DC twitter

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
Northcoast wrote:Is that a bad gesture?? It's not "the finger". It's a V to me, for victory or peace. :oops:
Really??? So if you turn your hand around with your palm facing you, it means F-off? Because palm toward the camera would be 'peace.'

I had never known about this before? So where does that put 'giving the finger?' Isn't that then the same as the V? Is it that it looks more polite but has the same bad message??? Enlighten me, please!

both gestures sort of mean the same thing. The reverse v sign, demonstrated by Daniel is very common here in the UK as is the middle finger. Although, where I come from that was mainly used for " up yours ".
Both are used for F off here and I don't think one is more polite than the other.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thanks, SG! I never knew that. Is it fairly new?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:Thanks, SG! I never knew that. Is it fairly new?
No, not at all. The 'V' sign goes right back, the middle finger is much more
recent. :D
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I always thought that the 'reverse' V sign, palm out, was the symbol for "Peace"?? :? Like......

:peace:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:I always thought that the 'reverse' V sign, palm out, was the symbol for "Peace"?? :? Like......

:peace:
but it was not palm out ...

the german wiki says: If the palm is facing the performers, then it has a heavy offensive meaning, roughly comparable with the middle finger in UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

English wiki says the same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Paul Allen ‏@PaulAnthony73 1h1 hour ago
All those who bitched about what Daniel Craig wore at the Bond 24 announcement. Don't be so bloody stupid!, he's an actor wearing a jumper.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Todd Howe ‏@todd_boxer 1h1 hour ago
No biggie, Daniel Craig is at the @WeAreAugustines show in London…

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2014/augustines/
SmittenDramaKitten

I am confused by SG's last post... :? Shouldn't Daniel be on location somewhere in Austria by now? And what is 'WeAreAugustines'? (If the tweeter in question wasn't pulling a 'fast one'...)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They started in pinewood with an office scene.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Oh, OK! :) Now is the time when keeping up with HHH's whereabouts could be a tad tricky as the movie shoot flies from one city and country to the next... like it was any easier before... :wink: :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its not actually. You just have to follow what is posted here. It will be even more easy now, as they will LET us follow the production and stuff will leak on top.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Well, you know me.... I just like putting 'barriers' up, even when they're not there.... :oops: :roll:
SmittenDramaKitten

Oh, irony abounds!!!!!!!! Check out this tweet I found on google that actually has an URL for the Daily Mail!!! :shock: :? :lol:

SmittenDramaKitten

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Oh, irony abounds!!!!!!!! Check out this tweet I found on google that actually has an URL for the Daily Mail!!! :shock: :? :lol:

And........