Kings

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

From ERC Box Office:

"The Orchard's KINGS, starring Daniel Craig and Halle Berry, played court-jester at the box office, grossing just $173k in 214 theaters--a disastrous $809 per."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Was to be expected and when its as bad as they say - deserved.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Hmm.....

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kings_2017/

Daniel wanted to play again in an independent movie? That may have been the reason he took on the role of neighbor Obie. To be honest, Englishman Daniel Craig does not fit into this movie, which plays in South Central LA. Even Helle Barry plays the role of the foster mother of 8 children not convincing.

Also strange is the marketing method of "The Oorchard". Only a few days before the US theatrical release high-resolution electronic press material was published.

For Germany and Europe, there will probably be only Blu Ray / DVD relaese.
The bad US box office pay confirm this.

BTW: Only 25 posts to do, so I hit the 6000 .... again. LOL
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

They knew exactly why they didn't do any promos for that.

the reviewes back in September last year when it was shown at the Toronto International Film Festival have been pretty bad.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Promo and especially the EPK cost money. This too must be re-recorded on the box office results.

The bad reviews already started when not a single scene was shot. Helle Barry and Daniel Craig were interpreted as a miscast. Ultimately, these critics should be right. Helle Berry is simply unbelievable in her role as a foster mother of 8 children. And Daniel just does not fit South Central L. A.

Why did Daniel even accept this role? As an actor, the role and how it should be played irritates. Ultimately, it is also about the pouplarität of the film or the subject par excellence. The gage will not be ignored as an actor. Daniel Craig will not want to give away anything either.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sometimes I really dont get what you are saying, Daniel.

Bit fact is, iit was a misfire from the start
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Daniel did not have a good hand in this role selection. Why does he even accept that, if the film is a disaster from the beginning?

Btw: Home Video release: 17th July 2018 in US!
That's damn fast.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Daniel_Craig wrote:Daniel did not have a good hand in this role selection. Why does he even accept that, if the film is a disaster from the beginning?

That's damn fast.
Because he wanted to work with the director.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Red-Snow wrote:
Daniel_Craig wrote:Daniel did not have a good hand in this role selection. Why does he even accept that, if the film is a disaster from the beginning?

That's damn fast.
Because he wanted to work with the director.
Ok.

I've never heard of this director before, or seen a movie. Google is a good friend and helper: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2197025/
danielcraigss

Post by danielcraigss »

I recently saw KINGS and was wondering who else had possibly seen it, what they thought?

The version I saw was free and not in HD.
CRAIGING FOR 12 LONG YEARS NOW

Daniel isn't social via Jamie Lee Curtis so I'm social for him.
Holler at the North-side Chester Wild boy. https://www.instagram.com/danielcraigsss/

YOUNG BLONDE BOND & THE DOUBLE O MOB TILL I DIE
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

How did you like it? Was ot bad?

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Rottentomatos don´t like Kings: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kings_2017/

12% on TOMATOMETER :shock:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

danielcraigss wrote:I recently saw KINGS and was wondering who else had possibly seen it, what they thought?

The version I saw was free and not in HD.
I'll wait for the BluRay.

It wasn't released in the theaters here :cry:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Then he can take off his shirt for Bond 25 ... :mrgreen: