Member reviews

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I've seen it twice now and my opinion still remains the same.
Daniel is excellent on all levels. The first half of the film is better than the second half. Waltz is definitely under par, his character is not mean enough.
CR still remains the best for me, I think Skyfall is a better film, although Daniel excels and looks gorgeous in Spectre, Qos last.
They've left it so that Blofeld and Hinx could both return.
I think Daniel said that it would be madness to make two movies in a row.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Of course, it would be. They ALL are or were exhausted after this and probably would ALL rather slit their wrists :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Yes of course it would have been madness but maybe that will also mean that a next one is already planed :wink:
ImageImageImage
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

bumblebee wrote:Question for you. Train scene. Was there a kissing scene in the trailer with Swann that wasn't in the final film? I feel we saw her back against the wall with him coming at her from the right of the screen, yet in the movie he came at her from the left? Or am I imagining it.
True BB ! Look it my sigi : it's a screencap from the trailer. In the movie it was inversed : Daniel on the left and Léa on the right.
ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But the scene as such was in.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

FrenchCat wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Question for you. Train scene. Was there a kissing scene in the trailer with Swann that wasn't in the final film? I feel we saw her back against the wall with him coming at her from the right of the screen, yet in the movie he came at her from the left? Or am I imagining it.
True BB ! Look it my sigi : it's a screencap from the trailer. In the movie it was inversed : Daniel on the left and Léa on the right.

Thought so, thank you. I wonder why they did that?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I noticed a couple of scenes different in the trailer to the film, such as the "overdue holiday" line was filmed at a different angle, and Waltz's line "And so James, here we are" was delivered differently.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I noticed a couple of scenes different in the trailer to the film, such as the "overdue holiday" line was filmed at a different angle, and Waltz's line "And so James, here we are" was delivered differently.
I'm amazed that you all observe and notice all these tiny details...how do you guys do that?? Maybe I focused too much on the PFA to pay attention to anything else? :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Hannah wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I noticed a couple of scenes different in the trailer to the film, such as the "overdue holiday" line was filmed at a different angle, and Waltz's line "And so James, here we are" was delivered differently.
I'm amazed that you all observe and notice all these tiny details...how do you guys do that?? Maybe I focused too much on the PFA to pay attention to anything else? :lol:
You were obviously suffering from "Bum Blindness"! :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:rotfl: Yup, can happen, even though I REALLY feel, the pants were way too wide.

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Germangirl wrote::rotfl: Yup, can happen, even though I REALLY feel, the pants were way too wide.
Judging from the PFA pics in your signature, I'd say you consider all kinds of pants 'way too wide' :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hannah wrote:
Germangirl wrote::rotfl: Yup, can happen, even though I REALLY feel, the pants were way too wide.
Judging from the PFA pics in your signature, I'd say you consider all kinds of pants 'way too wide' :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Got me here. Never was an pfa woman, but he changed that.

bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:
Hannah wrote:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Got me here. Never was an pfa woman, but he changed that.
I noticed that too GG.
Like he´s entering the hotel in Morocco. I´ve seen the film twice and noticed it twice! :oops:
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Just got back from seeing the film at IMAX. I did really enjoy it, but will definitely need a second and third viewing.

I have to agree that the third act fell flat and dragged on a bit too long, though I did genuinely forget about EST's scar, so that was a nice surprise at the end when he turned around.

I know that there are more Bond references in this than you can poke a stick at, but honestly, the film didn't feel that Bond-like to me at all. I just sat there thinking, I know all these people are in a Bond film, but this really doesn't feel like one to me at all. I can only assume that this is because the film is such a departure from the tone from CR, QoS and SF that the lightness and humourous moments really stood out to me. I think I laughed more in the first 30mins of the film than I did in the last three combined.

A much better score from Thomas Newman this time round, but I still can't help but wonder how much better the film would have been if they brought back David Arnold. I didn't particularly notice WOW during the title sequence, mostly because I hate octopus' and that was way too many tentacles for my stomach to handle.

And I couldn't help noticing that Christoph Waltz ankles got more screen time than Daniel Craig's bare chest. What happened to him saying 'of course I get my kit off'!?
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Was this in the movie ? It's from a trailer and I can't remember seing it in the movie :

The train kiss scene from the trailer :

The train kiss scene from the movie :

ImageImageImage