Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

We've gone slightly "off topic" but - yuk! - I am not a Zellweger fan. She ruined "Chicago" for me and I thought she was "twee" in "Jerry Maguire"... I wouldn't see Bridget Jones no matter what actress was in it. An actress to pick starring opposite Daniel?? I really would have to think about that. For every Eva Green and every Yekaterina Rednikova, there is a Naomie Harris or an Olga Kurylenko. Its all subjective and very much open to personal interpretation... but is it going to put me off seeing Daniels new movie??? NO BLOODY WAY!!!! :wink:
purple

Post by purple »

CockHargreaves wrote:
purple wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:Then I hope you have a lovely weekend. We Brits/Welsh are no better or worse than anyone else, I'm sure. Where are you from? You're clearly something of an Anglophile! 8)
yes my friends tease me quite a lot about that :D ; I live in Belgium
I've been to Belgium a few times and like it very much. It's a beautiful country and the people are always very friendly and welcoming.
my experience exactly with British people :D my last off topic I promise

RZ ruined Chicago for me as well :( other than that I loved that movie. Rednikova - yes absolutely I thought she was wonderful in Archangel and had very good chemistry with DC; I had forgotten about her...come to think of it, I think she would be wonderful in a courtroom drama...but we are probably stuck with RZ so let's hope for the best. Actually in that link GG posted she sounded much more interesting than the image I have of her :oops:
Alina

Post by Alina »

Unlike almost everybody else here, I'm not going to rant on RZ before I actually SEE the movie. Besides, it's not confirmed yet, is it? She is reported to be "in talks" to join the project. Is anything about the movie confirmed, btw?
RZ is a good actress, with a lot of potential, she was a very good Bridget Jones (although I haven't seen the latest one yet), she was very good in White Oleander, Cold Mountain, Jerry Maguire or Miss Potter. And she was ok in Chicago, although I liked Zeta-Jones better. But I'd never say she RUINED Chicago for me.
I only hope she won't tinker with her face again when she finally becomes attached to TWT - immobilising facial muscles definitely won't help her to deliver a good performance.
Anyway, I consider her to be a good actress and I'm optimistic about the movie.

And I don't want to see DC with Eva Green in every movie now, just because she made a good Vesper.
Rednikova? She was very good in Archangel, but there are better actresses without a foreign accent out there.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Alina wrote:Unlike almost everybody else here, I'm not going to rant on RZ before I actually SEE the movie. Besides, it's not confirmed yet, is it? She is reported to be "in talks" to join the project. Is anything about the movie confirmed, btw?
RZ is a good actress, with a lot of potential, she was a very good Bridget Jones (although I haven't seen the latest one yet), she was very good in White Oleander, Cold Mountain, Jerry Maguire or Miss Potter. And she was ok in Chicago, although I liked Zeta-Jones better. But I'd never say she RUINED Chicago for me.
I only hope she won't tinker with her face again when she finally becomes attached to TWT - immobilising facial muscles definitely won't help her to deliver a good performance.

And I don't want to see DC with Eva Green in every movie now, just because she made a good Vesper.
Rednikova? She was very good in Archangel, but there are better actresses without a foreign accent out there.
Has anyone seen "New in Town" OMG I LMAO. Harry Connick JR. was adorable. RW was really funny. Mind you it's just a romantic comedy and mindless but very cute.
Alina

Post by Alina »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
Alina wrote:Unlike almost everybody else here, I'm not going to rant on RZ before I actually SEE the movie. Besides, it's not confirmed yet, is it? She is reported to be "in talks" to join the project. Is anything about the movie confirmed, btw?

Has anyone seen "New in Town" OMG I LMAO. Harry Connick JR. was adorable. RW was really funny. Mind you it's just a romantic comedy and mindless but very cute.
You mean RZ, of course? No, I haven't :) But maybe I will, I know she can be very good in this genre.
purple

Post by purple »

Alina wrote:
Just several (hopefully) short remarks:

I did not say I wanted to see DC and EG in every movie; I just said I would like to see them in another movie.

Hypothetically speaking, I suppose that anybody could get a dialect coach for the accent; after all Kurylenko got that Spanish accent for QoS.

As for RZ, I can't shake the feeling that she is somehow overrated; I have seen her in Chicago (absolutely loved that movie but I strongly disliked her), Jerry Mcguire, the two Bridget Jones, New in town (didn't like her, but didn't like the movies either) and Down with love (a silly funny parody where I actually liked her; maybe because her way of acting was very appropriate here). That being said, I know I could change my mind (like I did with Nicole Kidman after The Hours and Dogville). She seemed very ok in that Berlinale interview. So I will just wait and see.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

purple wrote:
Alina wrote:

I did not say I wanted to see DC and EG in every movie; I just said I would like to see them in another movie.

Hypothetically speaking, I suppose that anybody could get a dialect coach for the accent; after all Kurylenko got that Spanish accent for QoS.

As for RZ, I can't shake the feeling that she is somehow overrated; I have seen her in Chicago (absolutely loved that movie but I strongly disliked her), Jerry Mcguire, the two Bridget Jones, New in town (didn't like her, but didn't like the movies either) and Down with love (a silly funny parody where I actually liked her; maybe because her way of acting was very appropriate here). That being said, I know I could change my mind (like I did with Nicole Kidman after The Hours and Dogville). She seemed very ok in that Berlinale interview. So I will just wait and see.
Same here, purple, after thinking it over. Wait and see.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote:
Alina wrote:

Ok, I'll also try to keep my remarks short.

Just because you didn't like RZ in Bridget, Chicago or Jerry Maguire doesn't mean that she's "overrated". And what are the symptoms of her being "overrated"? I didn't dislike her in Chicago, she was quite good I think (which was confirmed with a Golden Globe), I LOVED her as Bridget, especially in the first instalment, which was actually very good, she was good in Jerry, imo she was GREAT in Cold Mountain and White Oleander. She won an Oscar and a Golden Globe, plus several other nominations and minor awards, I think she gets as much recognition as she deserves, not too much, but not too little either.
She's not a great actress, but she is good and talented and capable of delivering a very good performance.

And the point of my previous post was that it's not a good idea to get prejudiced and biased against her or anything in general and form some preconceptions in advance.
I never do that. I always prefer to wait and see for myself. And then I form my judgement. That's the message I was trying to convey in my previous post.

Regarding Kurylenko and her accent in QOS - well, I don't know if it was Spanish or not, I suspect it was her own accent, in interviews she speaks in a very similar way. Besides, it's MUCH easier to fake a foreign accent than learn to speak with a native one.
So I don't think there's any vital need of hiring a dialect coach for Rednikova - Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchett she isn't after all.
purple

Post by purple »

I certainly did not mean to imply that my opinions were some sort of absolute judgements; they just reflect my taste, that is all. I often like actors or movies that never won Oscars (after all I love DC and he's never gotten one; I hope he will however) and, oddly enough, I just don't fancy others who are more praised. I do not know why, as I said it is something quite irrational. But in any case, I do not mean to impose my tastes/opinions on anybody.

Perhaps I should try to see some of RZ's other movies of those you mentioned (I am not a big fan of romantic comedies). And as I said in my previous post I will just wait and see.

As for Rednikova, I thought it was some sort of a small talk - I mentioned EG, SDK mentioned her...nothing serious. Anyway this is how I interpreted it. :)
Last edited by purple on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Can we all agree to display our opinions in a friendly, leaving everybody their way, matter? The more involved we are, the more fierce we can get and I include myself here, but lets focus on being friendly and warm with each other. :blowkiss:
I always found, the best way to have a discussion is, when nobody feels the need to justify her/his reasoning, because we feel our opinion is respected whether or not other agree..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:Can we all agree to display our opinions in a friendly, leaving everybody their way, matter? The more involved we are, the more fierce we can get and I include myself here, but lets focus on being friendly and warm with each other. :blowkiss:
I always found, the best way to have a discussion is, when nobody feels the need to justify her/his reasoning, because we feel our opinion is respected whether or not other agree..
:stick_iagree:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Craig, Daniel Craig, goes to court in Boston

Duty, jury duty. That’s what Southie gal Sarah Downey , 29, was up to Thursday when she and a fellow juror on a homicide case at Suffolk County Superior Court spotted Daniel Craig (left), a.k.a. James Bond, or at least a man with a British accent who looked exactly like the British actor. Still buzzing hours later, Downey, a marketing director for Ovuline, a Boston start-up, related the tale of the best jury-duty day ever. She and her fellow juror rode up in the elevator with the star, but pretended not to notice him, while noticing. “He was wearing hipster glasses with big circular frames — brownish — jeans, and like a puffy blue jacket,” she reported. Craig was sitting in the public area of the courtroom with a middle-aged woman with blond hair, who looked like she’d had a blowout, but didn’t appear to be anyone famous, Downey said. “I didn’t recognize her from anything.” As for why Craig was at a murder trial? Word around the courthouse is that he’s researching his role in the upcoming courtroom drama “The Whole Truth.” Meanwhile, The Hollywood Reporter says that Renée Zellweger is in talks to star opposite Craig, which means that she might show up at the Suffolk County courthouse, too, which means, you had me at civic duty.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na ... story.html
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote: Craig was sitting in the public area of the courtroom with a middle-aged woman with blond hair, who looked like she’d had a blowout, but didn’t appear to be anyone famous, Downey said. “I didn’t recognize her from anything.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe it was already RZ, she's unrecognizable now!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: Craig was sitting in the public area of the courtroom with a middle-aged woman with blond hair, who looked like she’d had a blowout, but didn’t appear to be anyone famous, Downey said. “I didn’t recognize her from anything.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe it was already RZ, she's unrecognizable now!
Ah, come on :lol: To me, she looks rather better now. Never likes her puffy cheeks. :oops: One of the few exceptions, who look better after messing with their faces - well, just to me. Still, I am hoping for a last minute change and another acctress.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh no, I thought Renee was so much better before. She's made herself look decades older than 44, looks like she's had a chin implant too.

I watched BJD last night, loved her chubbiness. Well, not really chubby my most standards, just not Hollywood thin.

I fear she's going the way of Meg Ryan. Losing her career and looks for all the wrong reasons.