Casting news-rumors

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

October 11, 2012
The 'Monuments Men' to receive Emma Lazarus Award from AJHS

On November 1, 2012, the American Jewish Historical Society will present the Emma Lazarus Statue of Liberty Award to the Monuments Men. Harry Ettlinger will accept the award on behalf of all of the men and women who served in the Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives section. The Emma Lazarus Statue of Liberty Award is the American Jewish Historical Society’s highest honor and is presented to an individual or group which has demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to strengthening the American Jewish community. In addition, Jay Pomrenze will accept the Legacy Award that evening in honor of his father Monuments Man Colonel Seymour Pomrenze, who passed away last year. We are so proud that the AJHS has chosen to recognize the contributions of the Monuments Men with this honor.

If you would like to join us for this special evening, more details can be found on the AJHS website at www.ajhs.org.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:I think Daniel will play Major Ronald Edmund Balfour, age 40.
He appears very thin and sports a mustache.
If Clooney is in it as well as heading up with project I think he will play Lieutenant George Stout, age 47, yes a mustache as well.
John Goodman could be Second Lieutenant James Rorimer age 39.
If this comes together it could be pretty amazing.
Boss, have you started reading the book?
Where did you get this info from?
Yes "C" I started it and can't put it down, there is a picture of Balfour in the book, very hard to scan but he is very thin, wears glasses and has a mustache.
He looks a little geekie.
At the beginning there is a pciture of each man and 1 woman with their Boi's
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

This is the photo next to Balfour's bio in the book.
caramel

Post by caramel »

thx tboss.
I will get the book and read it close to shooting I think.
I need to know what role Daniel will play so I can visualize better when I read.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:Oh that's it! I'm done, not another stache! :gaah:
:rotfl: I'm with you, Bee! It's like , "Hmm, we have to cast a male with a mustache. Let's look through the Rolodex. OH! Daniel Craig! He'll do it! He loves to grow mustaches!!!!!"
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:
:rotfl: I'm with you, Bee! It's like , "Hmm, we have to cast a male with a mustache. Let's look through the Rolodex. OH! Daniel Craig! He'll do it! He loves to grow mustaches!!!!!"
Well so far guys he is the only British person in the book.
Born Oxfordshire england, an art history expert at Cambridge (there you go SF, DC finally got into Cambridge) was what the British called a real gentlmen scholar. bachelor dedicated to intellectual life.
He started out as a history major.

This is right from his Bio in the book.
Sure sounds like the part Daniel would be cast for.
I am not keen on the look, especially after Bond, He seems to do this to us all the time.
BTW, he did have a mustache a while back, do you think he grew it for a screen test for the part?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
sf2la wrote:
:rotfl: I'm with you, Bee! It's like , "Hmm, we have to cast a male with a mustache. Let's look through the Rolodex. OH! Daniel Craig! He'll do it! He loves to grow mustaches!!!!!"[/qu
Born Oxfordshire england, an art history expert at Cambridge (there you go SF, DC finally got into Cambridge) was what the British called a real gentlmen scholar. bachelor dedicated to intellectual life.

I am not keen on the look, especially after Bond, He seems to do this to us all the time.
BTW, he did have a mustache a while back, do you think he grew it for a screen test for the part?
I thought the same thing. Not that he'd need a screen test, but to see how one of a different shape might look. It saddens me that he might let his amazing body dissipate. It's not like he looks like Hulk Hogan or Schwarzzaslut. He looks healthy this way.
Last edited by sf2la on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
sf2la wrote: :rotfl: I'm with you, Bee! It's like , "Hmm, we have to cast a male with a mustache. Let's look through the Rolodex. OH! Daniel Craig! He'll do it! He loves to grow mustaches!!!!!"[/qu

I thought the same thing. Not that he'd need a screen test, but to see how one of a different shape might look. It saddens me that he might losers his amazing body dissipate. It's not like he looks like Hulk Hogan or Schwarzzaslut. He looks healthy this way.
I know me too, I think the stache was for a screen test. It came from no where after Bond wrapped and we all said WHAT THE :shock: F**K
then it was gone. I too hate to see him have to loose his juciy licious body.
WW11, life was different.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Easy, folks, easy. If all this was true, then take into notion, that he very obviously worked on keeping his body. Why would he do that, if he knew, he would have to loose soon afterwards and to that extend? We know, he doesn't care enough about his looks to just do it to look beter for the promos. He would have been fine the way he was without going to the gym all the time.

Clooney on the other hand is a visual man and will want his men look good.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:Easy, folks, easy. If all this was true, then take into notion, that he very obviously worked on keeping his body. Why would he do that, if he knew, he would have to loose soon afterwards and to that extend? We know, he doesn't care enough about his looks to just do it to look beter for the promos. He would have been fine the way he was without going to the gym all the time.

Clooney on the other hand is a visual man and will want his men look good.
We don't know, it's all speculation, he might lean down a little, who know's time will tell.
I am not going to be disapointed one way or the other, Daniel throws himself into the role he is playing. He will do the same for this one.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I'm happy either way as long as he doesn't do that Bale-thing :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Dunda wrote:I'm happy either way as long as he doesn't do that Bale-thing :lol:
Has anyone seen Mathew McCaunhey? he as lost 35 pounds for a role he is playing. Good lord, he's emaciated.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its like - I want an Oscar, so I starve myself to death a bit. Its an almost sure thing then. :roll:

But we have Bradley Cooper with a maybe Oscar nod, so why not Mmc C? :o

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
Has anyone seen Mathew McCaunhey? he as lost 35 pounds for a role he is playing. Good lord, he's emaciated.
Isn't he playing a real character, so I guess he just has to do it.
He looks really sick, though.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Dunda wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
Isn't he playing a real character, so I guess he just has to do it.
He looks really sick, though.
Yes he is, he's so thin right now and the mustache is all I notice on him.
I think Mcauhaney is always chasing the big role and it's jsut not thagt good of an actor. He works better with comedy.