fixate on all of their Swedish accents and it would be a constant diversion and not make their acting any more authentic, it would likely just detract from their peformances.
Good point! I think Daniel would do okay though. I wonder about Rooney? It seems like she needs one, no?
Aimee84

Post by Aimee84 »

well it looks like TGWTDT Poster........................

is just a teaser!!! :shock: yes the final poster is yet due to come out!!!

read on last question at the very bottom

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... _designe/#

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: I'm so glad they've played the accent down. That was the one thing
I wonder if it affects his acting. I suppose he totally gets into character regardless, but it seems like it's putting a barrier between the character and himself. Me - just looking for excuses, I guess, as to why he should always stay Brit :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Well he said he didn't want anything getting in the way.... so even though we believe he can pull it off, it would still be a bit distracting to us watching it.
This way he only has to focus on delivering his part without having to worry about getting the accent good too. So happy that he saw it this way and was able to convince DF :thumbup:
I can just see DF going in for more takes just because the accent wasn't just so! :shock: The Horror!
sasha

Post by sasha »

caramel wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Guess, he saw it the same way - little dialogue in C&A and now this. He stays away from accents, which is just as well :wink: One thing less, people can argue over. Smart boy..:D
Well he said he didn't want anything getting in the way.... so even though we believe he can pull it off, it would still be a bit distracting to us watching it.
This way he only has to focus on delivering his part without having to worry about getting the accent good too. So happy that he saw it this way and was able to convince DF :thumbup:
I can just see DF going in for more takes just because the accent wasn't just so! :shock: The Horror!
This part really worries me. I would prefer them to speak lines in Swedish when necessary, but keep away from accents - it what ruined Defiance in mho - too many forced accents. Robin Wright in her video interview said something about speaking with swedish accent or speaking in swedish - my English :cry:
I'm sure you saw it - just a reference: http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/642509 ... ttoo.jhtml
caramel

Post by caramel »

sasha wrote: This part really worries me. I would prefer them to speak lines in Swedish when necessary, but keep away from accents - it what ruined Defiance in mho - too many forced accents. Robin Wright in her video interview said something about speaking with swedish accent or speaking in swedish - my English :cry:
I'm sure you saw it - just a reference: http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/642509 ... ttoo.jhtml
I felt the same way! Geez what's with you and me today :lol:
I wasn't interested in that movie cuz of it :oops:

About the Swedish accent - No worries. If DC said he didn't see a need for MB to have a Swedish accent, it is good as gold.
I think the rest of the cast might have it. Not MB. His justification was something along the lines of how some Swedish people try and learn the proper way of speaking English that they have virtually no accent.
Smart man :D Really happy about this in Tattoo and DH :thud:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgam3fSM6U
sasha

Post by sasha »

caramel wrote:
sasha wrote: This part really worries me. I would prefer them to speak lines in Swedish when necessary, but keep away from accents - it what ruined Defiance in mho - too many forced accents. Robin Wright in her video interview said something about speaking with swedish accent or speaking in swedish - my English :cry:
I felt the same way! Geez what's with you and me today :lol:
I wasn't interested in that movie cuz of it :oops:

About the Swedish accent - No worries. If DC said he didn't see a need for MB to have a Swedish accent, it is good as gold.
I think the rest of the cast might have it. Not MB. His justification was something along the lines of how some Swedish people try and learn the proper way of speaking English that they have virtually no accent.
Smart man :D Really happy about this in Tattoo and DH :thud:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgam3fSM6U
It feels very good to me. :lol: Thanks for the link!
Yeh, I think it's what ruined it for BO, and I agree with you I felt this way too. (I still prefer Tuvia to Bond, but I don't re-watch it as often because of these accents).
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Would you still be interested in reading the 200 pages Larsson left unfinished? http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44003900/ ... new-novel/

Partner of 'Dragon Tattoo' author dismisses new novel. Eva Gabrielsson, who claims to have seen the 200 pages, said they 'don't hold together.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Hey fact fans!! UK mag Total Film is giving away a free poster which features GWDT. I haven't seen the full size yet but it's bound to be the pic of Daniel standing behind Mara Rooney. 8)