News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Post by tampa »

caramel wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote: Isn't it, but it's like watching a train wreck, you can't take your eyes off him. I was stunned that he was back for a 3rd year at the Globes, but they really seem to have embraced him and are promoting the hell out of his involvement, it's like who cares about the awards, we've got Gervais!
They will have huge quotes just because of him. Everybody and his dog will wanna know, who will get it how badly :lol: I sorta think, he will spare Ronney - dunno - gut feeling.
I am so stoked about this award show now! I am like who cares who wins what (of course I want GDT winning as much as possible ;) ) but this show now is all about Ricky! I too have to just look at him and think of some of last year's jokes and I crack up!
Can't wait for Sunday. :happyrunning:
Yes, I'll be watching to see who how he goes after all of the stars there. It would be nice to see Daniel get nominated for stuff, but I'm kind of happy he is not nominated for a GG and have to be there to get sliced up by Ricky. Ricky would probably show him no mercy.
caramel

Post by caramel »

OSCARS: Producer Scott Rudin Talks Critics Awards, Salander, His ‘Jeopardy’ Discovery And Why A Non-Baseball Fan Relates To ‘Moneyball’

AWARDSLINE: What made Daniel Craig right guy to play Mikael Blomkvist? An actor known for action takes a backseat in that department to Salander.
RUDIN: He’s the guy that can do anything. He has integrity and smarts and sex and righteousness. He’s exactly the thing you want in a movie star. And, in a way, he accommodates to the presence of Lisbeth in the most beautiful, effortless way. I mean, she comes into the movie and sort of like inhales everything around her and he just sort of exists next to her in the most fantastic, stylish, witty way. He’s totally confident in every single move he’s got in the story and she’s like this dervish around him. He’s the essence and stillness and I think it’s really beautiful to watch.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/oscar-p ... moneyball/
tampa

Post by tampa »

caramel wrote:OSCARS: Producer Scott Rudin Talks Critics Awards, Salander, His ‘Jeopardy’ Discovery And Why A Non-Baseball Fan Relates To ‘Moneyball’

AWARDSLINE: What made Daniel Craig right guy to play Mikael Blomkvist? An actor known for action takes a backseat in that department to Salander.
RUDIN: He’s the guy that can do anything. He has integrity and smarts and sex and righteousness. He’s exactly the thing you want in a movie star. And, in a way, he accommodates to the presence of Lisbeth in the most beautiful, effortless way. I mean, she comes into the movie and sort of like inhales everything around her and he just sort of exists next to her in the most fantastic, stylish, witty way. He’s totally confident in every single move he’s got in the story and she’s like this dervish around him. He’s the essence and stillness and I think it’s really beautiful to watch.

Interesting interview, and wonderful praise coming from Rudin. He has to be the number one producer in the world. He's supposed to be a bastard, but with incredibly great taste. My Gawd, the article notes that just in the last year he produced The Social Network and True Grit, this year Tattoo, Moneyball, Incredibly Loud, and the Tony wining play, the book of Mormon. Hope he gives Daniel some more great parts.
sasha

Post by sasha »

tampa wrote:
caramel wrote:OSCARS: Producer Scott Rudin Talks Critics Awards, Salander, His ‘Jeopardy’ Discovery And Why A Non-Baseball Fan Relates To ‘Moneyball’

Interesting interview, and wonderful praise coming from Rudin. He has to be the number one producer in the world. He's supposed to be a bastard, but with incredibly great taste. My Gawd, the article notes that just in the last year he produced The Social Network and True Grit, this year Tattoo, Moneyball, Incredibly Loud, and the Tony wining play, the book of Mormon. Hope he gives Daniel some more great parts.
Thanks for posting. I know, I'm being ungrateful, but couldn't he worked a little bit harder on getting DC nominated? It's like they all acknowledge how good DC is and look right past him. :-k Sorry I'm in grumpy mood. I felt like Moneyball was a good movie, but it didn't left an impression of great performance, maybe I need to see it again.

It's interesting - Rudin sais that 'When we started to negotiate we didn’t know there were Swedish movies. Nobody told us, I had no idea.' Never considered that.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote: Thanks for posting. I know, I'm being ungrateful, but couldn't he worked a little bit harder on getting DC nominated? It's like they all acknowledge how good DC is and look right past him. :-k Sorry I'm in grumpy mood. I felt like Moneyball was a good movie, but it didn't left an impression of great performance, maybe I need to see it again.
I think, one of his best traits - being rather egoless or at least it seems that way - he will more often then not being overrun by others, who are more agressive.

But like I said in another post - his Mikael is so laid back and really supporting of Lisbeth that is might be easy to overlook, that this is actually the beauty of his performance. But they should know better, really and give the man some more credit.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx ... um=twitter

Maybe I missed that one..

Meanwhile, city records show that Rachel has just sold her old house in the city - with the buyer being her former partner, director Darren Aronofsky.

The 'Wrestler' filmmaker - who has a five-year-old son, Henry, with Rachel - paid $2.52 million for the five-storey townhouse.

The sum is considerably less than the $3.4 million the former couple paid for the 11.5 room property in 2005 and the house is said to be worth an estimated 3-4 times more than what Darren has just paid.

Maybe they bought it together and that is what she got back for her initial share. Or it was a deal made to show good will and make for a good understanding between the former couple for the sake of Henry.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Short film - The Organ Grinder's Monkey screens tonight at the London short Film Fest.

http://www.promonews.tv/2012/01/12/lond ... 13th-show/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Short film - The Organ Grinder's Monkey screens tonight at the London short Film Fest.

http://www.promonews.tv/2012/01/12/lond ... 13th-show/
You really dig out everything. Thanks :D

caramel

Post by caramel »

‘Community’ Star Donald Glover Reveals Man Crush on Daniel Craig

Who doesn’t love Daniel Craig?

In a recent interview with GQ, hilarious Community star Donald Glover talked about a number of topics, but ultimately started dishing on the hunky Girl With the Dragon Tattoo actor.

When the mag asked who Donald would pick as his best dressed (British) man, this is what he had to say:

“Daniel Craig. Man, that’s a good-looking dude. Every time I see him I think, “I’d totally do him”. He exudes a confidence that I want. He’s got these weird zombie eyes that are piercing – you don’t want to look into them but you can’t help yourself. He’s always dressed super-well but doesn’t look like he’s trying. I like the polos on his broad shoulders.”

Love it!

http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-01-13/comm ... ig-photos/
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

mistake
Last edited by calypso on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

Looks like both my boys wont be there so feel free to bring it on Ricky Image
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://laineygossip.com/Articles/Detail ... lina-Jolie

'I do however like her answer on the subject of paparazzi and privacy. She acknowledges that it can be unpleasant but makes sure to end that discussion quickly by calling it a “high class problem”. A small, very small price to pay. You see Daniel Craig?'

:roll: :lol:
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

According to various UK press reports, the six actors who have played 007 in the big screen franchise are set to meet for the first time at a lavish premiere to celebrate its 50th birthday.
Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig have never been at the same event together before. The last time there was multiple Bonding was at the 40th anniversary Royal Premiere of "Die Another Day" in 2002 when the middle 4 actors appeared alongside each other.

The sextet of Bond actors will reportedly be joined by a bevy of beauties from the five decades of adventures, including the likes of Ursula Andress and Eva Green.

The party will be the climax of what MGM calls “a whole year of birthday celebrations for 007 in the movies”. It will be held after October’s premiere of Skyfall, the 23rd film in the series.

Daniel Craig said: “It’s an astonishing record for any character to endure for five decades in showbiz but I’ll bet this: the franchise is such a phenomenon that in another 50 years time a whole new bunch of actors and their leading ladies will be gathering for another party when Bond becomes a centenarian.”
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Luna, do you have a link?