Daniel hosts SNL

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I still haven't seen more than a couple of little clips but, having had the night to think about it, I have come up with the following thoughts re SNL:

... Daniel REALLY surprised me with the depth of his bravery and confidence when doing this. It's not that I don't have faith in him. It was just such a departure. I actually like 'intense and brooding' Daniel but I realise he has MANY facets to his personality. Being a Pisces (like me), he probably changes his mood every five minutes anyway...

...After viewing the promo piece, I also expected the SNL cast to be "dancing around" Daniel and he would just roll his eyes and act all sarcastic at their silliness. I didn't expect him to get silly too by being a definite character in a sketch!! :o

...At least we get to hear him say the word "sexual".. in the Regine clip, the one piece I got to see some of. :wink:

...I don't think the Daniel of 2006 would have even considered doing something like this! It just goes to show that he has changed a lot since CR. Is he now exhibiting a greater confidence in his creative abilities by doing SNL?

...I really did love the promo clip! :lol: Let's put it this way, I'm never going to eat a cupcake in the same way again!!

...How can Daniel say no to being interviewed by Jonathan Ross now??? SNL is 100 times sillier than anything JR can conjure!

...Some of SNL is too 'Monty Python', or it tries to be. I love Monty Python and some American comedy is great. But I don't think the 'man in a dress' sketch works quite as well on SNL as it did on MP. That's NO disrespect to anyone American. Certain types of humour do not always translate. MP was really very surreal...

...I wonder if Daniel did SNL to woo an American audience since he seems to spend a good deal of his time Stateside now. We Brits like to feel that he belongs to US because he is English. Perhaps he needs to establish himself and find a niche in the USA if he is going to advance and continue making international movies?

...I bet he was hyper when filming stopped!!! :jump: Although he looks pretty tired in the pix posted when he was leaving the After Show party.

If anyone finds any additional clips to those already posted, please can they point me in the direction? :)
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

I've had to laugh at all the comments on Celeb.heights.com, they are saying he looked really short and could'nt be over 5ft 8. Its laughable how soon as any star gets the 'wow' factor from women the males have to try and put them down by saying they are short!! :lol:
bubita

Post by bubita »

Downloading it now, I´ve seen bit and it´s been awkwardly funny.
Thanks for the links TrueBlue.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I really enjoyed everyone's comment and review's. Thanks TB for the the pics and
Elisa for yoru tireless reporting and vid of DC/RW leaving.
I enjoyed the show, loved the opening when Daniel came out and did his intorduction, OMG, the suit, his hair, he did not disapoint.
The skits were good, all but the stupid spaceship one. I guess I didn't get it and the guy with cat in his bag the other's including Daniel didn't really seem t interact.
It's SNL, it's supposed to be stupid funny.
Daniel was a team player, its an honor to do SNL. He seem's to be getting good kudo's for his appearance.
Good Job Daniel.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

And terrific ratings, too. Lets hope, this is a good thing :lol:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/1 ... ampaign=WP > Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

This week's episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Daniel Craig with musical guest Muse averaged a 4.5 rating with adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters. That's up a point and a half from the last new episode two weeks ago, which scored a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating.

via press notes:

* "Saturday Night Live," with host Daniel Craig and musical guest Muse (4.5/11 in metered-market households), dominated its time period. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, the "Saturday Night Live" rebroadcast averaged a 2.2 rating, 10 share in adults 18-49.

* "Saturday Night Live" was the #1 telecast of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in the metered-market households and the Local People Meters, outscoring all primetime programs on those networks.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

\:D/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bubita wrote:\:D/
:D whether or not people liked it and we have it both ways, he is on their minds right now, which is a good thing.

But we don't have any idea, what's next, right? Or am I missing something.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://thebbcnews.net/big-bird-upstages ... ght-live-2

Given the shellacking Barack Obama took at last week's presidential debate with Mitt Romney, one would have thought NBC's Saturday Night Live would have had no difficulty finding material to spoof the event. Not so according to New York magazine which

Title, Studio, Gross. 1, Hotel Transylvania, SONY, $42.5M. 2, Looper, SONY, $20.8M. 3, End of Watch, OPEN, $7.8M. 4, Trouble With the Curve, WB, $7.3M. 5, HouseThe Street, REL, $7.1M. 6, Pitch Perfect, UNIV, $5.1M

Daniel Craig finally got his shot at comedy. The 44-year-old Skyfall star, who's known for his dramatic and action-packed roles in the James Bond series and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, hosted Saturday Night Live for the first time and did his best

So maybe Daniel Craig lost last night's SNL spotlight to Big Bird. He still held his own and promoted Skyfall with fun little riffs on his James Bond persona, starting with his opening monologue — an Oscars-style In Memoriam

caramel

Post by caramel »

Lainey's take is like ours. She didn't love it but she certainly doesn't hate on Daniel.

"Did I set myself up for it? I wanted it to be better, Saturday Night Live hosted by Daniel Craig. And it wasn’t great, not even close. He did try though, or at least it seemed that way -- it seemed that he was willing, down for anything. But what we ended up with was a very weak monologue and…he was missing from at least two sketches, non? How does the host end up excluded from two sketches? And does that mean he wasn’t so willing after all? I’m not sure I believe that. He let Fred Armisen writhe all over him; how else is he supposed to prove his willingness? And if it’s not about his willingness but about the writers, who are you waiting for if Daniel Craig wasn’t enough inspiration? They blew their load with the construction workers and from there it was almost an afterthought. Attaching a few photos from the show and Craig leaving the after-party with Rachel Weisz."

http://laineygossip.com/
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

It's been bugging me all day what character Daniel played who reminded me of him in the building site sketch.....I finally nailed it!

In facial expression and also a little bit in accent as well.....Rudy in The Jacket.

ImageImage

ImageImage
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

As anyone seen the review of SNL in today's SUN? its pretty bad, they say he did a painfully unfunny show :? I can type out the whole review if anyone wants to see it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... -Live.html

But this doesn't seem to be it. The reviews are pretty mixed altogether, which is a lot better then all bad :lol:

Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

No thats not it. This is a review by the Entertainments Reporter in the middle pages.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

That bodyguard next to him at the exit of the after-party restaurant reminds me of Jaws, the Bond Baddie from on older Bond movie. He is BIG!!!