THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:here both movies have great release dates
Now its an autumn break at schools so 'Tin tin' def willn find its audience as cartoons & kids fare earn major money in this this period of time

& 'Tattoo' is the movie released after the NY day & the first week fall on the 10 day holydays. again major bucks
Good to hear - thanks Elvenstar. I don#t trust my gut feelings anymore with DC, but I think, this will be watched by lovers AND by haters.If they can just turn around 1/3 of the haters, they have achieved something..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

DANIEL CRAIG CONSIDERS DAVID FINCHER A MODERN DAY ALFRED HITCHCOCK

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is one of the most anticipated movies of the year. The film is based on the best selling novel which has been a worldwide phenomenon, and stars Daniel Craig. It is directed by David Fincher, who has directed many great movies including Fight Club, Zodiac, and The Social Network. Fincher’s films are visually stunning, and he has been known to be a perfectionist when it comes to directing.
Craig told us that he left all of his expectations at the door when he started filming with Fincher, and that he considers Fincher a modern day Alfred Hitchcock. (Click on the audio player to hear Daniel Craig)

http://foxallaccess.blogs.fox.com/2011/ ... hitchcock/
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tampa wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:I don't want to burst anyone bubble but TinTin for a Holdiay movie is a good thing for the movie, it's antimated, 3D and all for kids.
We are a select few that are interested in Daniel voice in the movie.
I love seeing a great kid movie on the holiday.
The Tattoo is going to stand on its own and draw a different crowd, possibly even New Years or New Years Day outing, I am a group of adults that love to go to the movies on Chirstmas day, we always choose something togehter.
Where am I going with this, oh I don't know. I am just rambling on and on.
But it does make sense to have TinTin for a holiday movie :wink:
I agree. Even though they open on the same day in the states, TinTIn and Tattoo are 100% opposite in their appeal. TinTin is going to be a big hit with families and kids. Tattoo will go after young and older adults. If it is good, it should continue to do well through the holidays. TinTIn already looks like a big hit overseas and very likely in the states too. It was smart to open it early in countries where the books were very popular.
I agree with both of you.....the demograhics for these two movies are totally polar opposites.

The only overlap would be adults with little cash but with kids to please who go see Tintin to give the kids a treat rather than treat themselves to Dragon. But in the main, they should not harm each other imo.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

JEC57 wrote:
tampa wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:I don't want to burst anyone bubble but TinTin for a Holdiay movie is a good thing for the movie, it's antimated, 3D and all for kids.
We are a select few that are interested in Daniel voice in the movie.
I love seeing a great kid movie on the holiday.
The Tattoo is going to stand on its own and draw a different crowd, possibly even New Years or New Years Day outing, I am a group of adults that love to go to the movies on Chirstmas day, we always choose something togehter.
Where am I going with this, oh I don't know. I am just rambling on and on.
But it does make sense to have TinTin for a holiday movie :wink:
I agree. Even though they open on the same day in the states, TinTIn and Tattoo are 100% opposite in their appeal. TinTin is going to be a big hit with families and kids. Tattoo will go after young and older adults. If it is good, it should continue to do well through the holidays. TinTIn already looks like a big hit overseas and very likely in the states too. It was smart to open it early in countries where the books were very popular.
I agree with both of you.....the demograhics for these two movies are totally polar opposites.
Don't underestimate the nostalgia potential of Tintin. I'm 26 and I grew up with Tintin like people who are even 20 years older than me. It’s the secret behind the success of “The Smurfs” and I’m sure it will work perfectly with Tintin as well.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^I was in Belgium in 1990 and fell in love with this ubiquitous thing called 'TinTin' that seemed to be in most all the store windows in one form or another. It was the cute white dog. I thought the dog was Tintin and wondered what it was all about and why we didn't have such a cute character in the states. Well, thanks to Spielberg, now we'll have it.

It's my opinion that Spielberg is especially ecstatic over its well-recieved release because of C&As failure. I think it has to affect him more than it should DC, as DC got great reviews; he did all he could.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Maybelline wrote: Don't underestimate the nostalgia potential of Tintin. I'm 26 and I grew up with Tintin like people who are even 20 years older than me. It’s the secret behind the success of “The Smurfs” and I’m sure it will work perfectly with Tintin as well.
But the big difference is that only a very small number of Americans has ever heard of Tintin. I don't thing there are adults in the US who grew up with Tintin and will be hit by nostalgia.

The only thing that can make them go to see the movie is good buzz before and it looks like this is gonna happen. Tintin was #1 in almost every European country last weekend.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:
Maybelline wrote: Don't underestimate the nostalgia potential of Tintin. I'm 26 and I grew up with Tintin like people who are even 20 years older than me. It’s the secret behind the success of “The Smurfs” and I’m sure it will work perfectly with Tintin as well.
But the big difference is that only a very small number of Americans has ever heard of Tintin. I don't thing there are adults in the US who grew up with Tintin and will be hit by nostalgia.

The only thing that can make them go to see the movie is good buzz before and it looks like this is gonna happen. Tintin was #1 in almost every European country last weekend.
I have the impression these days that any good movie targeted for kids, especially released at holiday time, will do phenomenally well. I don't think there needs to be any advance knowledge of the story. This Tintin sounds like it will begin the franchise here. Kids will be out of school during XMAS break, and parents will take them to this. Especially with Spielberg (obviously well known and regarded in the US) behind it. It's like having the Pixar name behind it. Because of Spielberg, I think it will be seen as an American production.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I have the impression these days that any good movie targeted for kids, especially released at holiday time, will do phenomenally well.
true
sasha

Post by sasha »

There is good profile on D. Fincher by Aaron Sorkin (from IMBd):

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6218/631 ... 171c_o.jpg

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yep, he's my no. 2 :lol: :lol:
sasha

Post by sasha »

sf2la wrote:Yep, he's my no. 2 :lol: :lol:
I applause your taste! :lol: Just read it again - extraordinary man, Sorkin put it wonderfully.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

sasha wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yep, he's my no. 2 :lol: :lol:
I applause your taste! :lol: Just read it again - extraordinary man, Sorkin put it wonderfully.
I'll read it tonight. I just think he's a handsome man with a lot of talent and power. Oh, and he's good friends with DC - can't be all bad :lol: .
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

trent_reznor Trent Reznor
I'm happy to announce the soundtrack for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo will be released on Mute Records (outside North America).
sasha

Post by sasha »

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.