Paper reviews and other reactions

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

kbleggett @EliotBurdett actually not bad good action film - mostly
guys in the theatre for a reason:..cowboys/aliens..women there:
Daniel Craig
:jamming:
1 minute ago via TweetDeck in reply to EliotBurdett
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Forgot to mention saw DH trailer before film woo hoo !!! Ford was on Conan and he tore the head off a stuffed smurf . Faveru was on Lopez who was in Smurfs and was very gracious and funny. It is a shame that it had so many people behind it producing and all the actors promoted it so well that it didn't better though I expect it will last longer than Smurfs at the box office .
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Laredo wrote:Forgot to mention saw DH trailer before film woo hoo !!! Ford was on Conan and he tore the head off a stuffed smurf . Faveru was on Lopez who was in Smurfs and was very gracious and funny. It is a shame that it had so many people behind it producing and all the actors promoted it so well that it didn't better though I expect it will last longer than Smurfs at the box office .
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Before C&A???

I wish I had seen Fav. He seems like a great guy. I have to say that I was going to see C&A today, but I missed the first showing, the cheapest time to attend. I am cheap when it comes to movies, even with DC. I won't pay full price to go to a later showing, not by myself anyway. NOT that he's not worth it, but I'd need some full frontal to pay $10.50. I think some gratuitous sex scenes with OW would drive in more people. I still believe in releasing both R & PG versions. Same with Bond.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Just saw this quote and I think it applies here:

The Critic

It is not the critic who counts,

or how the strongman stumbled and fell,

or where the doer of deeds

could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man

who is actually in the arena,

who knows the great enthusiasms,

the great devotion,

and who spends himself

in a worthy cause.

If he fails,

at least he fails while daring greatly,

so that he may never be

one of those cold and timid souls,

who know neither victory nor defeat.

By Teddy Roosevelt
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Critic’s Pick: Cowboys and Aliens

When God made Daniel Craig, He mixed two parts Steve McQueen to one part Paul “Crocodile Dundee” Hogan, garnished with a sprig of Charles Atlas, and served the whole business up ice-cold in light-blue, surf-kissed Bond hot pants. You know, for the ladies

http://sacurrent.com/screens/film/criti ... -1.1183230
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Critic’s Pick: Cowboys and Aliens

When God made Daniel Craig, He mixed two parts Steve McQueen to one part Paul “Crocodile Dundee” Hogan, garnished with a sprig of Charles Atlas, and served the whole business up ice-cold in light-blue, surf-kissed Bond hot pants. You know, for the ladies

That quote is a keeper!

The article is really good and ends with a good review:

Cowboys, as a whole, is effective and solidly made, if not especially profound or revolutionary. The effects aren’t mind-blowing (though there’s some nice creature work), but certainly do the job. The story, and its development, are better than they had to be. It’s a ride, and an engaging one — a welcome reminder, in case you somehow need one, that summer’s here.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Could it be that now C&A nabbed that #1 film slot of the opening weekend, that the critics will change their tune and suddenly like it for what it is? :dunno:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:

That quote is a keeper!

The article is really good and ends with a good review:

Cowboys, as a whole, is effective and solidly made, if not especially profound or revolutionary. The effects aren’t mind-blowing (though there’s some nice creature work), but certainly do the job. The story, and its development, are better than they had to be. It’s a ride, and an engaging one — a welcome reminder, in case you somehow need one, that summer’s here.
There are actually quite a lot of good reviews out there. I've read loads
and hardly any of them have a bad word for our Dan. :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
So you have read a bad review of Dan? :shock: Really? I just can't imagine. He really, really shines in this.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
So you have read a bad review of Dan? :shock: Really? I just can't imagine. He really, really shines in this.
Only a couple, and they were'nt that scathing, obviously not fans of DC in general...out of the many blogs and reviews out there, thats not bad.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Only a couple, and they were'nt that scathing, obviously not fans of DC in general...out of the many blogs and reviews out there, thats not bad.
Probably something about his eyes being too blue :wink: :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote: So you have read a bad review of Dan? :shock: Really? I just can't imagine. He really, really shines in this.
Probably something about his eyes being too blue :wink: :lol:
It's usually about him looking like he's sucking lemons and pouting!
But that's just what we like about him! :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Gotta love some of these tweets

morganelisab Morgan Everitt
#firsttimeimet Daniel Craig was simply breathtaking. He had a Carling in one hand & a cig in the other. He is so good looking

ladymalady2011 Lady Marmalade
Cowboy vs aliens was just a bollywood flick minus the dance sequence. I wuldnt mind daniel craig doing a song n dance with his alien gf tho

Matt9Duchene: Daniel Craig is my hero, I wanted to be him that whole movie

LyricsByRAM Ryanne Miller
Cowboys & Aliens was...entertaining... I laughed a lot, Daniel Craig is shirtless and wet a lot, Harrison Ford is grumpy a lot #Positives

LindsayBread Lindsay
Daniel Craig has the most beautiful man chest I have ever seen

LauraTruxillo Laura Truxillo
Also, Daniel Craig in tight-fitting cowboy pants twirling a gun and being sexy. Seriously, though. It was a fun movie.

HystericalTy Krista Teyema
Script for Cowboys & Aliens: I'm Daniel Craig! Lookatmybutt! Look at it! Look at my butt in chaps! In the dessert! Lookatmybutt!

riget Katya R
Also, Daniel Craig has a shower scene in every movie he's in. This time around he even managed to find a shower in early 1900's America #win

ayeeeitsLopes Allison Lopes
Daniel Craig>>> lorddd that man is beautiful

riget Katya R
Is it bad that I just wanted to see Olivia Wilde fuck Daniel Craig senseless? Damn good movie anyway #datass

Jennadesmo Jenna Desmond
@Mr_Petersouris "Daniel Craig, making me as hard as a rock."4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I LOVE those tweets! Thanks for posting.
I was thinking he had maybe quit smoking. Tough to do, obviously...today's news had a pic of Michael Douglas smoking a cigarette after his near-fatal bout with throat cancer. Oh well, it's his choice, but maybe he'll quit again for Bond.

I'd love to know where he was with the Carling and cig :sigh: What a beautiful sight that would be...
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:I LOVE those tweets! Thanks for posting.
I was thinking he had maybe quit smoking. Tough to do, obviously...today's news had a pic of Michael Douglas smoking a cigarette after his near-fatal bout with throat cancer. Oh well, it's his choice, but maybe he'll quit again for Bond.

I'd love to know where he was with the Carling and cig :sigh: What a beautiful sight that would be...
Is Carling sold in the US? :dunno:

Given the European bun-fest for C&A is about to begin, it would be logical to assume he is back in Europe/UK.