Britannia kudos to fete Daniel Craig

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Britannia kudos to fete Daniel Craig

Post by Germangirl »

I think, this rare occasion, where they finally acknowledge his work as an artist needs an own thread. BRAVO!!!

BAFTA LA awards to be telecast Nov. 11 on BBC America
By Stuart Levine
Craig, who returns as James Bond in November with "Skyfall," will receive the British Artist of the Year Award.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111805 ... um=twitter
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

:cheer: Bravo and well deserved. :cheer:
caramel

Post by caramel »

Image Cabler BBC America will telecast the ceremony on Nov. 11, including a pre-show special.
:happyrunning:
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Yay!!! Congrats Daniel! You deserve it!!! :happyrunning:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In good time as SF just began showing the the theaters.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vynera

Post by Vynera »

I'm so happy for Daniel...he deserves all the recognition he gets :happyrunning:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vynera wrote:I'm so happy for Daniel...he deserves all the recognition he gets :happyrunning:
So very much,. Her hasn't been nomnated for anything since CR and looking at some people, who got Oscar nods, he more then deserves a little award attention.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/347 ... ia-Awards/

Wednesday September 19,2012

JAMES BOND star DANIEL CRAIG is to receive the top honour at the BAFTA/LA Britannia Awards later this year.

JEC57

Re: Britannia kudos to fete Daniel Craig

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:I think, this rare occasion, where they finally acknowledge his work as an artist needs an own thread. BRAVO!!!

BAFTA LA awards to be telecast Nov. 11 on BBC America
By Stuart Levine
Craig, who returns as James Bond in November with "Skyfall," will receive the British Artist of the Year Award.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111805 ... um=twitter
About bloody time!!

Too long overdue. It's been years since he got any awards or recognition.

Maybe now we will hear news of some decent scripts coming his way. Image
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

That is wonderful, and his beautiful wife by his side, Caramel, possible Red Carpet opportunity. :happyrunning: This is fantastic. Nov 11th, what time? I will have to set the DVR for that.
caramel

Post by caramel »

tbossmc2000 wrote:That is wonderful, and his beautiful wife by his side, Caramel, possible Red Carpet opportunity. :happyrunning: This is fantastic. Nov 11th, what time? I will have to set the DVR for that.
YES!!!! I am just now realizing it. How remiss of me! ](*,)
Will be great to see them together.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:That is wonderful, and his beautiful wife by his side, Caramel, possible Red Carpet opportunity. :happyrunning: This is fantastic. Nov 11th, what time? I will have to set the DVR for that.
YES!!!! I am just now realizing it. How remiss of me! ](*,)
Will be great to see them together.
your excused this time but besure to pay more attention next time
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Great eadline article. BTW - for the Yanks. Its showing on PRIMETIME at 8 pm. So please, someone really tape this and make it available for us. Pretty please.

Quentin Tarantino & Daniel Craig Among BAFTA LA Britannia Awards Honorees

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Wednesday September 19, 2012 @ 9:29am PDTTags: BAFTA LA, Britannia Award, Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino
Comments (0)

Los Angeles, September 19, 2012 – The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles® (BAFTA Los Angeles), which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, has announced they will honor Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and Will Wright at the 2012 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. For the first time ever, the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards will broadcast on BBC AMERICA, airing in primetime November 11, 2012 at 8pm ET as a two-hour special, preceded by the Britannia Awards Pre-show Special at 7:30pm ET.

The Britannia Awards are BAFTA Los Angeles’ highest accolade, a celebration of achievements honoring individuals and companies that have dedicated their careers to advancing the entertainment arts. Acclaimed actor Daniel Craig will receive the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year, while Academy and BAFTA Award-winning director Quentin Tarantino will receive the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for Excellence in Directing. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Emmy Award-winning co-creators of South Park and Tony Award-winning co-creators of The Book of Mormon, will receive the Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy. Video game designer Will Wright will receive the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment. Additional honorees will be announced in the coming weeks.

The awards are presented annually at a gala dinner, where peers and colleagues celebrate the work and accomplishments of these distinguished honorees. Proceeds from the gala ceremony support BAFTA Los Angeles’ on-going education, scholarship, community outreach and archival projects.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/quentin ... -honorees/

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Very glad for daniel to get any kind of award, so we can see him too.
i wish very much he was getting it for his acting role in a film though, but very pleased for him too.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This is REALLY great news!!! :D 8) Yes, he deserves as much recognition as anyone will give him. I really hope someone can record this when its aired so we can ALL see it!! :wink: