Daniel hosts SNL

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Last night's SNL with Daniel Craig was very good and Muse was excellent. Brits do it better? Apparently they do.

So - there are obviously lots of people, who liked it that much. Hm..glad for that, of course.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Another note. Regine was HILARIOUS at rehearsal. Before they entered the living room, all I could see was Dan standing with a woman. I couldn't tell it was Fred so when they revealed it, I cracked up. Their whole conversations during the scene were longer and a bit less about the kissing faces. Then when Daniel asked Regine to get on his lap...EVERYONE broke. They couldn't get through the rest. All the guys couldn barely get through their lines and Daniel ended up doing his duck face (lol) to try to control his giggling which barely worked. It was one of my favorite moments.

The construction scene was also longer and Daniel was adorable spewing out the awkward lines. I definitely don't remember him messing up as much.

They did make him look a LOT less ridiculous than in the rehearsal. So, I guess you're lucky there. I just watched the whole show while at work. Still don't think I loved it. Most of the moments that are burned into my mind didn't happen during the live show. I wish I could have recorded everything that happened. I'll try to post the video of them walking out from the party when I get home from work.
Last edited by Corellianjedi2 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:Shit, they killed the gym and I think, I heard him sing in between. Oh yes, at the beginning, when they had his fav song "Wonderful world?"

So - drinking beer means, he really didn't take it all THAT seriously. No wonder, he flupped his lines in the space skit :lol:

Gosh, I would have loved to see those rehearsals. ;Must have been much more interesting then the final thing.

More questions? Yes, just everythiong you remember :lol:

So - you saw him and Rachel coming out last? Guess someone has had a good time. :wink:
He sounded weird during the taped monologue though and unsure whether he was supposed to (they originally had backup singers on stage with him during the in memorium).
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:clapclap:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Lu

Post by Lu »

Germangirl wrote:A certain Lu should get her arse over here and say it :evil:

Annabel Joseph ‏@annabeljoseph
Only a week and a day until Daniel Craig is on SNL. I'm ridiculously excited about this.
I am here, I am here! I watched it and I loved him! I was telling Elaine_Figgis that what I really loved most about him is that he was up for acting as stupid as necessary for a laugh. That gets a lot of respect from me!! :thumbup:
My books!

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

In the end I don't really care how it all was in detail. It's always great to have new input to discuss and all the pics and stories are worth the show :D.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lu wrote:
Germangirl wrote:A certain Lu should get her arse over here and say it :evil:

Annabel Joseph ‏@annabeljoseph
Only a week and a day until Daniel Craig is on SNL. I'm ridiculously excited about this.
I am here, I am here! I watched it and I loved him! I was telling Elaine_Figgis that what I really loved most about him is that he was up for acting as stupid as necessary for a laugh. That gets a lot of respect from me!! :thumbup:
Ahh, Lu! Hi there..yup, he went all the way for sure.

Daniel Craig...way funnier than I was expecting!

Was surprised how funny Daniel Craig was as the #SNL host last night. Muse rocked the musical performances, too. Best show of season for me.

I loved Daniel Craig on SNL..

Lmao who know Daniel Craig could be so funny. xD

Watching last night's SNL. The construction worker with Daniel Craig as an inept girl watcher had me crying from laughing so hard.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

bumblebee wrote:I think it was just a quirk of timing - he lives in NY now, Bond turned 50 this week, and Skyfall, etc. etc.

I doubt he was involved in the skit writing and probably knew what he was getting into. The live skits were awful. But the intro, his hosting style and the pre-recorded stuff, IMO kept his head well above water.
:stick_iagree:

I feel we needed more Daniel on his own in a kind of stand-up routine kind of way, and the reviews so far seem to agree with that thought, that he acquitted himself well and with honours.

Not sure how feasible it would have been to have more of him on his own out front, given that he still does suffer with nerves a little bit (that can be seen in the opening piece I thought), but he did so much better on his own and the laughs seemed genuine rather than forced as they seemed later on (at least they did to me).

I feel a bit let down after the trailer, especially as I had been working myself into a lather of worry and anxiety about this show for weeks. That trailer was cute and funny and I was so hoping there would be more of that tone of things. Whoever wrote the trailer needed to write the whole show, and I would loved to have seen more that guy he was with (.....I need to google his name :oops: :roll: ).

Daniel has natural timing, this we know and apart from the trailer, they didn't make enough of that particular talent.

Gotta say, I am glad they didn't do that gym skit and the modelling/Price is Right skit....though I trust Elisa's word totally when she says they were funny. Somehow, those two scenarios seemed predictable, playing as they do on Daniel's body. The humping the washing machine had the distinct possibility of sliding into sleazy.
Lu

Post by Lu »

I have to say I'm an SNL NUT and I've seen just about every episode of the last 30 or seasons, and honestly, Daniel's episode was pretty good.

I mean, even when comedy geniuses like Jim Carrey and Seth McFarlane are on there, there are skits that are duds. They have so little time to write and set them up, so little time to practice. For those who don't usually watch SNL, it is very typical for the hosts to obviously rely on the cue cards and stumble over lines. When Robert DeNiro was on there he sounded like he was reading cue cards word for word...that's just how SNL is.

I guess what I'm saying is no one should be cringing on Daniel's behalf today. :D The writing's not comedy gold but that's SNL and everyone just accepts it. Most people tune in hoping for a gem or two and understanding about half the sketches are going to fall flat. Most of the hosts stumble around and read the cue cards and end up turning in a hurly-burly performance.

Having seen tons of SNL episodes I think Daniel did a GREAT job and took a lot of risks. He did about as well as any host can do on SNL. :D
My books!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel

Post by caramel »

Lu wrote:I have to say I'm an SNL NUT and I've seen just about every episode of the last 30 or seasons, and honestly, Daniel's episode was pretty good.

I mean, even when comedy geniuses like Jim Carrey and Seth McFarlane are on there, there are skits that are duds. They have so little time to write and set them up, so little time to practice. For those who don't usually watch SNL, it is very typical for the hosts to obviously rely on the cue cards and stumble over lines. When Robert DeNiro was on there he sounded like he was reading cue cards word for word...that's just how SNL is.

I guess what I'm saying is no one should be cringing on Daniel's behalf today. :D The writing's not comedy gold but that's SNL and everyone just accepts it. Most people tune in hoping for a gem or two and understanding about half the sketches are going to fall flat. Most of the hosts stumble around and read the cue cards and end up turning in a hurly-burly performance.

Having seen tons of SNL episodes I think Daniel did a GREAT job and took a lot of risks. He did about as well as any host can do on SNL. :D
Thx Lu :D

I used to watch SNL a long time back and then switched to Mad TV when it was all the rage back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Then stopped watching both.
So I will go by your take on yesterday's episode.

I very much appreciate that Daniel has found it within himself to put himself out there and get into the spirit of the whole thing.
Obviously the live audience and doing it for the first time and showing the audience a whole new side of you is no easy task.
So RESPECT is what he deserves :thumbup:

So my knee-jerk reaction out of the way, I am glad he did it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lu wrote:I have to say I'm an SNL NUT and I've seen just about every episode of the last 30 or seasons, and honestly, Daniel's episode was pretty good.

Thanks Lu, this is good to know..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:http://www.accesshollywood.com/polls

wow...
I voted a few minures ago.

I really like some of these SNL pics

IMO well done Daniel for taking a risk and trying something different!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Bumping these pics from GG - some great shots here
Germangirl wrote:Better review with some nice pics
http://danceyrselfclean.tumblr.com/post ... t-admit-no
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, there are some gems among them.