Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bubita

Post by bubita »

Thanks so much Pam.
Couldn't wait any longer, I'll be watching it the afternoon.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Pretty great interview with Sam, where he also talks a bit ore about poor Daniels leg.
"I can barely walk"

He certainly did another heroic thing with that

http://deadline.com/2015/11/sam-mendes- ... 201609115/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

My Spectre review.
I liked it, I didn't love it. I think the film is uneven with some really good parts and some not. It's enjoyable, a bit predictable and if it wasn't for Daniel, quite forgettable. It trundled along well but lacked suspense. It didn't have any edge of your seat moments.

The good

Daniel was excellent, really inhibiting the character. He was the best part of the film.
The film was beautifully shot, the Day of the Dead in particular was standout.
Hinx was great. Would liked to have seen more or him. Loved the fight scene in the train with Daniel and Hinx.
The supporting cast were also good, Q, M etc.
I also enjoyed the one liners which Daniel delivered beautifully.

Not so good

The plot itself. I didn't rate the back story.
Waltz as the villain was no where near menacing enough. This was not necessarily his fault, the script didn't allow him to be.
Monica was underused, shame most of her scene ended up on the cutting room floor.
After all the effort that went into the car chase scene in Rome, I expected it to be more exciting.
I really disliked the ivory tux although Dan looked fab in everything else.
Not a fan of Newman's score, not for a Bond movie anyway. Bring bak David Arnold!

Well there you have it. I came out of the cinema slightly underwhelmed. I thought it was alright but not fantastic. My hubby on the other hand thought it was brilliant and that it couldn't be any better.
It will probably grow on me upon second viewing, a bit like QoS did. :D

I must say that comparing it to MI Rogue Nation, I thought that MI was the better film, and I am by no means a fan of Tom Cruise.

Anyway, Daniel rocked, he looked fabulous! :D
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Ooh, I hope it grows on you SG!

I can see why some are saying Christoph was not what they expected him to be. But have you ever heard the phrase "the banality of evil"? Meaning that somebody who is evil doesn't have to outwardly display psychotic behaviours. Maybe CW simply wasn't given enough screen time to develop his characters motives. :dunno: Which is why I think that is something that can be addressed in the NEXT movie. :wink:

Daniel, yes!! Always the best in what he does. :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Young Calgary Bond fan gets star treatment at movie's premiere

http://calgaryherald.com/entertainment/ ... s-premiere
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

'Spectre' Producer Expects Daniel Craig to Return for Another Bond Movie

Michael G. Wilson says he believes a new distributor for the film franchise will be chosen from among three suitors by February.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... aig-837655
Daniel_Craig

Re: spectre november 2015

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

OOOH, I hope MGW is right!!!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I would be excited if it would say "Daniel Craig will return" :lol:

Na...seriously if I remeber it correctly up until Octupussy they put an "James Bond will return in <next movietitle" at the end of the credits

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:'Spectre' Producer Expects Daniel Craig to Return for Another Bond Movie

Michael G. Wilson says he believes a new distributor for the film franchise will be chosen from among three suitors by February.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... aig-837655
and at least we know now that he doesn't have a contract like it was written all over the web.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Christoph Waltz just appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. When prompted about his appearance at the end of the film, Waltz simply stated, "Well, I'm looking toward the future."
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vanquish

Re: spectre november 2015

Post by Vanquish »

Daniel_Craig wrote:
PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:If you watch the credits right to the very end it does say "James Bond will Return" :D
A screenshot from the end of the credits line.

Please can you tell me where you found these credits?

I'd love to see them online in full.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.