Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just listened to it. Thanks ;D Haven't heard him talk for a while. Its good to though.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Another great review. :D

Bard off-Broadway

http://www.economist.com/news/books-and ... d-broadway
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:D Wonderful. Happy for him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Probably my last post for a bit. It's my turn to see this on Sunday :). ... Fingers crossed a whole bunch.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CheekyNandos wrote:Probably my last post for a bit. It's my turn to see this on Sunday :). ... Fingers crossed a whole bunch.
Have a fab time! :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Here Iago is a cunning master and in Daniel Craig’s (Bond) remarkable presence, we see the wheels turn as he slowly shows a complete profile of a psychopath. We believe he can kill even before he does so. He is a work of art and he can dance as shown in a weird moment outside the play when Drake’s “Hotline Blingâ€￾ is sung and danced to. Craig has moves and a menacing beauty.

http://t2conline.com/daniel-craig-shine ... s-othello/
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Have a wonderful time cheeky :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Yes, have a great time Cheeky.

There's another good review from The Times.

A pair of powerful actors bring a deeply visceral Othello to a modern battlefield and an astonished audience

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/theat ... -plzlxxnvj

(Although The Times online is subscription only you can sign up for two free articles each week.)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Have the greatest time with our man. Give him a hug from all of us. :twisted:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel Craig is eying a move to Broadway after winning raves for his Iago in the New York Theatre Workshop production of “Othello.â€￾

http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/will-bands ... -broadway/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But WHEN would he find the time to do that? I don't see it. Plus I don't see him moving just to have a go at a Tony.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

It would probably have to be a limited run if it does transfer, a lot of shows from off Broadway transfer if they are successful and there is a demand for it. I agree with you , they wouldn't do t just so that HE can win a Tony.

Kings shoot is only 8 weeks so it should be finished by end Feb and I don't know when Purity starts shooting, but I thought if was more towards the end of the year, in the Autumn.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Really? At the end of the year? I always thought during the year from like spring to autumn

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Really? At the end of the year? I always thought during the year from like spring to autumn
Maybe, I'm really not sure. There doesn't seem to be much recent info on it.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com