Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Do we know, why these changes were asked? Not falling this quickly might have been better and more convincing
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:Do we know, why these changes were asked? Not falling this quickly might have been better and more convincing
The article doesn't elaborate. It does say that in the original draft Madeleine Swann receives overtures from a lesbian henchwoman. I guess this could be a nod to the Rosa Klebb character in From Russia with Love.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

That's very interesting. :brood:

As much as I love the final movie that was produced, I wonder if it could have been even BETTER had these changes not been made? I personally think that the movie was purposefully 'engineered' so parents could take their kids.... ie, no naked Daniel or significant sex scenes. But Mr Fleming himself has disagreed with that premise. Bond was always designed for ADULTS ONLY. In the 60's with Sean, they would have probably come up against a good deal of censorship and were considered "racy" for their time anyway. With Roger in the 70's and 80's, they didn't take the sex out but it became almost like a French farce. I'm not really complaining. It just seems a shame if the movies are unable to become the fully fledged creative expressions that they could be all because of 'Mr Boss Man'. :roll:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yeah, Cass, that is interesting...Surely some things had to change because of the Sony hack. I wonder why the original wasn't released by the hackers? Maybe they tried to get some money from Sony...idk.

Maybe this has already been posted, but the The Daily Mail yesterday, it stated how theaters in London are upcharging tickets to Specter over other movies. A 'blockbuster' premium. I believe it said that it was 10-20 pounds over standard movies. That has shown to increase revenue, but I wonder about actual tickets sold.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

sf2la wrote:Yeah, Cass, that is interesting...Surely some things had to change because of the Sony hack. I wonder why the original wasn't released by the hackers? Maybe they tried to get some money from Sony...idk.

Maybe this has already been posted, but the The Daily Mail yesterday, it stated how theaters in London are upcharging tickets to Specter over other movies. A 'blockbuster' premium. I believe it said that it was 10-20 pounds over standard movies. That has shown to increase revenue, but I wonder about actual tickets sold.
I found this old Cinema Blend article about the Sony Pictures hack and the leaked Spectre script:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/James-Bo ... 68657.html

I think cinemas are raising their ticket prices for Spectre but not by an excessive amount. I saw Spectre at the BFI IMAX last week and I didn't have to pay over the odds for a ticket, but it was obviously more expensive than for a regular cinema. I just checked my local Vue multiplex cinema and for an evening screening this week an adult ticket for Spectre is £10.99, whereas a ticket for the recently released Suffragette is £9.99. This week there will be 16 screenings of Spectre per day. The film is also being shown in other cinema chains in town.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

This is the article :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ectre.html

It seemed like we paid a fortune, but it was at the Empire IMAX on a Saturday night. Sold out showing, and that was one big cinema. But there was enough room for a shirtless Daniel on the screen!! :twisted: or some sexy scene. I have a multiple-track mind for him, but right now after seeing it Spectre, the main track didn't get to see what it wanted to see. Aargh. I'll get over it :cry:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We have survived worse :wink:

Just saying - stache and else.

Personally, I now know, what is ahead in this department and will try to be happy with what I get.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:We have survived worse :wink:

Just saying - stache and else.

Personally, I now know, what is ahead in this department and will try to be happy with what I get.
IMO, if you're a Bond fan, you'll like the movie enough. There are some gadgets (especially one), jokes, the white dinner jacket (i don't like it at all)..., etc. they wanted to bring back some if the old Bond, and they succeeded. As was said before, Daniel played him perfectly. It's like he is Bond when filming. I think he's admitted to that. But i just want a good story, beautiful locations, extravagant sets, some sexy scenes, and a fit, shirtless Daniel. I definitely expected to see Daniel shirtless. He's a man. What's to hide? Why not show it off? So I was really stunned that he was so covered up throughout the movie. He obviously did it on purpose, but I hope BB gets some serious grief over that call. It will only be disappointing for Daniel fans, or per my friend who does not find him handsome, she thinks his body is like Adonis's. So even she felt ripped off.

GG, at least you know, and I think had I known in advance, I would have liked it better because this didn't meet my expectations. The trailers were vacuous teasers. If I knew he was going to be back in the big screen in the near future, I'd feel like I could wait to be satisfied.

There was an article in the DM yesterday about how there was a crisis right before the premiere regarding Daniek's bespoke, perfectly tailored shirts. They didn't fit right when it was London premiere time. He had lost so much weight since shooting that they had his personal tailor in a frenzy to sew him a shirt that fit properly. I saved the article if no one has posted it yet.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I read the tailor article too, from a different source.

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/007- ... story.html

If the love scene between Dan and MB hadn't been cut, we would have seen more Danny, I'm sure.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I read the tailor article too, from a different source.

If the love scene between Dan and MB hadn't been cut, we would have seen more Danny, I'm sure.
the links doesn't work (for me?)

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You know, I am sad, because you are sad.

If I learned one thing over these 10 years - there is always something, that I do not, for the sake of me, understand. Why is HE/THEY doing this or that?

So I stopped wondering. There obviously were raunchy scenes, they had to or decided to cut. Shame, but what can we do? Really, I don't wanna let this bring my experience of watching it down. As it is, there is Daniel in ev ery scene, confident and swaggerish. That will have to.
:wink:

Overall, I only want this film to be a big success. It doesn't matter all that much to me, whether or not its gonna be my new favourite or not. CR will keep being this, I suppose. I will be entertained, I can fest my eyes on him, so I will be fine.

But I undersstand you, no question about it. They have let us down in this departent continuously after CR.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I read the tailor article too, from a different source.

the links doesn't work (for me?)
Thats strange......

Here's The Mail article...

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nope, not found. But don't bother, we already know, what it says. They should know by now, that he slims down after the shoot just by not going to the gym all the time.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Hmmm doesn't work either...only a blank page

even when I go to www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk and search 007 it shows up, but when I click on the result it goes to a blank page

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

now I get "page not found".... :lol: