Skyfall Awards

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I was enthralled from beginning to end. I jumped in my seat at least twice, and I'm not a jumpy person. I never knew what was going to happen next. I had no idea M was going to die! Major surprise for me. And the car - what will they do with the exploded car bits for the future??? :shock: I thought Daniel played Bond perfectly but don't see that character ever having enough range to win an Oscar. Javier - yes. If Javier were Bond and Daniel played Silva, I'd say Daniel should get the Oscar nomination.

I can't wait for Zero Dark Thirty. That seems to be the big contender with Lincoln now. Oh yeah, and Argo.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Littlesue wrote:I noticed a few flaws, the scene where Judy meets the new M for the first time, when she sits down she puts a large bag on the floor, when she stands up its not there but when she gets to the door its in her hand again :) also when they are in the house at the end in one scene she wears wedge court shoes then she is in flat welly type boots
I noticed it too! When she gets up to leave, she gathers her jacket, turns around and the camera cuts to RF.
I tell myself that that's when she probably bent down to pick it up! We never see her hands when she leaves (I think) . So she still had her bag, we just didn't see it :lol:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:
Littlesue wrote:I noticed a few flaws, the scene where Judy meets the new M for the first time, when she sits down she puts a large bag on the floor, when she stands up its not there but when she gets to the door its in her hand again :) also when they are in the house at the end in one scene she wears wedge court shoes then she is in flat welly type boots
I noticed it too! When she gets up to leave, she gathers her jacket, turns around and the camera cuts to RF.
I tell myself that that's when she probably bent down to pick it up! We never see her hands when she leaves (I think) . So she still had her bag, we just didn't see it :lol:
I can't believe you two are so observant! I am oblivious to that stuff, but I love to have them pointed out to me. I wonder how embarrassing it is for the editors and director? No one likes to make mistakes at work, and these mistakes get published and live forever.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I never even notice these things. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Boston Online Film Critics Awards

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:
Roger Deakins, SKYFALL

:jump: :happyrunning: :cancan:
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Woot woot :D :happyrunning:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ That is really awesome. But I get the impression that the movie won't win anything for costume design! I liked Daniel's tight(er) suits. They displayed his physique beautifully. Men like women in dresses that show off their figures, not potato sack dresses. We're the same. If they got it, flaunt it!
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Skyfall also won the more important Los Angeles Film Critic Award (LAFCA) for Best Cinematography today. :D
caramel

Post by caramel »

Maybelline wrote:Skyfall also won the more important Los Angeles Film Critic Award (LAFCA) for Best Cinematography today. :D
:cheer:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

cine is the strongest bet 4 the Oscar nom!
the award will def go to Life of Pi though

Washington DC Area Film Critics Nominees

a nom 4 Javier!
Best Supporting Actor:
Alan Arkin (Argo)
Javier Bardem (Skyfall)
Leonardo DiCaprio (Django Unchained)
Philip Seymour Hoffman (The Master)
Tommy Lee Jones (Lincoln)
+ another cinematpgraphy one
Best Cinematography:
Les Misérables (Danny Cohen)
Life of Pi (Claudio Miranda)
The Master (Mihai Malaimare Jr.)
Skyfall (Roger Deakins)
Zero Dark Thirty (Greig Fraser)
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

'Huffington post' Top 10
1-Zero Dark Thirty
2-Lincoln
3-Beasts of the Southern Wild
4-Argo
5-Django Unchained
6-Moonrise Kingdom
7-Silver Linings Playbook
8-Skyfall
9-Les Miserables
10-Looper
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Can Adele break Oscar curse for Bond films with win for song 'Skyfall'?

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3709/adel ... 79086.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Sylvia, you busy bee :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks Sylvia, you busy bee :D
Haha...just thought I'd have a quick surf of any news before I do anything else. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Important things first :wink:
I have a watch out on twitter, but nothing on last night yet.