Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HLAJ wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Bond: Sam Mendes still not confirmed as director

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... ector.html
Oh, for goodness' sake! I wish they'd just sort this out once and for all. If they don't hurry up Daniel will need a Zimmer frame, not a stunt double! :evil:
What's a Zimmer frame? I don't tthink, they waste all this time, when they didn't know, he is gonna do it. Just the specifics are not clear. I am sure. I think, they are further advanced with it, then they let us know - yet.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:

Sylvia, where are these additional pics from? What did I miss?
From the Betrayal site. It's been updated with ticket info.

Btw, a zimmer frame is a walking frame generally used by old people. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

Sylvia, where are these additional pics from? What did I miss?
From the Betrayal site. It's been updated with ticket info.

Btw, a zimmer frame is a walking frame generally used by old people. :wink:
Thanks Sylvia.
But HLAJ, come on :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I know, I'm just impatient for some new Daniel, GG x
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HLAJ wrote:I know, I'm just impatient for some new Daniel, GG x
Yep, we all are. He is making it difficult for us these days. If they are stage dooring we will be compensated.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Soo Sam got his wish and who knows, it might cost us the fifth DC Bond film, but maybe not. After all this time, I wasn't holding much hope on 14 release and - at least - we have the facts now and they have a lot of time to make another memorable film.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-07- ... bond-film/

This gives Daniel the chance to make another film next year before returning as Bond. I am sure, he will do that.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Oh, I do hope he does make at least one other film. I suppose it's too much to hope that they make the next 2 Bond films back-to-back? If they wait six months or more after the next release before choosing a director Daniel will be pushing 50. While I'm sure he'll be a delectable 50 year-old, I can't see audiences buying a really middle-aged James Bond :?
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Hmmm ... :brood: How old was Roger Moore when he stopped? And remember, Sean made 'Never say never again' after he had officially stopped being Bond! Remember the bad toupee? I would hope that Daniel would 'quit while he's ahead' as far as Bond goes but I am definitely not averse to seeing him do more, especially if he can continue to make movies after Bond is done. 8)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Actually, Sean doesn't look too bad but I reckon he's definitely over 50... :wink:

NSNG was made in 1983...

(Just googled it... SC was born in 25/08/1930... so he was 53...)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Yes, but it's remembered as the one Connery shouldn't have done because of his age. I can't see Daniel making that mistake. I think he will move on to other things if there are any doubts about him still being able to play a plausible Bond
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It could be, that this will be his last one then, but I have a feeling, that is fine with him and who knows...I miught be dead wrong. I believe from what i read, that doing those blockbusters every 2 years is a VERY difficult task these days. Its not the 90's anymore.

So they obviously waited for Sam, but was 14 ever REALLY an option? Maybe Daniel passed on MM because he didn't know, when Bond would start and with the play, it would have really meant 3 back to back. Now he can choose one for 14 and take it easy,

Actually I have a good feeling about all this.,

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Boo hoo, I'd die if Bond 24 was his last one. Unless they can turn around another one quick on its heels.

I can't follow him in theater for the rest of my life, more films please, more Bond!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Boo hoo, I'd die if Bond 24 was his last one. Unless they can turn around another one quick on its heels.

I can't follow him in theater for the rest of my life, more films please, more Bond!!
There was early talk of doing them more or less back to back. So mayby - with all this time now - they prepare partly for 25 already and are actually able to pull of a 2 year gap.

Bee, I am sure, he will do another movie next year, which might come out end of 14.

Lets hope, he stagedoors - then we will have plenty of nice vids again.

Also, with everybody and his dog directing and producing, it can't be long, that he starts that, too. Not because he follows a trend (when would he ever do that? :twisted: ) but because its good and sometimes necessary to get your own stuff off the ground. He will be around, don't worry :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Boo hoo, I'd die if Bond 24 was his last one. Unless they can turn around another one quick on its heels.

There was early talk of doing them more or less back to back. So mayby - with all this time now - they prepare partly for 25 already and are actually able to pull of a 2 year gap.

Bee, I am sure, he will do another movie next year, which might come out end of 14.

Lets hope, he stagedoors - then we will have plenty of nice vids again.

Also, with everybody and his dog directing and producing, it can't be long, that he starts that, too. Not because he follows a trend (when would he ever do that? :twisted: ) but because its good and sometimes necessary to get your own stuff off the ground. He will be around, don't worry :wink:
BTW sf, your number 2 man Fincher got Ben Affleck as the lead for his new film. They start in fall, so Daniel was never an option.