Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:lol:
I was waiting for this to come up !

And it is a very STRONG reason for me QoS being my last favourite Daniel-Bond.

:wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote::lol:
I was waiting for this to come up !

And it is a very STRONG reason for me QoS being my last favourite Daniel-Bond.

:wink:
He looked older then than he does now, I wonder what was getting to him?
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

QOS has its moments like CR, SF and SP... It is not terrible imo. I always watch it as a nice little filler when a) I haven't got the time to watch something longer and b) when I just need a little Daniel Fix but want something that is not an interview...

MONK HAIR???? :? :? :shock:
In my eyes it just looks neat and tidy! Is it the fringe? :?
If you don't like his hairstyle, look at his eyes or his lips... :twisted:
Imo, criticising the looks of a man who we all know to be vastly better looking than 99.9% of other actors on screen is just a tad daft... :?

Remember he played an actual monk in "Elizabeth" and his hair did not really resemble the hairstyle in QOS.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:MONK HAIR???? :? :? :shock:
MONK HAIR was "the" word on here in 2008 :lol:
Worst hairdo ever, the bar scene in the plane could have been really great if ...just no, his hairdo wa awfull in this scene.

But QoS has some great shots of Daniel all ruffled.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Where were you SDK, when the QoS monk hair debates took place? There were many..... :)
SmittenDramaKitten

Don't know SG... With no comp at home I guess I missed a lot. :dunno: Only managed to get on line once or twice a week at those lovely cyber cafes.

Sorry but I like the plane scene in QOS... when he's drinking the Vodka Martini's one after the other to drown his sorrows over Vesper. I don't look at his hair so much but the blueness of his eyes is AMAZING, as it is in the other plane scene where Bond and Camille have to abandon the plane after a hard battle with a little fighter jet. If you see the movie on blu ray, the intense colour of his eyes is actually a little startling. :twisted:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am in on the mond hair. Terrible :twisted: His worst hair do.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From someone, who has always been someone, who strongly disliked DC. Now read this.

@germanlady the best part of SP IMO is Craig's performance as Bond. It is pretty much flawless in all respects.
Blows anything Dalts Rog or Broz did out of the water.
That is authentic Bond we are seeing up on screen in SP, and all the way through, unlike the previous 3 films.
Now Craig did have some very strong moments in each of his 3 other films, but the character's scripted personal journey drama kept dragging things down. At least IMO. I realize some might have liked that stuff, but I didn't.

But with SP this is Bond in all his glory.And Craig looks real good too.
Really should.win the Oscar for best actor.
Playing Bond convincingly is not easy to do.
Like I said elsewhere, if I ran into Craig I'd haul him into the nearest pub, buy him a couple of Heineken or dirty martinis or whatever, and spend 30 minutes telling him what a great job he did as Bond in SP, and then send him on his way.
Craig's awesome Bond in SP is why I keep skipping back to the cinema for more.
I'll have 10 cinema viewings by the time I am done.
Half way there
Best capturing of the Bond persona since Sean hung up the holster over 40 years ago.
Not counting NSNA as Sean purposely played a semi-retired Bond in that film which is the only reason he agreed to do the film, if he could play Bond as older, which is one of the reasons I found old dog Bond in SF so tedious, as Sean had already done it, as an alternative take on the character in NSNA

Anyway, Craig in SP I think is very much Fleming's Bond. It's all there, even the look. The wit and smartass streak is there. The aura of menace and danger, tempered by wit and charm.
Pretty much perfect. The film is even shot in such a way that you don't realize he's not actually tall enough.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

:thumbup: 8)
Says it all really... :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Or this

I've been a fan of Craig's since the beginning. Had of course to see CR first in order to see what the man could do, and I wasn't disappointed. QOS was not quite the follow up I was hoping for, but it's grown on me slightly. Still not a big fan though. SF was a mediocre entry for me. Has lots to praise and enjoy. Also has lots to think about and feel a little let down. SP falls just behind CR for me. I've enjoyed it a lot with every viewing, and front and centre of my enjoyment is Daniel Craig. As with CR, SP is Craig's movie. He's at his most relaxed here and it reminds me of Connery in GF or TB. This is a Bond film for Bond fans, it's a very enjoyable film to me, and harks back to the 60's movies not only in the obvious elements.
I really hope Daniel Craig returns for Bond 25 and then we'll see. But easily another Bond film in him on the result of Spectre.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

James Bond fans spot 35 gaffes in Spectre but did you see them?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... 35-6918682
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:James Bond fans spot 35 gaffes in Spectre but did you see them?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... 35-6918682
How interesting! I didn't spot one while watching. Also interesting is that 35 isn't so bad. I'll catch them when the DVD comes out.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, I think Pirates had the most. Some just make it their hobby to find the errors.

Its strange in a way, because they (all the prods) make an effort to avoid such thing, taking pictures of what was in the last scene of it etc etc and still, its happens.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sometimes the errors are qbvious, sometimes it are not necessarily errors.

Parts of plane being broken to appear fine in the next scene is clearly a mistake, but Madeline wearing a dress when going to bed a waking up hours later without, well who says she didn't wake up after an hour and decided to change to get comfortable.
This is nitpicking :lol:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I suppose that has to be a factor when it comes to a Best Editing Oscar. I wonder, say for Spectre, how many they knew about the errors and figure people won't notice (that's me), accept it because the cost of refilming or CGI-ing is too expensive, and how many are true surprises. If an editor does see something, would he tell Sam or keep it quiet?