Queer

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Queer

Post by Red-Snow »

51 Most Anticipated Movie Performances of 2024, Ranked: Lady Gaga, Pedro Pascal and More
https://variety.com/lists/most-anticipa ... g-shirley/

Variety have listed Daniel Craig's role in 'Queer' as their most anticipated movie performance of 2024.
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Queer

Post by Dunda »

I really hope it will be released in 2024, though :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well, thats an honour, I suppose to lead that list.
Fingers crossed, it works out.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Three more months, too long T_T
Praying for at least some photos.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Very cool. Looking forward to the Reviews.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Do we know if Daniel has ever had a film premiere at Cannes?
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Vanquish wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:56 pm Do we know if Daniel has ever had a film premiere at Cannes?
Golden compass
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Is Outer Banks star Drew Starkey Hollywood’s next prestige heartthrob?
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/d ... rview-2024

Last year brought an unexpected change, when an audition tape Starkey made for a different project landed in front of the star-making Italian director Luca Guadagnino, who was casting for Queer. Guadagnino consulted Craig, who was already attached to play Lee, about his instinct to cast Starkey as Eugene Allerton – a discharged American Navyman whom Lee encounters while wandering Mexico City’s bars in search of heroin and connection. After seeing Starkey’s tape, Craig relayed to Guadagnino the three words every actor wants to hear: “That’s the guy.”

“I liked Drew from the moment I met him,” Craig tells me. “He’s such a wonderful, kind human being, and that was very obvious to me from the very start.”

Things started happening very fast after that. “I got a call from my team telling me that Luca Guadagnino wanted to have breakfast with me,” Starkey says. “I was like, what the fuck?” We both agree there’s no way that Luca Guadagnino ever pulled up the Netflix homepage and hit play on Outer Banks. The man himself confirms this: “I had not seen Outer Banks nor knew that Drew was in it,” Guagadnino told me in an email. “I discovered that Drew made it and was a celebrity the day in which, leaving the studios after a day of work, I saw a thick crowd of fans holding banners with his name in front of the gates, screaming, ‘Drew, Drew, Drew!’”

(Craig, who similarly had zero prior knowledge of Outer Banks, saw the crowds, too: “There were a lot of people outside the studio every night lined up with big signs saying, ‘Hi Drew.’”)

Everything that happened next felt equally out of the blue. Before long, Starkey was in Rome – a city he’d never been to, in a country he’d never visited before – and commuting to set from an apartment right near the Pantheon. (Even though the film takes place in and around Mexico, they filmed at Rome’s Cinecittà Studios.) Starkey says he and Craig “just jumped into movement rehearsals with each other, and we just got to know each other really quickly.” He laughs. “Really, really quickly.”
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

According to GQ, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross will compose the score for Queer.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I guess Daniel is quite happy with that. He loved the TGwtDT soundtrack

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems to have come together nicely.

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

...I am looking forward to Cannes, I hope for some cool Daniel-pics :D :D :D .